Welcome to WF.
1. If you're not going to use the soft top for a while, you need to get it out of there and put it as-is into storage. It's a 2 person job for about 15% of it. But you can't lift the hard top off alone without a hoist.
2. That was a good point about the season. Most of us with dual tops have just or are about to make the seasonal switch to just soft-top. If you're going to do that at all this year, you might as well just take the hard top off, remove the soft-top packaging and put it up.
3. Wait for a warm, sunny day. The top material needs to stretch first time it's raised.
4. That black snapped cover that is wrapped around the top is meant to be discarded, according to the manual.
5. Be careful of your fingers lowering the bows.
6. Seriously, it can hurt you.