Bought a new 2-dr 2011 Rubicon last October, with the Freedom top. Winters up here are nasty. I'm glad I had it. Now, it's time to go for the soft top. I'm getting conflicting advice from some Jeep novices (like me) and thought I'd throw it out for the masses.
1) This is my daily driver, so I need to be able to button it up completely for crazy Illinois thunderstorms. Bikini likely not an option
2) I plan to run the Freedom from Oct/Nov til Mar/Apr and soft the rest of the time. I don't want to be messing with a ton of extra hardware twice a year. I can get the Freedom off by myself. I'd hope I could put the soft top on easily/quickly/alone.
3) Some say get soft doors. Others say keep the full metals on. Pros? Cons?
4) I'd like to be able to peel back the roof of the soft top like the Freedom T-tops... but also roll up the sides like a pseudo-bikini.
5) One guys swears by Bestop... the other says go cheaper, since it's only half-year usage.
Thanks in advance...