03-16-2012, 06:55 PM
WF Supporting Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Originally Posted by jeepkingtn
I just signed up for the Tennessee Mountains Jeep Jamboree. I have a stock 2012 JKUR with 4.10 gears and auto. What else do I HAVE TO HAVE in your all's opinion? Thanks!
The below requirements are from this site:
Jeep Jamboree USA » FAQ
Does My Jeep 4×4 Need Special Equipment For a Jamboree?
Yes! The following is MANDATORY for all vehicles:
Do You Recommend Additional Equipment?
- Jeep vehicles must have four-wheel drive with a low-range (4-LO) transfer case.
- Front and rear tow points must be properly mounted to the frame with grade-eight bolts.
- Drawbars, receiver hitches, or aftermarket bumpers with manufacturer-installed clevis or D-ring anchor points are acceptable alternates to tow points. If you don’t have tow points, you may be turned away without a refund.
- All open-topped vehicles, including older models (CJs, Scramblers, and Willys), must have roll bars.
- A full-size spare tire; a space-saver spare (donut) just won’t do.
- Street legal vehicle with current license plate.
- Skid plates covering the oil pan, gas tank, and transfer case. Mandatory for the Rubicon Trail.
- Rock rails for Jeep Liberty, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and Commander vehicles registered for higher-rated trails. Rock rails are iron moldings designed to protect your vehicle’s rocker sills from damage. Strongly advised for Jamborees with rocky terrain. Mandatory for the Rubicon Trail. Please contact the Jeep Jamboree USA office for additional information.
- Heavy-duty, 20-foot nylon tow straps (7,000 lb max vehicle weight) with looped ends. TOW STRAPS WITH METAL HOOKS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
- Body lifts/suspension lifts up to six inches (combined) are permitted. Running boards and snowplow frames are not permitted. Tires over 37 inches are not permitted.
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."