VERY proud to be a Jeep owner as of this past weekend
Quick newbie question though. My jeep as the dual top group with the hard top on as it sits. The soft top is rolled up on its frame in the back. Other than taking up a lot of room, is it ok to leave the soft top like it is now, or do I need to take it our completely? Thanks in advance for the help.
1. If you're not going to use the soft top for a while, you need to get it out of there and put it as-is into storage. It's a 2 person job for about 15% of it. But you can't lift the hard top off alone without a hoist.
2. That was a good point about the season. Most of us with dual tops have just or are about to make the seasonal switch to just soft-top. If you're going to do that at all this year, you might as well just take the hard top off, remove the soft-top packaging and put it up.
3. Wait for a warm, sunny day. The top material needs to stretch first time it's raised.
4. That black snapped cover that is wrapped around the top is meant to be discarded, according to the manual.
5. Be careful of your fingers lowering the bows.
6. Seriously, it can hurt you.
2012 JKU Sahara: White on white, and nearly perfect.
dual top, connectivity, 130, 6 sp. manual