Rancho 3" Sport Lift - Page 7 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #181
Newb
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep757 View Post
Looks great. How much lift did you end up with? any extra weight(bumpers etc)? I'm considering this lift for my stock 08 JKU
I got exactly 3" in the front. I'm not sure on the rear as I forgot to take initial measurements, but the factory rake is gone. I have a rugged ridge xhd front bumper with a winch. In the rear I have an aftermarket bumper with a tire carrier and the 35 tire. So I obviously have a little extra weight.

onyrd79 is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #182
Jeeper
 
J33P4M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 151
I'd buy it today if I could maintain the factory rake of my 10A. I absolutely HATE the look of jeeps that are nose high. There's a reason why they are nose low from the factory (other than it looks cool).

J33P4M3 is offline   Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:16 AM   #183
Newb
 
biggie332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetraveller View Post
FYI,
You can get the Rancho 3" sport kit without the shocks from Amazon.com for $515 with free shipping. That's only $215 after the $300 rebate. You have to buy the shocks at the same time to qualify for the rebate. It adds up to $891 to buy the lift and shocks from Amazon, then with the rebate, you are down to $591 shipped.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Rancho RS66106B Suspension System
I just bought this a couple of days ago. I know this post is old but they brought back the same deal rebate wise. I ended up getting the Rancho 3in sport with the 9000 rancho shocks and I purchased the rough country adjustable flex control arm set- I read a bunch of great reviews about them. Im really excited to get home and put it all on
biggie332 is offline   Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:50 AM   #184
Jeeper
 
jmachnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Durham CT
Posts: 48
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie332 View Post
I just bought this a couple of days ago. I know this post is old but they brought back the same deal rebate wise. I ended up getting the Rancho 3in sport with the 9000 rancho shocks and I purchased the rough country adjustable flex control arm set- I read a bunch of great reviews about them. Im really excited to get home and put it all on
I've been running this kit for a year now. I think I lost a little from the spring settling but still couldn't be happier with it. I've since replaced the AEV drop brackets with RK front LCAs. I also got mine from amazon with the 9000xl's. Still rides awesome. I also added a steel front bumper and winch so probably lost close to an inch in the front. No complaints tho.

One thing, make sure u use the correct, larger sleeved upper track bar bolt, on the frame side. I ovalized the hole and no matter how much you tighten, it still affects your front driveline (wheel shimmy, loose feeling over bumps) I just put on the Synergy upper track bar support bracket and it's like night and day now. So solid. Love it. Factory mount is way too weak.
Also bought the rough country stabilizer relocation bracket. Another good purchase, for little money.

Anyways... Congrats! You're gonna love it.
jmachnik is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #185
Jeeper
 
Edge1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 149
jmachnik - thanks for the update after having it installed for a year.

Any others having different results?

Did the OP get this kit, and if not, what did ya go with?

Did anyone with the Rancho 3" Sport lift install it after having the Rancho 2" Sport lift and is it worth it? I was leaning towards the Rancho 2" Sport lift, but may just have to go this route instead...
Edge1912 is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #186
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Rancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,504
Talking

If you are thinking about a 3" (from anyone) do that, and don't do it twice. That is my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge1912 View Post
jmachnik - thanks for the update after having it installed for a year.

Any others having different results?

Did the OP get this kit, and if not, what did ya go with?

Did anyone with the Rancho 3" Sport lift install it after having the Rancho 2" Sport lift and is it worth it? I was leaning towards the Rancho 2" Sport lift, but may just have to go this route instead...
__________________

Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ranchosuspension
Rancho is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:24 PM   #187
Jeeper
 
Edge1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho View Post
If you are thinking about a 3" (from anyone) do that, and don't do it twice. That is my opinion.
You know it is your fault I am even considering this, don't you!

I was all happy with the idea of the 2" sport kit until I started PM'ing you... You just HAD to point me in this direction, didn't ya...
Edge1912 is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:49 AM   #188
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Rancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,504
Talking

Ha!!! Don't PM KJjeeper, he will put even MORE thoughts in your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge1912 View Post
You know it is your fault I am even considering this, don't you!

I was all happy with the idea of the 2" sport kit until I started PM'ing you... You just HAD to point me in this direction, didn't ya...
__________________

Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ranchosuspension
Rancho is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #189
Jeeper
 
jasunto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 119
I'm thinking about getting the RS66107, will the front and rear adjustable upper control arms be worth it? Do you sell the front and rear lower ones that can be swapped in later? Also Can you confirm I won't need a longer drive shaft, just the exhaust mod part. The reason I was looking at this is I want my geometry to be right and Alignment able to be set back to spec and I'm reading control arm adjustments are need to get the axle back into the center of the wheel wells because the lift shortens the wheelbase. I have a 2015 JKUR, will my electronic sway bar disconnect still function?

2014 - 2007 Jeep Wrangler JK 2/4 Door - 3-in. Trail System - Jeep - Suspension Systems - Rancho® Performance Products
jasunto is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 04:18 PM   #190
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 43,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasunto View Post
I'm thinking about getting the RS66107, will the front and rear adjustable upper control arms be worth it? Do you sell the front and rear lower ones that can be swapped in later? Also Can you confirm I won't need a longer drive shaft, just the exhaust mod part. The reason I was looking at this is I want my geometry to be right and Alignment able to be set back to spec and I'm reading control arm adjustments are need to get the axle back into the center of the wheel wells because the lift shortens the wheelbase. I have a 2015 JKUR, will my electronic sway bar disconnect still function? 2014 - 2007 Jeep Wrangler JK 2/4 Door - 3-in. Trail System - Jeep - Suspension Systems - Rancho® Performance Products
You need at least uppers to set front caster angle and rear pinion angle. You do not need driveshafts.
The links provided are for the front swaybar. As long as the swaybar is level .. The motor will function normally.

You can add lower arms later. Having both allows centering the axles in the wheel wells and caster/pinion angles.
__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR-Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils-custom length X-Factor arms-Teraflex-Synergy steering-Rancho 5000X shocks-Adams front DS.
My 2007 2 Door Build
General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here
Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #191
Jeeper
 
jasunto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
You need at least uppers to set front caster angle and rear pinion angle. You do not need driveshafts. The links provided are for the front swaybar. As long as the swaybar is level .. The motor will function normally. You can add lower arms later. Having both allows centering the axles in the wheel wells and caster/pinion angles.
Good info, thanks. I did find a thread about trail version. I don't see any control arms on Rancho site. Would ones from
Another vendor work? I would like to be 100% geometrically correct from the beginning. Prefer this over cost.
jasunto is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 04:35 PM   #192
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 43,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasunto View Post
Good info, thanks. I did find a thread about trail version. I don't see any control arms on Rancho site. Would ones from Another vendor work? I would like to be 100% geometrically correct from the beginning. Prefer this over cost.
You mean lowers ? Iirc Rancho sells all 8 together .. Could be wrong.

The geometry will be fine with just uppers. Caster /pinion being the most important.
To answer the question .. Yes. Almost any arm will work. Synergy and Currie, I know for sure. Just need to verify the arms are stock in length with +/- 3/4"- 1" in adjustment.
__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR-Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils-custom length X-Factor arms-Teraflex-Synergy steering-Rancho 5000X shocks-Adams front DS.
My 2007 2 Door Build
General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here
Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:26 AM   #193
Jeeper
 
jasunto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 119
kind of weird how the 4 arm kit from teraflex has front lowers and rear uppers. All vendors tend to do things differently.
jasunto is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:51 PM   #194
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
NickGraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 147
Are you guys still happy with this lift? Rebate is back in action and this is right at the top of my mod list!
Thanks!
Nick
NickGraz is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:18 PM   #195
Jeeper
 
tontwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 169
I've been pretty happy def got more then 3" on my jk it rides well def different then stock... I got the drop brackets... I like it but it will reduce mpgs
tontwins is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #196
Jeeper
 
jmachnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Durham CT
Posts: 48
Yes. I'm still very happy with mine. Been a few years now and no issues. My springs did sag a bit since but not terrible. I've also added a lot of weight so that's part of it. Rs9000xl shocks got a bit rusty, mainly due to break lines rubbing against. But overall for the price after the rebate you can't beat it. I have added a lot of other stuff since tho. I'm thinking of getting the Rancho upper control arm kit. I've got RK front LCAs now. Rear end centering is off by about a half inch, likely due to spring sag. Not a huge deal tho. I'd say definitely go for it.
jmachnik is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:09 PM   #197
Jeeper
 
tontwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 169
Is this normal? I know there was a few trackbars that were to long...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0327151332-1_1427576842231.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	2041441   Click image for larger version

Name:	0327151332a-1_1427576902303.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	2041457  

tontwins is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:26 PM   #198
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
NickGraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by tontwins View Post
Is this normal? I know there was a few trackbars that were to long...
looks wonky to me... Did you reach out to rancho? They've been very responsive to my quetiins
NickGraz is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:20 PM   #199
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
NickGraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 147
I just ordered this one this morning so I can get in on the "magic #6" rebate
I can't wait to get it installed!!!
NickGraz is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:34 AM   #200
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
NickGraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 147
Got the 3" lift installed, and got exactly 3" if lift. It sure does make my duratrac 33x12.50-15s look a little small though!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3588610124.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	2336705  
NickGraz is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:38 AM   #201
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Rancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,504
Love it. Thanks for sending them over on FB too. Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickGraz View Post
Got the 3" lift installed, and got exactly 3" if lift. It sure does make my duratrac 33x12.50-15s look a little small though!
__________________

Follow us on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/ranchosuspension
Rancho is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:02 AM   #202
Jeeper
 
Reidmi75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickGraz View Post
Got the 3" lift installed, and got exactly 3" if lift. It sure does make my duratrac 33x12.50-15s look a little small though!
I think your jeep looks awesome. I don't like the "stuffed" look. I do like big tires, but I like a Jeep to have that look that it can do some serious flexing too.
Reidmi75 is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 12:04 AM   #203
Jeeper
 
tontwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 169
Looks good
tontwins is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:28 PM   #204
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
NickGraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidmi75 View Post
I think your jeep looks awesome. I don't like the "stuffed" look. I do like big tires, but I like a Jeep to have that look that it can do some serious flexing too.
I appreciate it, thanks!
NickGraz is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:30 PM   #205
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
NickGraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by tontwins View Post
Looks good
thanks! I've also noticed some improvement while cornering on road. Not as much body roll, and it just feels more stable! I've got the 9000's at 3 all around, and it definitely feels better than stock. I'll try to fine tune the settings but it feels pretty damn good right where it is!

NickGraz is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC