Question about gauges 2011 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-03-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 21
Talking Question about gauges 2011

Hi new member here and have a question about my 2011 JKU.According to the fleet brochure my 2011 SHOULD have a oil temp gauge and volt gauge.I can say with certainty that I dont see them.Does anyone know how to access the menu in the EVIC that my vehicle is equipped with to see those readings?Yes, I have read the pdf owners manual and cannot find the info pertaining to this.Also, while im here,I have read somethings regarding "easter eggs" for the EVIC in other Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge products but do not have the music note button on my steering wheel to access this.Any help please?BTW my 2011 silver Sahara has a 6spd, painted top,navi,uconnect,tow pkg,htd seats,auto air,evic packages.

Gvfjr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
SLIM_SNOOPY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvfjr View Post
Hi new member here and have a question about my 2011 JKU.According to the fleet brochure my 2011 SHOULD have a oil temp gauge and volt gauge.I can say with certainty that I dont see them.Does anyone know how to access the menu in the EVIC that my vehicle is equipped with to see those readings?Yes, I have read the pdf owners manual and cannot find the info pertaining to this.Also, while im here,I have read somethings regarding "easter eggs" for the EVIC in other Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge products but do not have the music note button on my steering wheel to access this.Any help please?BTW my 2011 silver Sahara has a 6spd, painted top,navi,uconnect,tow pkg,htd seats,auto air,evic packages.
As of 2010 , Jeep has the manual on CD , should have came with your Jeep, If not, you can download the full maunal from Official Jeep Site - 4x4 SUV, Sport Utility Vehicle. It should give you more info in that owner's manual.Not sure on the 2011's but if you got that small little quick start guide, your missing out on a lot of info , especially if you are missing the cd. The owners'manual on-line wil get you were you need to be. I have no personal expierence with the 2011's , so I can not give you the exact answer you are looking for.

Good Luck on the new Jeep, Get ready for the diesease to spend every dollar you got on aftermarket items. JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket..lol

__________________
SLIM_SNOOPY is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 21
Thanks for the welcome.I had a 2010 and have realized the situation of the owners manual being on cd.The post above mentioned the pdf that i have downloaded and read(88 pages).No sarcasm intended.Thanks though.
Gvfjr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,175
I went thru the standard equipment list for RETAIL and there isn't guages for those two items. In your EVIC there is a system warning menu and if either are a problem it will let you know there. If you ever see "System warnings present" then you can scroll down with the arrow on the steering wheel and see waht the warnings are. I know it gives a warning if one of the doors is not toally closed.

This is exactly why looking at the fleet brochure isn't going to help you. There are different options when ordering fleet versus retail.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Dogzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Coastal NC
Posts: 930
Is is not possible to get a REAL owners manual anymore? Really??
Dogzilla is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #6
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogzilla View Post
Is is not possible to get a REAL owners manual anymore? Really??
Asked the man reading this information on the internet.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 21
Thanks pato.I happened to see a link somewhere while i was considering the '11 and saw a mention of volt/oil gauges.Just piqued my curiousity.Thanks for the help.
Gvfjr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Dogzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Coastal NC
Posts: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
Asked the man reading this information on the internet.
I'm sorry, but your answer doesn't make sense. Does the Jeep no longer come with a paper manual?? If you don't know the answer, please don't troll.
Dogzilla is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2010, 06:26 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
SLIM_SNOOPY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 390
Talking

As of 2010 Chrysler is now making the owner's manual on a cd that comes with the vehicle or their on-line website. Something about save the world, less ------- paper B.S. I am all for that, but an owner's manual is something that belongs in the glove carpartment. If you print the one on-line, you are actually using more paper due to the format size it prints out. Not felling it, really not...lol
__________________
SLIM_SNOOPY is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 21
I was just driving my wife's 11 GC Laredo with the uconnect and played with the EVIC.There is a setting ,vehicle info that pulls up oil temp,pressue,trans temp,engine hours,etc but no dice for us Wrangler owners.
Gvfjr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Dogzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Coastal NC
Posts: 930
Thanks, Slim.....That really sucks. I hope the powers that be will reconsider that situation.
Dogzilla is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
CRNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 247
You can call Jeep and they will send the original owner 1 copy of the print manual. I called and got mine in a couple of days.
CRNA is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-03-2010, 11:11 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
bigjay0512's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sandusky, Ohio
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by pato1031 View Post
then you can scroll down with the arrow on the steering wheel and see waht the warnings are.
arrow on the steering wheel just sounds weird for wranglers.. still not used to that haha
__________________
-Jay
2010 Wrangler Sport S
1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
bigjay0512 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2010, 02:32 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
SLIM_SNOOPY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRNA View Post
You can call Jeep and they will send the original owner 1 copy of the print manual. I called and got mine in a couple of days.
COOL- Did not know that.
__________________
SLIM_SNOOPY is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
Dogzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Coastal NC
Posts: 930
Thanks, CRNA.......That's what I was looking for.
Dogzilla is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #16
rabbits eat lettuce

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
tabber02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: left coast, florida
Posts: 10,447
From the Jeep Website:

To place an order by Telephone to purchase an Owner or Service Manual:

1-800-890-4038
M-F 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET
__________________
-bob

2010 JK - Mountain Edition
i spend way too much money on it... that's all



tabber02 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #17
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogzilla View Post
I'm sorry, but your answer doesn't make sense. Does the Jeep no longer come with a paper manual?? If you don't know the answer, please don't troll.
Sorry it was humor. I should have realized that you wouldn't understand since you don't even own a Jeep.

You see it would be funny if someone who ACTUALLY OWNED a Jeep was on the internet complaining that he didn't have a paper manual as opposed to one he could only read on his computer.

Now that I've taught you the word "troll" start reading your own posts to learn the meaning of the word.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2010, 09:43 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Dogzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Coastal NC
Posts: 930
LOL Just payin you back.

And....For the record, I' ve had the red Rubitrux for a year now. We sold my wife's 06 Sport two months ago, in order to make room inside the garage for my MIL's Camry. She's (86yo) come to live with us (Grrrrrr) as a result of some serious medical problems. The reason I was active in the "painted hardtop" threads is because she's gonna insist on getting one of em on her white Sahara 2dr when we get one. That will be either soon....or in 2013, after the pentastars are proven. We never go offroad, so it sounds like the Pentastar might be just what we need.

I sold my 07Unlimited a couple of years ago.....Big mistake. That led to the Rubitrux, which is a cool truck, but I miss my Unlimited.

We've had a bunch of other TJ's too, since 97.
97 Sport...used
98 Sahara w/tan HT....used
2000 Sahara...White w/white HT...New
03 Khaki Sahara w/HT....New
04 Unlimited....White w/white HT (repainted from black)...New
06 Sport....Black w/black softtop....New
06 Sport....Silver w/black HT and sahara fenders....used
06 Rubicon....Red....Converted to Rubitrux

Not in this order^^^. We also had Miatas and Explorers and Hondas mixed in. Had as many as 5 vehicles at a time (not including my Honda Shadow. I know...I sell and trade way too damn much, but it's fun. I can't take it with me.

Currently a F-150 stepside....Honda Element....Rubitrux....and the damn Camry. Gonna sell the 150 (I'm retiring), and get rid of the damn Camry once we can get rid of MIL (devious grin), and get the white Sahara. I'm sick of hearing about white Sahara's, so I figure I better just do it.

Here's my Rubi.....in my yard. That's my Dad in the background.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11-16-2010 11;15;53AM.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	31451  
Dogzilla is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2010, 09:53 PM   #19
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,142
According to a recent post by Pato, white is currently not being offered. Better hope it's back in '12 or '13. There's no telling id the color matched tops will be around either. It's going to depend on how popular they are. I'm thinking, not very.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Dogzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Coastal NC
Posts: 930
I think Pato retracted that statement and changed it to DYellow. The white is just now becoming available. I AM worried that they will keep white around though. I've been hearing it since 02. She should've never gotten rid of her white 00.

There's a good chance we'll go ahead and spring for one soon. I can always trade later if the '13s come in white.

The dealer here has about 10 new ones with the painted top on the lot. He's already sold 5 or 6 of those too. I haven't seen one on the road yet, so we'll see about the popularity. I'd actually prefer the regular top, painted tan to match the leather. (but I don't get a vote)
Dogzilla is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-05-2010, 04:32 PM   #21
Sponsoring Vendor
 
pat@fieldsauto.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glenview
Posts: 3,175
Yellow is out as is the cod package on rubis. white is still able to be ordered as of right now, we have a JKU white with white top coming in shortly.

Last night my auto group had our holiday party, a few of the head guys for the midwest area came, got confirmation from all 3 that the 3.6 is 2012.

White with matching hardtop isn't all that popular here in the midwest. I can see it being so in the warmer areas of the nation.
__________________
Patrick O'Donnell(Pat@Fieldsauto.com)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge │ 2800 Patriot Blvd│ Glenview, IL 60026
847-446-5100 main│ 847-881-8313 direct
pat@fieldsauto.comFieldsChryslerJeepDodge.com
Have Questions About A New Jeep Purchase? CLICK HERE
pat@fieldsauto.com is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-05-2010, 04:32 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
SLIM_SNOOPY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 390
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogzilla View Post
LOL Just payin you back.

And....For the record, I' ve had the red Rubitrux for a year now. We sold my wife's 06 Sport two months ago, in order to make room inside the garage for my MIL's Camry. She's (86yo) come to live with us (Grrrrrr) as a result of some serious medical problems. The reason I was active in the "painted hardtop" threads is because she's gonna insist on getting one of em on her white Sahara 2dr when we get one. That will be either soon....or in 2013, after the pentastars are proven. We never go offroad, so it sounds like the Pentastar might be just what we need.

I sold my 07Unlimited a couple of years ago.....Big mistake. That led to the Rubitrux, which is a cool truck, but I miss my Unlimited.

We've had a bunch of other TJ's too, since 97.
97 Sport...used
98 Sahara w/tan HT....used
2000 Sahara...White w/white HT...New
03 Khaki Sahara w/HT....New
04 Unlimited....White w/white HT (repainted from black)...New
06 Sport....Black w/black softtop....New
06 Sport....Silver w/black HT and sahara fenders....used
06 Rubicon....Red....Converted to Rubitrux

Not in this order^^^. We also had Miatas and Explorers and Hondas mixed in. Had as many as 5 vehicles at a time (not including my Honda Shadow. I know...I sell and trade way too damn much, but it's fun. I can't take it with me.

Currently a F-150 stepside....Honda Element....Rubitrux....and the damn Camry. Gonna sell the 150 (I'm retiring), and get rid of the damn Camry once we can get rid of MIL (devious grin), and get the white Sahara. I'm sick of hearing about white Sahara's, so I figure I better just do it.

Here's my Rubi.....in my yard. That's my Dad in the background.
Dude: I love your Jeep. Is that the AEV Brute Kit? One word = Awsome. I always had a thing for the Brutes,, very nice !!!!!!
__________________
SLIM_SNOOPY is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-05-2010, 05:00 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
Dogzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Coastal NC
Posts: 930
It looks similar, Slim....but it's called "Rubitrux". A guy (Reggie) builds em in Boone NC. He has a good website.
It's not as expensive as the Brute, but he CAN make these more Brutish. I'll try to get more pics of mine....I keep forgetting to do it when the light is good.

Pato....I'd love to see a pic of the white/white one. And....if any of you guys see a white/white 2 dr, I'd really preciate seeing that one too. I'm afraid I'm destined for that one, unless I really find some serious "leverage". Of course, as you say, white/white is very beneficial in the land of 6-month summers.
Dogzilla is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
JK Dubai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 68
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogzilla View Post
It looks similar, Slim....but it's called "Rubitrux". A guy (Reggie) builds em in Boone NC. He has a good website.
It's not as expensive as the Brute, but he CAN make these more Brutish. I'll try to get more pics of mine....I keep forgetting to do it when the light is good.

Pato....I'd love to see a pic of the white/white one. And....if any of you guys see a white/white 2 dr, I'd really preciate seeing that one too. I'm afraid I'm destined for that one, unless I really find some serious "leverage". Of course, as you say, white/white is very beneficial in the land of 6-month summers.
Is there a chance that i make my jk to look like that ? its really cool, and more comfortable than the bikini top.
to me its just the bikini top but in a hardtop version : ) .
JK Dubai is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
Dogzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Coastal NC
Posts: 930
I understand there may be some plans in the works for Jeep to make a truck out of the JK, but right now, I don't know of anyone who could/does do it. Sorry.
Dogzilla is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
SLIM_SNOOPY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 390
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Dubai View Post
Is there a chance that i make my jk to look like that ? its really cool, and more comfortable than the bikini top.
to me its just the bikini top but in a hardtop version : ) .
.: Avenger Superchargers :.

Want a Jeep JK Pickup? | Editorials Blog & Opinions at Four Wheeler Magazine


SLIM
__________________
SLIM_SNOOPY is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #27
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Atlanta now...NC born/raised
Posts: 289
Why is that called a Rubitrux? DIY name for DIY Jeep? Looks like it was a Sport and not a Rubicon, no hood decal

sircody is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 remote Door Lock Question Sahara GT JK Tech Forum 20 02-15-2011 06:22 PM
2011 question on tops flharleycop JK General Discussion Forum 22 01-26-2011 05:13 PM
2011 Unlimited Sunrider Question jb3rry JK General Discussion Forum 11 12-02-2010 03:58 PM
2011 Pricing and Media Center Question tccox JK General Discussion Forum 10 11-14-2010 08:19 PM
shifting question on 2011 wrangler smoke JK General Discussion Forum 8 10-18-2010 09:58 PM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC