Rear Bumper update.. - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
willee51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC of Forest, VA
Posts: 1,132
Talking Rear Bumper update..

Rear Bumper:
Well I ordered one from Quadratec ( Bestop 42934-01 - HighRock 4x4™ Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited - Quadratec) about 2-weeks ago! The same day I made the order I agreed to sell my Rear Rampage Recovery bumper to a fellow in Maryland (using the WF For Sale section). The reason for all this is I want to get the weight of my up-graded tire/wheel off the tail-gate, and get a bumper with a tire carrier!
The next day I get an eMail from Quadratec telling me that my ordered bumper is on backorder! Called today to check on my backordered R-bumper and was told it would mid-April before they received any to ship out. Remember, I now have no R-bumper
So, I cancelled the order! Keep in mind most of these bumpers are made in China!
So, I decided to pay a few dollars more and get a “LoD” bumper( 2007-2012 Jeep JK Full Width Signature Series Bumper w/ Generation 3 Tire Carrier*::*Signature Series Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier*::*2007-2012 Jeep JK Products*::*Jeep*::*LoD Offroad ), made in AMERICA! NO LoD cannot compete with Chinese prices and cheaper materials, but after much research the LoD is well worth the cost for added strength and QUALITY.
This unit has cut-outs for lights, a trailer hitch, a BEEFY tire-carrier, and options for gas cans, Hi-lift jack and a rack-system. For the folks in the snow-belt (heavy hi-way chemicals) they offer an optional Zinc-treatment!
Oh! If like me, you want a high-gloss black finish (NOT-textured finish) to match your front-bumper, call them on the phone, they’ll fix you up.
Lastly, they are in a larger facility now and are aiming for 3-week turn-around! Of course they offer front bumpers and other gear as well.
Remember, it’s made in America!

__________________
2012 (on the road again)
willee51 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,128
LoD with a three week turnaround time would be awesome...

I've heard months-long horror stories in the past.

__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
—John Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
willee51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC of Forest, VA
Posts: 1,132
Exclamation Yea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
LoD with a three week turnaround time would be awesome...

I've heard months-long horror stories in the past.
----------------
I called and talked to the fellow directly, and he promised me a 3-week turn-around ( I really want to get the bumper on before I go back to get a PSA re-test {end of Jan}, in case I have to go in for a biopsy and maybe face cancer for the 2nd time)

I also told him I was a member of "WF" and reminded him I was going to keep folks here updated

I was also pleased to be able to get the "gloss-black" paint to match my front-bumper

Time will tell
__________________
2012 (on the road again)
willee51 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
FOUR FLUSHER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: RENO, NV
Posts: 289
I love mine, took a little over a month to get it, did you order it "linked"? that's a great feature.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PC220011b.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	90623  
__________________
'12 JKUR/WHITE/AUTO/LOD MID FRONT & REAR LINKED BUMPER/SMITTYBUILT WINCH/LOD SLIDERS/RR 17"x9"/DURATRAC 315/70/17/BDS UPGRADED 3" LIFT/JE DS/ORH SOFT TOP/HARD TOP
FOUR FLUSHER is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
Supporting Member Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Daniel_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arizoner
Posts: 2,348
There are definitely nice bumpers but I don't think i could wait a month for one, especially when there are other companies that make bumpers just a nice. I am sure all who have them are more than happy but man waiting is a bitch. I think I can get an OR Fab rear in about a week and they are made in the USA too. Chino Valley (Prescott area), Arizona to be exact.

-Dan
__________________
-Dan, Owner
RockRaider4x4 - PM me for a quote
Free shipping on most items
Suspension package deals available
Daniel_M is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #6
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_M View Post
There are definitely nice bumpers but I don't think i could wait a month for one, especially when there are other companies that make bumpers just a nice. I am sure all who have them are more than happy but man waiting is a bitch. I think I can get an OR Fab rear in about a week and they are made in the USA too. Chino Valley (Prescott area), Arizona to be exact.

-Dan
I waited a month for my rear bumper; over 2 months for the DuraTracs. Kept myself busy, when I was home, by installing aux lights, sPOD, seat covers, Tuffy underseat and security deck boxes, etc.

I regret nothing.
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
—John Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #7
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
willee51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC of Forest, VA
Posts: 1,132
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
I waited a month for my rear bumper; over 2 months for the DuraTracs. Kept myself busy, when I was home, by installing aux lights, sPOD, seat covers, Tuffy underseat and security deck boxes, etc.

I regret nothing.
-------------------------------

Ahhhh! Persevere to persevere
__________________
2012 (on the road again)
willee51 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #8
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by willee51 View Post
-------------------------------

Ahhhh! Persevere to persevere
Plus I'm as stubborn as a cobblestone.
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
—John Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
damndirtydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Eden Utah
Posts: 1,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_M View Post
There are definitely nice bumpers but I don't think i could wait a month for one, especially when there are other companies that make bumpers just a nice. I am sure all who have them are more than happy but man waiting is a bitch. I think I can get an OR Fab rear in about a week and they are made in the USA too. Chino Valley (Prescott area), Arizona to be exact.

-Dan
OR FAB rocks. Had a problem with a part mix up at the OR FAB warehouse. Steve the president of the company personally handled my problem and had my part shipped to me in 2 days. Planning to purchase their rear bumper in the very near future. I do like to buy American when at all possible.
damndirtydog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #10
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
basecamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by willee51 View Post
----------------
I called and talked to the fellow directly, and he promised me a 3-week turn-around ( I really want to get the bumper on before I go back to get a PSA re-test {end of Jan}, in case I have to go in for a biopsy and maybe face cancer for the 2nd time)

I also told him I was a member of "WF" and reminded him I was going to keep folks here updated

I was also pleased to be able to get the "gloss-black" paint to match my front-bumper

Time will tell
3 weeks

I ordered sliders from them 11/22/2011 and was told 4-6 weeks now in all fairness I asked to not have the LoD logo on them so it is a custom order but they new that when I was given the 4-6 week lead time. Anyway 8 weeks and counting...Not a problem for me really I would rather wait and get what I want but I suspect 3 weeks is wishful thinking
__________________
2012 JKUR Black Forest Green
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/bas...ld-128626.html
basecamper is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
theStickbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 118
OR Fab is from Arizona? Hmm going to have to check them out.

There site shows some cool products but I didn't see any prices. Are they reasonable?
theStickbug is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #12
First Jeep: M38A1

WF Supporting Member
 
AZduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 366
The LOD looks a lot like our Rockhard, and the Rockhard bumpers are in stock just about wherever you care to get one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RockHard.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	90658  
__________________

2012 JK Rubicon - 2011 FJC
AZduck is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #13
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
willee51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC of Forest, VA
Posts: 1,132
Lightbulb Damn..........

........... U know the advent of the microwave has ruined America! We must have everything on-demand! WE complain if it takes more that 2-min to boil water! Sometimes Quality takes a litttle time! If I must wait "X" weeks for a QUALITY American made bumper, then so be it! (I do know that LoD is not the only Americal made, but is one of the few).

Taking advice from Jimbox and the Wolfman, I took my time picking out, yes, my 2nd new rear bumper Much research went into the choosing of this bumper. But, then it is still personal choice and we are all different

I wanted: American made, a swing-out tire carrier, cut-outs for lights, a Beefed-up tire carrier assembly, ability to add a rack & Jerry Cans later, quality steel (3/16 and 1/4") and improvemet in attcahment to my Jeep! And, and, a "glossy-black" paint finish to match my new front bumper (Rampage). LoD gave me all that (finish, just give them a call, and yes, I purchased the optional zinc-treatment)

The Rampage Recovery Bumper I sold had a 10-bolt attachement. Heck, 8-bolts were used for the stock L-brackets, and from an Engineering standpoint, a VERY low strength method

The LoD bumper uses 12-bolts, 8-directly to the long members of the FRAME and 4-bolts to the rear cross-member

So, time is no longer a concern for ME, I want the Quality this time
__________________
2012 (on the road again)
willee51 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #14
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by willee51 View Post
........... U know the advent of the microwave has ruined America! We must have everything on-demand! WE complain if it takes more that 2-min to boil water! Sometimes Quality takes a litttle time! If I must wait "X" weeks for a QUALITY American made bumper, then so be it! (I do know that LoD is not the only Americal made, but is one of the few).

Taking advice from Jimbox and the Wolfman, I took my time picking out, yes, my 2nd new rear bumper Much research went into the choosing of this bumper. But, then it is still personal choice and we are all different

I wanted: American made, a swing-out tire carrier, cut-outs for lights, a Beefed-up tire carrier assembly, ability to add a rack & Jerry Cans later, quality steel (3/16 and 1/4") and improvemet in attcahment to my Jeep! And, and, a "glossy-black" paint finish to match my new front bumper (Rampage). LoD gave me all that (finish, just give them a call, and yes, I purchased the optional zinc-treatment)

The Rampage Recovery Bumper I sold had a 10-bolt attachement. Heck, 8-bolts were used for the stock L-brackets, and from an Engineering standpoint, a VERY low strength method

The LoD bumper uses 12-bolts, 8-directly to the long members of the FRAME and 4-bolts to the rear cross-member

So, time is no longer a concern for ME, I want the Quality this time
You can't lose either way, IMO. If they get it to you early, you'll do a dance in your driveway while Brown Santa unloads your awesome new bumper. And if it takes longer, it'll be that much sweeter for having had to tough it out through the waiting period.

As long as you're getting what you want, I'm thinkin it's just a huge win-win.
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
—John Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
damndirtydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Eden Utah
Posts: 1,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
You can't lose either way, IMO. If they get it to you early, you'll do a dance in your driveway while Brown Santa unloads your awesome new bumper. And if it takes longer, it'll be that much sweeter for having had to tough it out through the waiting period.

As long as you're getting what you want, I'm thinkin it's just a huge win-win.
Ha! "Brown Santa" Now that's funny S#!T!
damndirtydog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #16
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
willee51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC of Forest, VA
Posts: 1,132
Well..........

...guess we have beat this dead-horse to death, so let's close this thread

__________________
2012 (on the road again)
willee51 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #17
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,079
Why? Someone else looking to do the same thing might find it useful.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ellabell, GA
Posts: 503
it wasn't the microwave, it was McDonald's.....everybody started wanting instant satisfaction. Patience and quality went out the window to appease whiny-butt little brats (yeah, I was one). Now fast is the norm. It's an "I want it now" world.
__________________
BUAIDH NO BAS!
JEEP WAVE
1CrzyCelt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #19
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
basecamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
You can't lose either way, IMO. If they get it to you early, you'll do a dance in your driveway while Brown Santa unloads your awesome new bumper. And if it takes longer, it'll be that much sweeter for having had to tough it out through the waiting period.

As long as you're getting what you want, I'm thinkin it's just a huge win-win.
x2 FWIW I got an email yesterday that said my sliders had come back from the powder coater and were going to be shipped by the way willee51 I went with the zinc coating as well hopefully it will hold up to the salt in MN winters for a while at least we'll see
__________________
2012 JKUR Black Forest Green
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/bas...ld-128626.html
basecamper is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #20
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
willee51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC of Forest, VA
Posts: 1,132
Bump........

Posted a thread about High Lift Jacks, then just remembered, I don't even have a rear-bumper to mount it on yet


__________________
2012 (on the road again)
willee51 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #21
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,916
Oh willee-willee, how many times do I have to tell ya--


Quote:
Originally Posted by willee51 View Post
Posted a thread about High Lift Jacks, then just remembered, I don't even have a rear-bumper to mount it on yet


DON'T PUTIT ON THE REAR BUMPER !!

Keepit inside the jeep, then it'll work when you needit !!

There are oodles of posts about inside Hilift mounting for safety--outside is for looks and malls-

JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #22
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
willee51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC of Forest, VA
Posts: 1,132
Talking Urr right..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
Oh willee-willee, how many times do I have to tell ya--




DON'T PUTIT ON THE REAR BUMPER !!

Keepit inside the jeep, then it'll work when you needit !!

There are oodles of posts about inside Hilift mounting for safety--outside is for looks and malls-

JIMBO
I'll start looking for ways to secure/store inside (w/rear-seats up and usable)
__________________
2012 (on the road again)
willee51 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,916
Google "jeep Hi lift jack mounts" and read a lotta options

Quote:
Originally Posted by willee51 View Post
I'll start looking for ways to secure/store inside (w/rear-seats up and usable)
The "guncase" Jackguard, I use may not be available now, but it's like cattying a gun and setup for strapping in the cargo area-



Holds in dirt,dust,snow,mud,drugs/half pints !KEWL

JIMBO

__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lift kit list. Decide on a lift from this! 97wrangler-242 TJ General Discussion Forum 27 10-10-2011 08:04 PM
IN: WARN 65508 ROCK CRAWLER REAR BUMPER - $330 Shipped filmnews Classifieds Archive 0 03-07-2011 09:35 PM
Rear Bumper draimondi TJ General Discussion Forum 2 02-07-2011 12:46 PM
Rear bumper end caps (SE Idaho) jpoutlaw Classifieds Archive 1 10-21-2009 09:20 AM
Show Me Your TJs Rear Bumper nicolas-eric Pictures Forum 7 06-12-2008 08:28 AM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC