Seat covers - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Jeepchikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 47
Seat covers

Beach season is almost here and I just got my new jeep. (whoo!) Looking at some seat covers because I know the abuse that this vehicle is going to endure.

I need something waterproof... Something that will cover the entire seat. I've been scouring and have found a few things on my own... But figured this would be a great forum to post to...

What does everyone else have? Any experience with the neoprene?

Any advice or links will be totally appreciated

Jeepchikki is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepchikki View Post
Beach season is almost here and I just got my new jeep. (whoo!) Looking at some seat covers because I know the abuse that this vehicle is going to endure.

I need something waterproof... Something that will cover the entire seat. I've been scouring and have found a few things on my own... But figured this would be a great forum to post to...

What does everyone else have? Any experience with the neoprene?

Any advice or links will be totally appreciated
Some of the neoprene will make you sweat in the summer; and some types fade. I believe daggo66 had a problem with 2 different neoprene seat covers turning colors and fading on him.

I've got the Coverking seat covers, but mine are a breathable spacer mesh...didn't want the swamp ass, as it's called.

IGEES are very popular with some folks. Here's a link to them, and some other brands:

Iggee
Car Cover, Seat Covers, Dash Cover, Floormats, Sunshields - Manufactured by Coverking
Car Seat Covers | Seat Covers | Custom Seat Covers | Truck Seat Covers | Automotive Seat Covers

These are the ones I'm gonna go to next, if/when my Coverkings go down for a dirt nap:

Welcome to Trek Armor

Good thing...there are literally dozens of possibilities. Here are some links to threads (which will probably have numerous links in em):

Wet Okole seat cover question
Trek Armor Seat Covers: Got them!!!
Smittybilt Seat Covers
IGGEE - Durablility Question
Seat cover wear.
Seat Covers side Air Bags

__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
—John Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 318
I think the stock seats are pretty hard core...given that I'm going to be getting heated seat covers for the winter because I didn't get heated seats in mine.....
Posts On Percocet is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
4X4RDSTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 332
I hear exactly what you are saying. Being a boater and a beach guy, I needed the same solution. The stock seats as tough as they are will and do stain, making the Jeep look trashy. I bought Wet Okoles. They are 100% waterproof and fully washable. They are pretty pricey and made in Hawaii, but thoroughly waterproof neoprene. I got mine in yellow and black with a dolphin insignia on each seat. (My Wrangler is detonator yellow) I bought the full set for front and back. Here is a link....

Jeep Wrangler Seat Covers - Wet Okole Hawaii
You can also get heated ones for the winter.
OR
Wet Okole Neoprene Jeep Seat Covers - Quadratec

Regarding fading, there is a anti fade treatment spray that works well, that UV treats them against fading. Never had a fade issue, since I place my freedom tops back on when I stop driving for security reasons. Wet Okole sells the UV spray on their site for about $10. Interesting too, I never sweated using them. Of course your mileage may vary. Everyone is different.

The Quadratec link lets you see what different colors would look like in your color vehicle.

Watch out for shipping with Quadratec. It cost me $57 to Long Island NY. Kbwwolf is correct regarding the shipping, although for my future orders I found it easier to using Google Shopping, because it took me too long to get Joe to respond. He must be really busy with requests.

Good Luck.
__________________
2009 JK Wrangler X, Hard & Soft Tops, Detonator Yellow
Pioneer BT-3300, Polk Audio DB Speakers, Ipod Cable
Mopar Grab Handles, Mopar Slush Mats, Viper 5902,
Wet Okoles, KC Hi-Lites Aux lamps, Cargo Mat,
Safari Doors, Bestop Duster, Windjammer, and Bikini Top.
4X4RDSTR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #5
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4RDSTR View Post
Watch out for shipping with Quadratec. It cost me $57 to Long Island NY.
PM Joe here on the site (name: Quadratec) or order through Google shopping and there are no shipping charges.
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
—John Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
4X4RDSTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
PM Joe here on the site (name: Quadratec) or order through Google shopping and there are no shipping charges.
I wish I knew that before I ordered. Oh well, I live and learn.
__________________
2009 JK Wrangler X, Hard & Soft Tops, Detonator Yellow
Pioneer BT-3300, Polk Audio DB Speakers, Ipod Cable
Mopar Grab Handles, Mopar Slush Mats, Viper 5902,
Wet Okoles, KC Hi-Lites Aux lamps, Cargo Mat,
Safari Doors, Bestop Duster, Windjammer, and Bikini Top.
4X4RDSTR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #7
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,060
I have the IGGEE's and am very happy with them so far. My only concern is if they are going to be hot when the sun beats down on them. If they are I am going to add the Jeep towel covers.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
Jeepchikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posts On Percocet View Post
I think the stock seats are pretty hard core...given that I'm going to be getting heated seat covers for the winter because I didn't get heated seats in mine.....
yeah.. the stock seats are good.. but i remember the jeep my dad had and boy oh boy... the wear on them....

totally going to cover mine. figured that way i may prevent a little damage
Jeepchikki is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
Jeepchikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
PM Joe here on the site (name: Quadratec) or order through Google shopping and there are no shipping charges.
thanks for the heads up on this.. if i order em i will totally get in touch with the guy!
Jeepchikki is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Jeepchikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4RDSTR View Post
I hear exactly what you are saying. Being a boater and a beach guy, I needed the same solution. The stock seats as tough as they are will and do stain, making the Jeep look trashy. I bought Wet Okoles. They are 100% waterproof and fully washable. They are pretty pricey and made in Hawaii, but thoroughly waterproof neoprene. I got mine in yellow and black with a dolphin insignia on each seat. (My Wrangler is detonator yellow) I bought the full set for front and back. Here is a link....

Jeep Wrangler Seat Covers - Wet Okole Hawaii
You can also get heated ones for the winter.
OR
Wet Okole Neoprene Jeep Seat Covers - Quadratec

Regarding fading, there is a anti fade treatment spray that works well, that UV treats them against fading. Never had a fade issue, since I place my freedom tops back on when I stop driving for security reasons. Wet Okole sells the UV spray on their site for about $10. Interesting too, I never sweated using them. Of course your mileage may vary. Everyone is different.

The Quadratec link lets you see what different colors would look like in your color vehicle.

Watch out for shipping with Quadratec. It cost me $57 to Long Island NY. Kbwwolf is correct regarding the shipping, although for my future orders I found it easier to using Google Shopping, because it took me too long to get Joe to respond. He must be really busy with requests.

Good Luck.

The Okles were the ones i was looking at originally.. there are so many different types but I'll have to decide and buy something this weekend.
Jeepchikki is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Jeepchikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
Some of the neoprene will make you sweat in the summer; and some types fade. I believe daggo66 had a problem with 2 different neoprene seat covers turning colors and fading on him.

I've got the Coverking seat covers, but mine are a breathable spacer mesh...didn't want the swamp ass, as it's called.

IGEES are very popular with some folks. Here's a link to them, and some other brands:

Iggee
Car Cover, Seat Covers, Dash Cover, Floormats, Sunshields - Manufactured by Coverking
Car Seat Covers | Seat Covers | Custom Seat Covers | Truck Seat Covers | Automotive Seat Covers

These are the ones I'm gonna go to next, if/when my Coverkings go down for a dirt nap:

Welcome to Trek Armor

Good thing...there are literally dozens of possibilities. Here are some links to threads (which will probably have numerous links in em):

Wet Okole seat cover question
Trek Armor Seat Covers: Got them!!!
Smittybilt Seat Covers
IGGEE - Durablility Question
Seat cover wear.
Seat Covers side Air Bags
never saw the trek armor... decisions decisions.. thanks for the info on all the covers. much appreciated!
Jeepchikki is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #12
I do my own stunts.

WF Supporting Member
 
yomondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 2,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posts On Percocet View Post
I think the stock seats are pretty hard core...given that I'm going to be getting heated seat covers for the winter because I didn't get heated seats in mine.....
You can also add seat heaters to your stock seats. This is what I did.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/war...on-113328.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepchikki View Post
yeah.. the stock seats are good.. but i remember the jeep my dad had and boy oh boy... the wear on them....

totally going to cover mine. figured that way i may prevent a little damage
Your 2012 ain't your daddy's Jeep. My '09 is topless and doorless about 8 months out of the year, and has spent a lot of time under the hot Southern California sun over the past 3 years, and the seats are still holding up well so far. They've gotten pretty wet a few times, and damp from morning dew many times, and they dry pretty fast. I've been considering seat covers for a while because as well as they've been holding up, it's only a matter of time before they start to wear under that kind of use. I'd want to get something that breathes really well, as opposed to a waterproof one though, since the seats themselves seem to deal with water okay, and I'm usually in the heat and want to avoid that swamp ass thing that kbwwolf speaks of.
__________________
Black 2009 Rubicon 2-Dr Auto | TF 3" lift and front lower CA's | JKS trackbars | 35" GY MT/R-K's | 17x9 M/T SS Classic II's | EVO Axle Sleeves and C Gussets | ARB diff covers | Skid Row evap can skid and front CA skids | Shrockworks bumpers and rock rails | Synergy Ball Joints, Tie Rod and grab handles | Warn 9.5ti | Pull-Pal | sPOD | Superchips Flashpaq | Dual Optima Yellow Tops | Cobra 29 LTD | 4' FireStick
yomondo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #13
CG3
no retreat, no surrender

WF Supporting Member
 
CG3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Utah/Mexico/California
Posts: 975
I put on a set of AEV seat covers. They aren't *pretty* - rather utilitarian, but they are so well made (typical AEV) fit well, and the water just beads up. I just rolled into Moab yesterday after about 9 days of camping/working in the back-country (lots of dirt...) and they amazed me how well they just look like new after a quick brush, and damp towel over the seats where my dog jumps in... they are a bit pricey, but built to last, look good, and protect the original seats. Gotta say, I love mine. If you are interested, call Paul:

Paul Kientz
Inside Sales
American Expedition Vehicles
28025 Oakland Oaks
Wixom, MI 48393
Office (248) 926-0256 ext 228
__________________
Carolyn
CG3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
4X4RDSTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepchikki View Post
The Okles were the ones i was looking at originally.. there are so many different types but I'll have to decide and buy something this weekend.
Being that my Jeep is Detonator Yellow, I got the Wet Okole seats in solar yellow with black sides, NO piping, with a Dolphin insignia. I would have liked the Jeep Insignia but the rights to it, they said, would be so high cost, so the manufacturer does not bother. They looks real nice, and they are very comfortable. They seem to add an additional layer of cushioning for your derriere. Using Quadratec's site you can get a good idea how they will look with your color Jeep which is very helpful. It looks like a lot to de-cyfer through, but really all you need to know is if you have airbags in the seat sides, and do you have height adjustment on the driver's seat. They take like 4 weeks to get because they construct them totally custom. In the long run, the design, fit and finish is superb. Cost was $419 and then you can get free shipping, which I wish I knew then. Hope this helps.
__________________
2009 JK Wrangler X, Hard & Soft Tops, Detonator Yellow
Pioneer BT-3300, Polk Audio DB Speakers, Ipod Cable
Mopar Grab Handles, Mopar Slush Mats, Viper 5902,
Wet Okoles, KC Hi-Lites Aux lamps, Cargo Mat,
Safari Doors, Bestop Duster, Windjammer, and Bikini Top.
4X4RDSTR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Diego area
Posts: 458
I have the Trek Armor, relative unknown on this forum. Couldn't be happier. They are water resistent and have good storage pockets as well as Molle straps on the back, and on the sides of the top and bottom, so its reallyvery versatile too as well as looking good. Made in SoCal and workmanship is excellent. If interested email Mitch in contact. Neoprene was not for me...
JKatfish is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #16
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
JeepHerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,567
Images: 21
For cheapies: the Smittybuilt Neoprene are "buy the front get the rear free" on Quadratech & 4 Wheel online right now. $169 for both. I don't need waterproof- I need dog proof. (aka washable). I don't think the Smittybuilt are waterproof- but the Wet Okoles are.
JeepHerz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-08-2012, 01:30 AM   #17
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
JeepHerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,567
Images: 21
Update: just got my Smittybuilt. (Quadratech is fast!). Just an FYI: the black & red is more like black & maroon. More of a dark red with a hint of purple. I was expecting more of a "primary" red- you know- red red. Fire engine red. Aftermarket part red. If you have a red Jeep they most likely won't match your paint. (Mine is silver). Sorry- flashing my chick card.
BUT the fit is good and they look good. There is slot on the side for the side air bag - which I don't have. I wish they mentioned that or offered it without. But for $169 for front and rear I am still happy.

JeepHerz is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC