Soft Top Help!! - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
JeepStrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 106
Images: 3
Soft Top Help!!

Need help from someone who has a factory tailgate bar and soft top.

Issue: I purchased a Besttop Trek NX soft top for my JK. I really like it except for the reat window. It is a pain in the rear to try and use, the clips dont unhook as easy as the Stock soft top allowing easier access to the back of the jeep.

I would like to see how the rear window attached to the tailgate bar to see if it will work with my Trek NX rear window. If so I would be a happy Jeeper

If someone could take a picture or create a video to show how the window attaches it would be very helpful to me.

__________________
2010 JK UNLIMITED
JeepStrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
CharlesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Carmel Mountain, CA
Posts: 194
There is a round tubular attachment point that runs the full length of the window on the bottom that slides into a track on the metal cross bar.
Right now I don't have access to window assembly to take a picture.

CharlesS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
jp2611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fort Wayne IN
Posts: 5,721
Not sure I understand the question but from what I think you are saying...on my TJ the diameter of the piece that encloses the rubber seal at the base of the rear window and the clips and the bar it self are "not interchangeable" with OEM parts.....but I am very happy with them.

We also have a JK and the clips are completely different than on the TJ.
jp2611 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
 
XTRyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 2,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepStrangler View Post
Need help from someone who has a factory tailgate bar and soft top.

Issue: I purchased a Besttop Trek NX soft top for my JK. I really like it except for the reat window. It is a pain in the rear to try and use, the clips dont unhook as easy as the Stock soft top allowing easier access to the back of the jeep.

I would like to see how the rear window attached to the tailgate bar to see if it will work with my Trek NX rear window. If so I would be a happy Jeeper

If someone could take a picture or create a video to show how the window attaches it would be very helpful to me.
The tailgate bar attaches to a round rubber tube that is sewn to the window. It simply slides on to the tube and that's what hold the bar to the isinglass.

If you're asking if you can use the factory tailgate bar with the Trektop NX, the answer is yes. Just make sure you have the bar and the 2 clips that attach to the body tub. Then slide the bar onto the window then clip the bar into the slots on the body and you're good to go.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

-Zach
__________________
Ryan H. | ExtremeTerrain.com Off-Road Outfitters
Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our WranglerForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
JeepStrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 106
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTZach View Post
The tailgate bar attaches to a round rubber tube that is sewn to the window. It simply slides on to the tube and that's what hold the bar to the isinglass.

If you're asking if you can use the factory tailgate bar with the Trektop NX, the answer is yes. Just make sure you have the bar and the 2 clips that attach to the body tub. Then slide the bar onto the window then clip the bar into the slots on the body and you're good to go.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

-Zach
This is exactly what I wanted to know... I guess I could have just ask that as my question but I wasn't sure if anyone had tried this though. Does your company sell these parts? your help is worth my business in my opinion.
__________________
2010 JK UNLIMITED
JeepStrangler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
 
XTRyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 2,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepStrangler View Post
This is exactly what I wanted to know... I guess I could have just ask that as my question but I wasn't sure if anyone had tried this though. Does your company sell these parts? your help is worth my business in my opinion.
Unfortunately, we only have the Bestop tailgate bar right now. The Smittybilt one is also on our site, but it's not available from Smittybilt yet.

Your best bet to get a factory tailgate bar is to check the classifieds on this forum or Craigslist. There are always people selling tops and parts for tops on here.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I'll be happy to help out!

-Zach
__________________
Ryan H. | ExtremeTerrain.com Off-Road Outfitters
Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our WranglerForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
CharlesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Carmel Mountain, CA
Posts: 194
I have a used crossbar in fairly good condition, but it may be cost prohibitive to ship.
CharlesS is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-09-2013, 02:16 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
Amwajtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kingdom of Bahrain
Posts: 36
Wanting to order the same roof, question is...does the "sun rider function open over the front AND rear seats like the stock soft top? or just the front seats...

and does the roof assembly come with the fabric already attached to windshield header?
Amwajtommy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #9
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
 
XTRyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 2,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amwajtommy View Post
Wanting to order the same roof, question is...does the "sun rider function open over the front AND rear seats like the stock soft top? or just the front seats...

and does the roof assembly come with the fabric already attached to windshield header?
Amwajtommy,

The Sunrider hinge folds right at the B-Pillar, so it only is open for the driver and passenger. To get open air for all passengers you'll either have to take out all the windows, or remove the entire top. There are a lot of people who say that it's a pain to do that, but it really takes no more time than a factory top.

The top assembly ships with the header and fabric attached. However, the side support bows may not be installed from Bestop and you'll have to install those into the header.

Hope this answers your questions. If there's anything else I can help with, please let me know.

-Zach

__________________
Ryan H. | ExtremeTerrain.com Off-Road Outfitters
Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our WranglerForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC