rough country series 2 lift review - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
bill9274's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 209
rough country series 2 lift review

hi, installed my lift on monday got wheels and tires installed today. i havnt put a lot of miles on it yet about 50 monday and 75 today. the lift went on pretty easy doing everything by myself took about 6 hours. All the parts were heavy duty all there brackets are much beefier than stock and they all made the stock brackets alot stronger i was more than pleased with the kit. Me and my family were pleasantly suprised on how good the ride was it soaked up the pot holes and didnt shimmy around the wash board corners. This morning i carried it and had my wheels and tires installed i ordered 5 15x10" wheels and took those with me and bought the tires locally for the free rotations didnt noticed till i got there they sent 4 15x10" wheels and 1 15x8" wheel so i went ahead and had the 4 installed. i used the procal to center the steering wheel, adjust tire pressure to 20lbs and to change tire size for the speedometer. i am very pleased with my lift and tires all the 35x12.50-15 tires balanced with 3 ounces or less weight. I had the little 225x16" tires ran about 2700 rpm at 70 now with 35's i run about 2200rpm at 70. i reset the mpg on the dash wich was pretty accurate always within 1/2mph of hand calculation. so far after 75 miles it shows i lost about 1/2 mpg on just normal everyday driving we will see in a week or so how the hand calculations come out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2706199496.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	230942

bill9274 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
bill9274's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 209
i have had my lift on for about 2000 miles now i love so far. i did put a adjustable track bar up front and finally got a tire carrier that worked ended up with the tera flex without the hinged part.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1896906007.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	245154
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2730889080.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	245153  

bill9274 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Canadian GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Niagara Ontario Canada
Posts: 257
Good choices all around, looks badass.
Canadian GP is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Rmiller31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 426
Hope you have better luck than me. 1.5 years later and it is riding worse then my 95 YJ and I've blown the rear shock. I'm not a rough country hater at all, I love the company. I know a lot of guys running their TJ lifts with great success and they wheel them a lot. The few people I have known with jk's have had issues from the ones I was having and also bump steer problems. My kit wasn't as complete as yours tho so maybe you will have better luck then I did. I'm currently replacing the springs and shocks on mine.

The good thing I can say is that they will take care of you if something is wrong and they have great customer service.

Good lookin jeep regardless! and like I bet you have better luck then I do having a more complete lift
Rmiller31 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 633
RCX does have lifetime warranty on their product.

But love the setup you got.
What tires are those?
__________________
'13 10th Anniversary JKUR Anvil on Red - delivered 5/9/13 Now Gone
/l ,[____],
[1---L-OllllllO-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
fastNugly is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
bill9274's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiller31 View Post
Hope you have better luck than me. 1.5 years later and it is riding worse then my 95 YJ and I've blown the rear shock. I'm not a rough country hater at all, I love the company. I know a lot of guys running their TJ lifts with great success and they wheel them a lot. The few people I have known with jk's have had issues from the ones I was having and also bump steer problems. My kit wasn't as complete as yours tho so maybe you will have better luck then I did. I'm currently replacing the springs and shocks on mine.

The good thing I can say is that they will take care of you if something is wrong and they have great customer service.

Good lookin jeep regardless! and like I bet you have better luck then I do having a more complete lift
You should call rough country they have excellent warranty and they have upgraded there springs and there new n2.0 shocks seem to be ok.
bill9274 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
bill9274's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
RCX does have lifetime warranty on their product.

But love the setup you got.
What tires are those?
Thanks i am running 35x12.50-15 cooper stt's and so far they are great. they are quite for a mud tire clean out well ride good.
bill9274 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Rmiller31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill9274 View Post
You should call rough country they have excellent warranty and they have upgraded there springs and there new n2.0 shocks seem to be ok.

I've already ordered 3.5" RK springs and Bilstein 5100's to replace them. I'm not the original owner so I don't have any of the paperwork for them. Also throwing on a synergy draglink flip kit to help with the steering.
Rmiller31 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiller31 View Post
I've already ordered 3.5" RK springs and Bilstein 5100's to replace them. I'm not the original owner so I don't have any of the paperwork for them. Also throwing on a synergy draglink flip kit to help with the steering.
What is the RK and Bilstein setup running you?
__________________
'13 10th Anniversary JKUR Anvil on Red - delivered 5/9/13 Now Gone
/l ,[____],
[1---L-OllllllO-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
fastNugly is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Rmiller31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 426
I think the springs were 160$ a pair and the shocks were 80$ a piece. Went through a local shop here that'd a RK dealer.

It should all be on tomorrow as well as a high steer kit to hopefully help the wobbles I had.
Rmiller31 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiller31 View Post
I think the springs were 160$ a pair and the shocks were 80$ a piece. Went through a local shop here that'd a RK dealer.

It should all be on tomorrow as well as a high steer kit to hopefully help the wobbles I had.
Very nice!
Very inexpensive for a pretty good kit
__________________
'13 10th Anniversary JKUR Anvil on Red - delivered 5/9/13 Now Gone
/l ,[____],
[1---L-OllllllO-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
fastNugly is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Rmiller31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 426
Wasn't the whole kit. I still have the rough country brackets, camcam bolts etc. My jeep had a 4" kit that took a lot if shortcuts and I'm just replacing it now piece by piece. Next I will replace the track bar and prob front lower and rear upper control arms.
Rmiller31 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiller31 View Post
Wasn't the whole kit. I still have the rough country brackets, camcam bolts etc. My jeep had a 4" kit that took a lot if shortcuts and I'm just replacing it now piece by piece. Next I will replace the track bar and prob front lower and rear upper control arms.
Ahhh.....got it
__________________
'13 10th Anniversary JKUR Anvil on Red - delivered 5/9/13 Now Gone
/l ,[____],
[1---L-OllllllO-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
fastNugly is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 12-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #14
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1
Still digging it?


hil210 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC