Questions over cover seats and best brands helps - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-28-2014, 07:16 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
YR08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 25
Questions over cover seats and best brands helps

I have a 2008 jeep wrangler rubicon, and have the cloth seats they are in great shape but I want to protect them from getting stained or damage, I'm a clean freak and don't want to risk it. I tried ordering some and it was a pain in the butt to installed them and didn't really fit good on the back seats therefore I took them off, I found some that seems like they would fit good, but I'm scared to order them and for them to fit too big or like the ones from last time this are bit more expensive close to 300 and I don't want to waste my money on something that I might not like they are "custom neoprene"any ideas or brands that anybody has tried ?? Or that can recommend? This are the ones I've been thinking to get but I'm not to sure if they would be good
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3959356608.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	1038665   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2068327495.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	1038673  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2516282239.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	1038681  

YR08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-28-2014, 09:32 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Cheech33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 161
Go on quadratec and look at coverking. I just got mine in neoprene but there's many options. And I think now there's a sale buy the front row get the back row free. They are tight as hell but that's good since they cover the entire seat I love how they look. I'm also a clean freak btw.

Cheech33 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-28-2014, 09:40 AM   #3
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
UgaTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 998
Images: 9
Coverings look good but are junk, that's why they are so cheap. The stitching literally ripped while I was installing them. If you want quality go with "trek armor".

Check out this thread
Trek armor

If you want to see some other options check out this thread
What seat covers do you have?

Here is another major seat cover thread. Read up and you will have tons of choices.
Seat Cover Options - What are you running?
__________________
2013 JKUR BLACK
UgaTyler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
JeepHerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,839
Images: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by UgaTyler View Post
Coverings look good but are junk, that's why they are so cheap. The stitching literally ripped while I was installing them. If you want quality go with "trek armor".

Check out this thread
Trek armor

If you want to see some other options check out this thread
What seat covers do you have?

Here is another major seat cover thread. Read up and you will have tons of choices.
Seat Cover Options - What are you running?
Nice thread linking UGA.
X2 on the Trek. They do offer a fade guarantee. Save your money and get the good stuff.
Which is not Smittybuilt. This pic is of my rear seat/cover. The holes for the headrests were never properly aligned as you can see. Not a big deal, but it would've been nice if I ever received the correct headrest covers, which I did not. And that's not dirt- that's fade. I do have my top off 80% of the time- but my JK is garaged, and this was less than a year after install. My fronts are in much better condition but have been protected by a Spidershade.
JeepHerz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-28-2014, 06:13 PM   #5
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
RB-10rubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Princeton area in new jersey
Posts: 1,664
Trek armor .call mitch and talk to him .real nice guy .the seats covers are top quality
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-956505156.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	1040545  
RB-10rubicon is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-28-2014, 06:19 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
JeepHerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,839
Images: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB-10rubicon View Post
Trek armor .call mitch and talk to him .real nice guy .the seats covers are top quality
I like the grey on grey.
JeepHerz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-28-2014, 06:33 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 83
I just ordered & installed a set of Coverking neoprene covers from Quadratec for my 08' JKUR. I don't know what your budget range is for them - I personally wasn't looking to spend too much. Quadratec has a deal on the Coverkings, Rears are FREE with the purchase of the fronts. With a 10% off coupon & free shipping, I paid ~$152 for ALL 4 seats. Fit is excellent & quality seems to be pretty good too. I am happy with them, especially at approx 1/3 the price of most of the other brands.
__________________
2008 Stone White JKUR - 2.5" TF Coils - Rancho 9000XL Shocks - 35" GY MTR/Ks - Rampage Stubby front - XRC flat flares - work in progress
toofewbullets is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-28-2014, 07:49 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
YR08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 25
Thank you all for the advice it helps a lot to hear different opinions, I'm going to look into it and search on the options y'all offered me, I don't want to be cheap I want something in reasonable prize that will last me a while and will also look good, the first ones I ordered were trash I hated them so I took them off, and now I'm searching for something that will look good and be worth the money invested. Thank y'all for the help 😬👍👌
YR08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 12:17 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
FloridaFeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Southwest Florida
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofewbullets View Post
I just ordered & installed a set of Coverking neoprene covers from Quadratec for my 08' JKUR. I don't know what your budget range is for them - I personally wasn't looking to spend too much. Quadratec has a deal on the Coverkings, Rears are FREE with the purchase of the fronts. With a 10% off coupon & free shipping, I paid ~$152 for ALL 4 seats. Fit is excellent & quality seems to be pretty good too. I am happy with them, especially at approx 1/3 the price of most of the other brands.
Care to share the 10% off code?
FloridaFeMan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 02:48 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Maine JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Maine
Posts: 31
I fretted over wheather to spend the money on Trek Armor and I was not disappointed, spend the money once...
Maine JK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 02:51 PM   #11
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
lee indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 5,276
i love my cabelas trail gears. its a universal but at 20$ each i F em up and buy new ones
__________________



LeeIndy's Build Thread
lee indy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 04:49 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
gapeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 116
I ordered Wet Okole seat covers. They were supposed to be here today, but because of the storms, rescheduled to tomorrow, I have a feeling it will be Thursday or Friday because GA is supposed to have more storms tonight. Haven't received them yet so I don't know how good they are. They better be good though because I paid $600.
__________________
2011 JKU Sport: far from stock
2014 JKU Sport S: stock
gapeach is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 07:58 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
YR08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapeach View Post
I ordered Wet Okole seat covers. They were supposed to be here today, but because of the storms, rescheduled to tomorrow, I have a feeling it will be Thursday or Friday because GA is supposed to have more storms tonight. Haven't received them yet so I don't know how good they are. They better be good though because I paid $600.


Let me know how they work when you get them, because I considerate getting those but I wasn't sure that's why I decided to ask before buying anything
YR08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 07:59 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
YR08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine JK View Post
I fretted over wheather to spend the money on Trek Armor and I was not disappointed, spend the money once...
That's what most people have told me to get trek armor because they are very good quality, I want to get the whole package front and back seats do they have deals like that
YR08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
YR08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee indy View Post
i love my cabelas trail gears. its a universal but at 20$ each i F em up and buy new ones
.

I had some universal ones but I couldn't fix the back seat they were too big so I took them off. And they ripped as well, I don't mind spending the money but I want something good
YR08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #16
HOUND

WF Supporting Member
 
bills1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Delray Beach, FL
Posts: 473
Hands down Trek Armor.
__________________
bills1974 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 08:27 PM   #17
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Bonecollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Conroe, Texas
Posts: 699
CARHARTT® SEATSAVER® SEAT COVERS

These Carhart seat savers are made with that same heavy canvas duck material that carhart overalls are made of. They are double heavy seam stitched and are in all of our super duty work trucks. Ordered a set for my wifes jeep for wheeling. They are made for specific seats and Jeeps are covered. Tough as nails about $95.00 per seat and worth it. Gravel gray and brown duck are your only color choices. Check them out if you are looking for tough stuff. And they have the Carhart Logo.
Bonecollector is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #18
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Bonecollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Conroe, Texas
Posts: 699
By the way covercraft same company also makes seat heaters for those wintery days and nights
Bonecollector is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 08:31 PM   #19
_3m
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
_3m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 2,771
I have the wet okole and I love them, well designed, well made and a great fit.
__________________
Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how you dance in the rain
_3m is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 08:33 PM   #20
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 12
I ordered mine from Marathon Seat Covers. They have several colors and camo. Great fit, durable and waterproof. Shipping took longer than expected, but it was worth the wait. I had great communications with them. Marathon Seat Covers, since 1978, is your home for high quality custom waterproof seat covers. | Marathon Seat Covers
inspmark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 09:49 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
brandon-99tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 737
I bit the bullet on the Trek Armors for my TJ and they were worth every penny. They fit great. Actually, yesterday my sister asked me when I got new seats. She had no idea they were just covers. You wont regret it!
brandon-99tj is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 10:43 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
YR08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon-99tj View Post
I bit the bullet on the Trek Armors for my TJ and they were worth every penny. They fit great. Actually, yesterday my sister asked me when I got new seats. She had no idea they were just covers. You wont regret it!
Awesome I just decided I'm going to go for that brand and order them sometime this week I'm excited about it, they look really good on the photos I've seen and also on the reviews so my mind is set up 😋 thank you all for the help
YR08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 10:48 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
Swick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by YR08 View Post
I have a 2008 jeep wrangler rubicon, and have the cloth seats they are in great shape but I want to protect them from getting stained or damage, I'm a clean freak and don't want to risk it. I tried ordering some and it was a pain in the butt to installed them and didn't really fit good on the back seats therefore I took them off, I found some that seems like they would fit good, but I'm scared to order them and for them to fit too big or like the ones from last time this are bit more expensive close to 300 and I don't want to waste my money on something that I might not like they are "custom neoprene"any ideas or brands that anybody has tried ?? Or that can recommend? This are the ones I've been thinking to get but I'm not to sure if they would be good
I just ordered these and they should be here Thursday if you would like to wait and see about fit and what not it will take photos and let you know when they arrive.
Swick is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 10:49 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
YR08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecollector View Post
CARHARTT® SEATSAVER® SEAT COVERS These Carhart seat savers are made with that same heavy canvas duck material that carhart overalls are made of. They are double heavy seam stitched and are in all of our super duty work trucks. Ordered a set for my wifes jeep for wheeling. They are made for specific seats and Jeeps are covered. Tough as nails about $95.00 per seat and worth it. Gravel gray and brown duck are your only color choices. Check them out if you are looking for tough stuff. And they have the Carhart Logo.

Thank you very much I will take a look at those too and see what I decide so far trek armor seems like my best option but I'm open to try anything that lasts long and looks good
YR08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-29-2014, 10:52 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
YR08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by _3m View Post
I have the wet okole and I love them, well designed, well made and a great fit.
Thank you I saw them too and that's why I've been soo confused and wanted an opinion before ordering anything
YR08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 10:45 AM   #26
Jeeper
 
gapeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 116
Just got my Wet Okoles in. I haven't installed them yet. I like the material, they seem to be made well, the order was correct. Not sure how they fit yet. They came with a free bottle of UV protectant too.
__________________
2011 JKU Sport: far from stock
2014 JKU Sport S: stock
gapeach is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 04:09 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
JJH79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Frankfort, IL
Posts: 133
Anyone here have Iggee's? I'd really like to get some Trek Armor's but unfortunately they don't support seats with airbags. I was thinking about going with the Iggee synthetic leather. They're an easier sell to the wife than Katzkins.
JJH79 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
YR08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapeach View Post
Just got my Wet Okoles in. I haven't installed them yet. I like the material, they seem to be made well, the order was correct. Not sure how they fit yet. They came with a free bottle of UV protectant too.
Awesome let me know how they look when you install them, post a photo if you can I heard those are good too.
YR08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
YR08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH79 View Post
Anyone here have Iggee's? I'd really like to get some Trek Armor's but unfortunately they don't support seats with airbags. I was thinking about going with the Iggee synthetic leather. They're an easier sell to the wife than Katzkins.
I saw that too that it doesn't support seats with air bags so now I'm debating once again :/
YR08 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-01-2014, 12:34 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 83
Coverking neos work with airbags

__________________
2008 Stone White JKUR - 2.5" TF Coils - Rancho 9000XL Shocks - 35" GY MTR/Ks - Rampage Stubby front - XRC flat flares - work in progress
toofewbullets is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.



Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC