Read This BEFORE buying a 2012 Wrangler -QC - Page 3 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #61
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 160
Piper & JKristie, thanks for the wisdom. I've been building drag and autocross cars for 15 years as a weekend hobby; I'm more than capable of utilizing touch-up paint and re-aligning doors. The point, as many others have stated is that for over 30g's, I want that sh#t done from the factory correctly (i.e. why I bought a 'new' Jeep). I have a career and a life, and don't have time to lay in the driveway working on my truck to complete repairs on it before it's first oil change, because some company and it's lazy union workers are too inept to do their job correctly the first time. While it's 'cool' and makes you feel good to jump on the forum and tell everyone "It's a Jeep, they all do that", not everyone navigates life that way. If sub-par quality in life is acceptable to you, great; to those of us who appreciate quality and set our sights high in life, that's our deal. I never asked for any comments or how-to's (I do however appreciate the many nice comments and empathy from the crew on here). No hard feelings, just wanted to shed some light on the other side's perspective.

This post was intended to alert prospective Wrangler buyers about the reality of Chrysler's quality and the potential problems they may encounter with their new Wrangler. You know, the ones that the flashy new commercials forget to mention.

Rich331MX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #62
Jeeper
 
Arena Motor Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The MD ghetto
Posts: 529
I had my roof leak onto my center console and radio, the doors had to be "man-handled" and it didn't look like any of the seals lined up... so you know what I did? Took the Freedom panels off and then put them back on carefully. PROBLEM SOLVED! You just have to be very particular to how you line and latch the top together.

__________________
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Bright White\ 6 speed
Infinity Sound System
And some other stuff...The LED PreRunner

Arena Motor Dude is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #63
Jeeper
 
Vyper340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich331mx View Post
piper & jkristie, thanks for the wisdom. I've been building drag and autocross cars for 15 years as a weekend hobby; i'm more than capable of utilizing touch-up paint and re-aligning doors. The point, as many others have stated is that for over 30g's, i want that sh#t done from the factory correctly (i.e. Why i bought a 'new' jeep). I have a career and a life, and don't have time to lay in the driveway working on my truck to complete repairs on it before it's first oil change, because some company and it's lazy union workers are too inept to do their job correctly the first time. While it's 'cool' and makes you feel good to jump on the forum and tell everyone "it's a jeep, they all do that", not everyone navigates life that way. If sub-par quality in life is acceptable to you, great; to those of us who appreciate quality and set our sights high in life, that's our deal. I never asked for any comments or how-to's (i do however appreciate the many nice comments and empathy from the crew on here). No hard feelings, just wanted to shed some light on the other side's perspective.

This post was intended to alert prospective wrangler buyers about the reality of chrysler's quality and the potential problems they may encounter with their new wrangler. You know, the ones that the flashy new commercials forget to mention.
+1
__________________
Current Land Toy's:
2012 Rubi Unlimited
2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Hemi
2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo - 620hp - Foe Sale
Vyper340 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #64
Jeeper
 
Vyper340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich331MX View Post
Piper & JKristie, thanks for the wisdom. I've been building drag and autocross cars for 15 years as a weekend hobby; I'm more than capable of utilizing touch-up paint and re-aligning doors. The point, as many others have stated is that for over 30g's, I want that sh#t done from the factory correctly (i.e. why I bought a 'new' Jeep). I have a career and a life, and don't have time to lay in the driveway working on my truck to complete repairs on it before it's first oil change, because some company and it's lazy union workers are too inept to do their job correctly the first time. While it's 'cool' and makes you feel good to jump on the forum and tell everyone "It's a Jeep, they all do that", not everyone navigates life that way. If sub-par quality in life is acceptable to you, great; to those of us who appreciate quality and set our sights high in life, that's our deal. I never asked for any comments or how-to's (I do however appreciate the many nice comments and empathy from the crew on here). No hard feelings, just wanted to shed some light on the other side's perspective.

This post was intended to alert prospective Wrangler buyers about the reality of Chrysler's quality and the potential problems they may encounter with their new Wrangler. You know, the ones that the flashy new commercials forget to mention.
+1
__________________
Current Land Toy's:
2012 Rubi Unlimited
2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Hemi
2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo - 620hp - Foe Sale
Vyper340 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #65
..shall not be infringed!

WF Supporting Member
 
Up Hill Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Up the hill, CA Northcoast
Posts: 4,293
Hey Rich,

Your experience is a real bummer!!! You were right in there in the early ordering excitement and really paid your dues in thorough research and the patience to wait for the 2012s to be built. You deserve MUCH better, bud.

Fenders are attached after body painting, so overspray on your fenders is a dead give away that your Jeep suffered some kind of post-assembly attempts to repair damage. Could have been the factory, the transport companies along the way. Sure shouldn't have made it through the extra QC early builds were supposed to go through. . I think Chrysler owes you a new Jeep and an apology. My experience has been all positive so far, but my sympathy for your misfortune takes a bit away from it.

I hope you pursue, and get, satisfaction from both your dealer and Chrysler!
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Sahara Tan
Auto
3.73


Up Hill Bill
Up Hill Bill is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #66
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,916
I'm sure you've got your heat and soul in this post, but


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich331MX View Post
Piper & JKristie, thanks for the wisdom. I've been building drag and autocross cars for 15 years as a weekend hobby; I'm more than capable of utilizing touch-up paint and re-aligning doors. The point, as many others have stated is that for over 30g's, I want that sh#t done from the factory correctly (i.e. why I bought a 'new' Jeep). I have a career and a life, and don't have time to lay in the driveway working on my truck to complete repairs on it before it's first oil change, because some company and it's lazy union workers are too inept to do their job correctly the first time. While it's 'cool' and makes you feel good to jump on the forum and tell everyone "It's a Jeep, they all do that", not everyone navigates life that way. If sub-par quality in life is acceptable to you, great; to those of us who appreciate quality and set our sights high in life, that's our deal. I never asked for any comments or how-to's (I do however appreciate the many nice comments and empathy from the crew on here). No hard feelings, just wanted to shed some light on the other side's perspective.

This post was intended to alert prospective Wrangler buyers about the reality of Chrysler's quality and the potential problems they may encounter with their new Wrangler. You know, the ones that the flashy new commercials forget to mention.
I don't wanna burst your bubble--really, but this 2012 JK/JKU/JKUR, other than the new engine/tranny combo is relatively IDENTICAL to what Chryslers been producing for almost 5-YEARS--

You have not said anything new !

The only major savior will be the, probably non-existant auto tranny over heating----everything else is the same----5 YEARS--

So don't feel like your a great white hope !

JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #67
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill View Post
Hey Rich,

Your experience is a real bummer!!! You were right in there in the early ordering excitement and really paid your dues in thorough research and the patience to wait for the 2012s to be built. You deserve MUCH better, bud.

Fenders are attached after body painting, so overspray on your fenders is a dead give away that your Jeep suffered some kind of post-assembly attempts to repair damage. Could have been the factory, the transport companies along the way. Sure shouldn't have made it through the extra QC early builds were supposed to go through. . I think Chrysler owes you a new Jeep and an apology. My experience has been all positive so far, but my sympathy for your misfortune takes a bit away from it.

I hope you pursue, and get, satisfaction from both your dealer and Chrysler!
Hey Bill, thanks man! I hope you (and your JK) have been doing well! I appreciate the words of encouragement. The paint 'junk' and overspray was actually on the body and beneath the hood (above fender), but not on the fenders themselves. It was damaged, just not carefully done the first time (unfortunately). Keep on wheelin' out there in CA, and enjoy all that land you have to play on!

Vyper340, right back at ya brotha; here's to aiming high.

Jimbox, that was the point. That it's the same BS 5 years later. Pledges to 'quality' and redefining the word are just slick advertising. Now newbs know it's still the case.
Rich331MX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-19-2011, 12:35 AM   #68
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich331MX View Post
This post was intended to alert prospective Wrangler buyers about the reality of Chrysler's quality and the potential problems they may encounter with their new Wrangler. You know, the ones that the flashy new commercials forget to mention.
But on the flipside, I have had absolutely no problems with my Jeep (2010 2 door manual). No complaints either, the thing is a beast which will take anything I throw at it. It's sat outside through flood-causing rains with both the hardtop and soft top on, and the worst I've seen inside was a few drops when you open the door.

While I agree that you shouldn't expect or accept that level of build quality, the point of my post is to alert prospective Wrangler buyers about the reality of Chrysler's quality and the potential fun and awesomeness they may encounter with their new Wrangler. You know, the ones that the flashy new commercials mention.

This will happen with every make or model of car you can buy. My father in law just dropped $120,000 on a new Range Rover. Out of the 6 months he's owned it, it has spent 2 months intermittently in and out of the dealership while they try and figure out why it randomly refuses to start, or cuts out while driving. I will admit I take some satisfaction parking my muddy black Jeep next to his pristine black Range Rover and mentioning off-handedly how reliable the Jeep is.
chrisojk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-19-2011, 01:31 AM   #69
Jeeper
 
MikeMTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: If only I knew....
Posts: 2,113
Send a message via AIM to MikeMTJ
This thread is a real bummer.
MikeMTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-19-2011, 01:56 AM   #70
Jeeper
 
Militaryman4455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Originally from GA, Stationed in MD
Posts: 433
This brought the lols... It sucks that you got a shitty jeep man. I would try to get it replaced under lemon law or atleast start getting some stuff documented/ fixed before you get the bug and start modding it. I can tell you from experience. Once you get oversized tires, most dealers wont touch it under warranty... The funny part is hearing all these people say how hard the tops are to get off and all that stuff. I take mine off by myself and leave it in the dirt for a couple days till Im ready to put it back on. But then again, I also wash the inside of mine out with a water hose.

Happy Jeeping! Dont forget to wave 2012 guys!
__________________
2010 JK Sport
ELEMENT OFFROAD
Mod...Wheel...Break...Repeat
Μολὼν λαβέ
Militaryman4455 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 07:23 AM   #71
Jeeper
 
jkristie44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Places Unknown
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich331MX View Post
Piper & JKristie, thanks for the wisdom. I've been building drag and autocross cars for 15 years as a weekend hobby; I'm more than capable of utilizing touch-up paint and re-aligning doors. The point, as many others have stated is that for over 30g's, I want that sh#t done from the factory correctly (i.e. why I bought a 'new' Jeep). I have a career and a life, and don't have time to lay in the driveway working on my truck to complete repairs on it before it's first oil change, because some company and it's lazy union workers are too inept to do their job correctly the first time. While it's 'cool' and makes you feel good to jump on the forum and tell everyone "It's a Jeep, they all do that", not everyone navigates life that way. If sub-par quality in life is acceptable to you, great; to those of us who appreciate quality and set our sights high in life, that's our deal. I never asked for any comments or how-to's (I do however appreciate the many nice comments and empathy from the crew on here). No hard feelings, just wanted to shed some light on the other side's perspective.

This post was intended to alert prospective Wrangler buyers about the reality of Chrysler's quality and the potential problems they may encounter with their new Wrangler. You know, the ones that the flashy new commercials forget to mention.
I get it now. Your intent was to come on to a jeep forum and bash jeeps so that other potental buyers won't buy one. You should seriously consider trading it in and go buy a Toyota. You know, one of those FJ things. I hear the gas pedel doesn't stick any more.

It's a Jeep. It will never be perfect. You should have done some reseach before buying it, or never taken it off the lot if you are so butt hurt about the problems. This is the reason why dealers get flooded with used JKU's, but hey, they do fit alot of soccer balls in them.

I am still lol'ing about the tow hooks.
__________________
Jeep Asylum
jkristie44 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 08:13 AM   #72
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,575
Images: 13
Every new model of vehicle on the road has problems. But "It's a Jeep" isn't an excuse for poor quaility.

I understand that they will leak at some point, and most people can fix the leaks on their own. It is a hassle...but it has less to do with Jeep quaility...and more to do with owning a vehicle with removable panels on the room that can also be swapped for a soft top. But outside of that, I expect a certain amount of "build quality" for vehicle that will run cost me roughly $35,000 before tax, title, and license. Of course I could be jaded from owning other Chrysler products in the past.....
panthermark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 08:21 AM   #73
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 83
Here's the real question....if every car manufacturer built the JK, with their own QC measures, own power plants and drivetrains, but they were all close to identical as this allowed, I.e. No FJ Cruiser as a "Jeep".......would ANY of you still buy from Chrysler??? I know I wouldn't!!!

I am happy with my 12.....I am impressed with most everything about it......but it is the ONLY Chrysler vehicle I would EVER buy!!!
Jared1956 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #74
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared1956 View Post
Here's the real question....if every car manufacturer built the JK, with their own QC measures, own power plants and drivetrains, but they were all close to identical as this allowed, I.e. No FJ Cruiser as a "Jeep".......would ANY of you still buy from Chrysler??? I know I wouldn't!!!
No, I definitely wouldn't. I'd prolly be wheeling in a Honda JK. I'm sure people will laugh, but I've had great quality and reliability experiences with all the Hondas I've owned.
bdizz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #75
Jeeper
 
ShoreWrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
Posts: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdizz View Post
No, I definitely wouldn't. I'd prolly be wheeling in a Honda JK. I'm sure people will laugh, but I've had great quality and reliability experiences with all the Hondas I've owned.
Ain't that the truth. Our '99 Civic just crossed 205,000 miles, no major problems. My old Accord had 279,000 miles when it finally passed the point of no return.

Problem is there is only one Jeep, and if you want a Jeep, you're gonna get a Jeep. Not a Honda Element, not a Toyota FJ, not a Hummer. We buy Jeeps knowing that unfortunately their quality is not up there with Honda and Toyota. We accept some flaws and quality issues that we should not have to in a vehicle that tops out close to $40 grand. But face it, we don't have a choice. We love our Jeeps, flaws and all...
ShoreWrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #76
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,575
Images: 13
^ That is how I see it...
I simply LOVE my 98 Acura....
I can't stand the build quality of my 2006 Liberty...
But I "want" a Wrangler...

If the Wrangler was made by Honda...I would gladly pay the price for it and worry....but being that Chrysler is involved...I really am concerned about what my 37 grand will get me..... Oh well... All I can do is hope I don't get a Monday/Friday one....
panthermark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #77
Jeeper
 
sneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
Alot of your complaints are fixable by you. Get the tranny looked at though.

It has been said. It's a jeep. Even 40 whatever thousand dollar rubi's do it too.
I liked the idea of a jeep because I'm a person who likes to mod and customize. But I also like my stuff to work. If I buy a computer and upgrade it and something fizzles, I don't mind spending the time to get it to work again. Same thing with a car. But I think there's a huge difference between buying a $10k beater and planning on spending time working on it, and dropping $40k and having to spend the same time fixing factory issues. I want the time I spend on my jeep being on my time, for my decisions. I don't want to have to spend time on factory mistakes. I rolled my jeep. I dont mind going out and re-bedlining my wheels, and replacing the bumpers. However if I took my jeep home from the dealership and had to spend that time just to make it look factory, I would be pissed.
sneck is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 11:40 AM   #78
..shall not be infringed!

WF Supporting Member
 
Up Hill Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Up the hill, CA Northcoast
Posts: 4,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
I get it now. Your intent was to come on to a jeep forum and bash jeeps so that other potental buyers won't buy one. You should seriously consider trading it in and go buy a Toyota. You know, one of those FJ things. I hear the gas pedel doesn't stick any more.

It's a Jeep. It will never be perfect. You should have done some reseach before buying it, or never taken it off the lot if you are so butt hurt about the problems. This is the reason why dealers get flooded with used JKU's, but hey, they do fit alot of soccer balls in them.

I am still lol'ing about the tow hooks.
You're barking up the wrong tree here, mate. Those of us who participated in the 2012 early order struggle all know Rich, and to say he "should have done some research before buying it" shows that you don't know what you are talking about.

You're attack on Rich will not sit well with many here, including me.
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Sahara Tan
Auto
3.73


Up Hill Bill
Up Hill Bill is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 11:43 AM   #79
Jeeper
 
jkristie44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Places Unknown
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneck View Post
I liked the idea of a jeep because I'm a person who likes to mod and customize. But I also like my stuff to work. If I buy a computer and upgrade it and something fizzles, I don't mind spending the time to get it to work again. Same thing with a car. But I think there's a huge difference between buying a $10k beater and planning on spending time working on it, and dropping $40k and having to spend the same time fixing factory issues. I want the time I spend on my jeep being on my time, for my decisions. I don't want to have to spend time on factory mistakes. I rolled my jeep. I dont mind going out and re-bedlining my wheels, and replacing the bumpers. However if I took my jeep home from the dealership and had to spend that time just to make it look factory, I would be pissed.
Hey, he obliviously Opened the Door (see what I did there....Door issues)and drove it off the lot. If he was sooooooooooooooooooooooo upset about all these issues, do you think he should have took it home?

It's just a meager attempt to bash jeep or try and get jeep to read this and send him something for free. They are not for everybody, and some people get buyers remorse. That's how I see it.

Hell when my wife picked up her 2011, it was raining and the top was leaking. We laughed about it as we drove off. I fixed it at the house, and did just as good of a job or better than the monkies in the service department.
__________________
Jeep Asylum
jkristie44 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #80
Jeeper
 
sneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
Hey, he obliviously Opened the Door (see what I did there....Door issues)and drove it off the lot. If he was sooooooooooooooooooooooo upset about all these issues, do you think he should have took it home?

It's just a meager attempt to bash jeep or try and get jeep to read this and send him something for free. They are not for everybody, and some people get buyers remorse. That's how I see it.

Hell when my wife picked up her 2011, it was raining and the top was leaking. We laughed about it as we drove off. I fixed it at the house, and did just as good of a job or better than the monkies in the service department.
If I was buying an old triumph, yeah I would probably laugh if I drove off the lot and the engine back fired. A brand new wrangler? I would spin around and get one that worked right the first time. Being a "jeep thing" means you dont mind quirks, not that you enjoy having crap that doesnt work from the factory. especially for something as minor as paint and handling. If it was delievared with scratches and shoddy paint, what does that say about the QC on the rest of the jeep? I would never want a brand new vehicle where they could barely manage to paint it right, let alone assemble it. again, if I was buying a beater with plans of spending every weekend under it, I would laugh my ass off about little issues like paint or scratchs. dropping 30k+ from the factory just to realize it wasnt painted or assembled properly? I wouldnt touch it with a stick
sneck is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #81
Jeeper
 
jkristie44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Places Unknown
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneck View Post
If I was buying an old triumph, yeah I would probably laugh if I drove off the lot and the engine back fired. A brand new wrangler? I would spin around and get one that worked right the first time. Being a "jeep thing" means you dont mind quirks, not that you enjoy having crap that doesnt work from the factory. especially for something as minor as paint and handling. If it was delievared with scratches and shoddy paint, what does that say about the QC on the rest of the jeep? I would never want a brand new vehicle where they could barely manage to paint it right, let alone assemble it. again, if I was buying a beater with plans of spending every weekend under it, I would laugh my ass off about little issues like paint or scratchs. dropping 30k+ from the factory just to realize it wasnt painted or assembled properly? I wouldnt touch it with a stick
So you would have not taken that particular jeep home either right?

And for those of you who don't know, the workers smoke pot and drink booze at lunch. They got caught twice in less than a year.

God Bless there is a lot of hate for Jeeps in this place. It is a Chrysler Product. They have never made a perfect one. EVER! It's your choice to buy it. You will not be able to change they way they are made or fix their quality control. Find the perfect one, and I will buy it.
__________________
Jeep Asylum
jkristie44 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #82
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,916
Man, you guys should start a support group, with an "800" number--

Don't bother calling me, I don't qualify--I just bought a JEEP !

JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #83
rotaredoM

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
panthermark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago-land
Posts: 9,575
Images: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
So you would have not taken that particular jeep home either right?

And for those of you who don't know, the workers smoke pot and drink booze at lunch. They got caught twice in less than a year.

God Bless there is a lot of hate for Jeeps in this place. It is a Chrysler Product. They have never made a perfect one. EVER! It's your choice to buy it. You will not be able to change they way they are made or fix their quality control. Find the perfect one, and I will buy it.

I probably would not have....but sometimes you don't catch everything right there because you are in a hurry....or maybe after waiting for 9 weeks...you just say "f*ck it....I'll look tomorrow....I just want to get it home tonight".

I'll make it a point to pick mine up during the day....when the sun is shining. It will probably mean taking a half-day at work...or getting it on a weekend so that I have plenty of time to go over every detail.
panthermark is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #84
Dont forget a Jack strap

WF Supporting Member
 
jkaufman_95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the Road,
Posts: 30,846
my MOTHER wants a jku. I told her the tops leak... She said yeah. So does yours. Its a jeep thing. She gets it! my .02
__________________
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
jkaufman_95 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #85
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Posts: 2,305
If you want a perfect vehicle that's handbuilt by a proud and skilled craftsman you need to be looking for one somewhere else. I agree that there are some things with this particular Jeep that are not acceptable, but most of the things on the list are a nearly a given for this model. Get over it and enjoy the Jeep or don't get over it and trade it for something else. It should have never been driven off the lot.
__________________
2012 Silver Sport S, Silver, 6 speed, soft top, 3.73s, LSD, PCG, Infiniti, deep tint windows, Pro Comp 1028 wheels, 33" Duratracs, Smittybilt bumpers and steps, KC fog lights, Mopar slush mats and fuel door.

Happiness is a belt fed weapon.
oilwell1415 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #86
Jeeper
 
jefferyfghezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SANDUSKY OHIO
Posts: 553
Keep in mind YOU HAVE THE LEMON LAW to fall back on, not that you want to. I bought a 2005 with 37,000 on it so I wouldn't have to feel your pain.
jefferyfghezzi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #87
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
ShaneDiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alamogordo
Posts: 222
This sucks for the OP and I hope you get stuff rectified or you get a new jeep. However aside from a couple of those issues I wouldnt consider any of them a common normal wrangler or even chrysler thing and it wont stop me from getting one. We live in a mass production world and things happen...there are many people that have had no problems...my 2010 was perfect and never even leaked...my dodge neon still going strong a 200k miles only routine maint....of course my toyota hylander has been perfect also....
...on the other hand my co worker just used the lemon law on his new FJ for numerous issues including a bad tranny caused by missing bolts....

My point is the same issues can occur in any modern car..regardless of it being a 2012 or a jeep or by chrysler. Hope your situation gets resolved for you.
__________________
2012 Deep Cherry Red Sport 2Dr 6-speed 3.73, Tow Pkg, Power Grp, Connectivity Grp, Hard Top, Deep Tint - (reordered 9/20 for Gears)
D1 Status 9/23
Built Pending Inspection 10/5
Delivered 10/24

2010 Bright Silver JKU - Sold
ShaneDiddy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #88
Jeeper
 
Vyper340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
I get it now. Your intent was to come on to a jeep forum and bash jeeps so that other potental buyers won't buy one. You should seriously consider trading it in and go buy a Toyota. You know, one of those FJ things. I hear the gas pedel doesn't stick any more.

It's a Jeep. It will never be perfect. You should have done some reseach before buying it, or never taken it off the lot if you are so butt hurt about the problems. This is the reason why dealers get flooded with used JKU's, but hey, they do fit alot of soccer balls in them.

I am still lol'ing about the tow hooks.
Lighten up Francis! He noted issues he had on his post which is what this forum is about. He wasn't seeking perfection but didn't expect pot smoking flunkies to get poor quality by the inspection and QC processes.

Seems with the limited posts you have this might be a case of TROLL activity.

Good luck Rich with getting your JK up to snuff!
__________________
Current Land Toy's:
2012 Rubi Unlimited
2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Hemi
2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo - 620hp - Foe Sale
Vyper340 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 05:35 PM   #89
Jeeper
 
Dogzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Coastal NC
Posts: 929
I have an 11 Wrangler, a Honda, and a Camry. The quality of the Wrangler is every bit as good as the Honda, and better than the Camry. I could not be more pleased with the Jeep!
Dogzilla is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #90
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 91
Just my .02 worth but I agree in general, with all that has been said here. Tho I would ask for someone's definition of "perfect." No such thing in a man/women made world. However, I bet we all have experienced some dissatisfaction with a motor vehicle at one time or another.

Been there with the Hondas -- had a new Pilot that was very very good -- had a new Civic that kept popping out of 2nd gear and they had to put a new trans in it -- 2nd gear syncros were put in backwards at the factory!

Have had three Grand Cher and they all have had some small problem from time to time. My 08 JK was bought used and I have had it to the dealer several times for warrenty work. It happens, is what I would say. As for the new one with over-spray, and other issues the dealer should have caught, it was a sloppy, sloppy PDI . The dealer should be taken to task by Chrysler. JMHO.

skihoser is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who's planning on buying a 2012? Wrangler2012 JK General Discussion Forum 50 09-11-2011 03:08 PM
Buy 2011 Wrangler Sahara or wait for 2012? Oswyn JK General Discussion Forum 23 02-05-2011 01:12 PM
Fellow Ohio Jeepers Help fick15 Ohio Jeep Forum 11 01-19-2010 10:56 PM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC