Well, I attempted this today. I reviewed other installs, and I went out and picked up stainless steel screws based on other people saying the hardware that comes with the kit strips easy. I used a slightly larger bit than the instructions call for as well based on other reviews. I ended up stripping and snapping three stainless steel screws off. Luckily I was able to back them out with pliers. I stopped half way through the install.
I think it may be easier to tap the holes after you drill them and then use machine screws to mount this. I also got all the way to one corner and ended up lining the last corner up with one of the spot welds, so not sure I will be able to drill through it.
I really didn't expect to have that many issues with it. It looks good, just need to finish attaching it. If I had to do it all over again, I would order the metal one on eBay.