tera flex 3" lift - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 58
tera flex 3" lift

Does anyone know why the 3" lift with shocks doesn't come with front brake line extensions? Or is this just a misprint on their web site? Anyone purchased this? Did it come with the extensions, or did you have to buy them separate? 2012 JKU Sport

poduck69 is online now   Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12

WF Supporting Member
 
GREEN-MACHINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF MASSACHUSETTS
Posts: 10,292
might be a misprint mine came with everything

__________________

life is too short to be taken seriously all the time,,,, go buy a MR.potato head and have some fun.
GREEN-MACHINE is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 44,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by poduck69
Does anyone know why the 3" lift with shocks doesn't come with front brake line extensions? Or is this just a misprint on their web site? Anyone purchased this? Did it come with the extensions, or did you have to buy them separate? 2012 JKU Sport
2.5 does I'm sure the 3" does also.
__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR's - Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils - custom length X-Factor arms - Synergy steering -Rancho 5000X shocks - Adams front driveshaft - Ether LED headlights.

My 2007 2 Door Build

General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here

Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #4
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
willee51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC of Forest, VA
Posts: 1,132
Talking Also take......

.......... a look at the Full Traction Premium Plus Lift. Excellent quality and Outstanding Customer Service

Talked to Chris at "FT" twice yesterday and was given a good price on the lift, Blis-shocks and a J Reel front DS

Still waiting on a call from my 4x4-shop on a labor cost! I "personally" want a shop install
__________________
2012 (on the road again)
willee51 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by willee51 View Post
.......... a look at the Full Traction Premium Plus Lift. Excellent quality and Outstanding Customer Service

Talked to Chris at "FT" twice yesterday and was given a good price on the lift, Blis-shocks and a J Reel front DS

Still waiting on a call from my 4x4-shop on a labor cost! I "personally" want a shop install
thanks, it was nice talking with you
Full-Traction Suspension is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
desertgoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 9,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10

2.5 does I'm sure the 3" does also.
You sure? Mine only came with rear brake line extensions, nothing for the front.
__________________
desertgoose is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
CG3
no retreat, no surrender

WF Supporting Member
 
CG3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Utah/Mexico/California
Posts: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by willee51 View Post
.......... a look at the Full Traction Premium Plus Lift. Excellent quality and Outstanding Customer Service

Talked to Chris at "FT" twice yesterday and was given a good price on the lift, Blis-shocks and a J Reel front DS

Still waiting on a call from my 4x4-shop on a labor cost! I "personally" want a shop install
I am sooooooo happy with my Full Traction Premium Plus lift... and those guys are the best Did a few sections of trails in Moab that gave me grief in my last jeep a few days ago.... it's simply DaKine (insert shaka)
__________________
Carolyn
CG3 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by willee51 View Post
.......... a look at the Full Traction Premium Plus Lift. Excellent quality and Outstanding Customer Service

Talked to Chris at "FT" twice yesterday and was given a good price on the lift, Blis-shocks and a J Reel front DS

Still waiting on a call from my 4x4-shop on a labor cost! I "personally" want a shop install
You're gonna go FT, W?

Can't go wrong there.

So, when's the divorce.
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
óJohn Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #9
Sponsoring Vendor
 
TeraFlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by poduck69 View Post
Does anyone know why the 3" lift with shocks doesn't come with front brake line extensions? Or is this just a misprint on their web site? Anyone purchased this? Did it come with the extensions, or did you have to buy them separate? 2012 JKU Sport
The 3" kit comes with new front brake lines and rear drop brackets. The 2.5" kits only come with rear drop brackets.
__________________
www.teraflex.com
Questions? tech@teraflex.com
TeraFlex is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #10
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
willee51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC of Forest, VA
Posts: 1,132
Talking Hey....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
You're gonna go FT, W?

Can't go wrong there.

So, when's the divorce.
....... shhhhhhhhhhhh, she may hear U
__________________
2012 (on the road again)
willee51 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #11
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by willee51 View Post
....... shhhhhhhhhhhh, she may hear U


Gotta say though, the Full Traction lift is about as good as it gets. JMHO. Almost no body roll in turns. Very stable at speed. Fantastic off-road. Bomb-proof parts that require minimum maintenance.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Carolyn's happy with hers, too.

If you've got the $$, I really don't think you could do better.
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
óJohn Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Mwerley2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 51
Sweet!! I just got my TF 2.5 on order today!! Good luck and happy Jeeping. :-)
Mwerley2012 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Memphis
Posts: 26
My apologies for the hijack, but is there a significant difference in terms of required mods (new driveshafts, etc.) with the TF 3" as opposed to the 2.5"? I was thinking 2.5", but was considering 3" unless it opens up a can of worms re: future mods/requisite upgrades...
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon|4" TeraFlex with 4 FlexArms| Warn M8000| Poison Spyder Customs Brawler Lite| Next Up: Driveshafts|
KSPHI is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #14
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
willee51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC of Forest, VA
Posts: 1,132
Unhappy Maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by willee51 View Post
....... shhhhhhhhhhhh, she may hear U
May have to go out of town for the "Full Traction" install, as my 4x4 shop in town is dicking around with giving me a price, been 3-days so far When I call, it's well call back later

Probably not thier profit maker, or whom they do daily business

I'll start looking for a shop out of town, somewhere here in Virginia!

Gotta be a FULL TRACTION
__________________
2012 (on the road again)
willee51 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #15
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSPHI View Post
My apologies for the hijack, but is there a significant difference in terms of required mods (new driveshafts, etc.) with the TF 3" as opposed to the 2.5"? I was thinking 2.5", but was considering 3" unless it opens up a can of worms re: future mods/requisite upgrades...
Looked in your profile, and didn't see what YM your Jeep is...

A 3" lift is pushing the boundary of expensive additions. If you're rocking a '12, you should strongly consider buying a new front driveshaft. If the shocks in your lift are 27.5" or more (such as Bilstein 5100's), your stock ds will hit your exhaust pipe if you disco your swaybars and go offroad.

There are cheaper alternatives, such as the TeraFlex exhaust spacer and the AFE Y-pipe. I always recommend the ds, though. Up to the individual.

If you've got a '12 2-door, you should probably buy both front AND rear. Again, up to you. If you look under your Jeep one day and see a grease stripe running horizontally along your undercarriage, you'll know you've got about 100 miles before the offending ds seizes and you go home on foot.

To sum up: If you're not mechanically inclined, and don't wanna incur possible extra costs, go with the 2.5" lift.
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
óJohn Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #16
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by willee51 View Post
May have to go out of town for the "Full Traction" install, as my 4x4 shop in town is dicking around with giving me a price, been 3-days so far When I call, it's well call back later

Probably not thier profit maker, or whom they do daily business

I'll start looking for a shop out of town, somewhere here in Virginia!

Gotta be a FULL TRACTION
W...is there no one in your area who can help you wrench?

When I installed my lift, I knew almost nothing about the procedure. Ended up using a mechanic friend's shop for the cost of one drunken night at the local bars, and a gift certificate for him and his wife at their favorite restaurant (to make it up to her for the drunken night).

Awesome learning experience.

You're gonna get hosed paying somebody for the install, and will be no better off if something breaks down in the future.

I'm telling you, the knowledge you'll accumulate by doing it yourself is invaluable.

Lemme put it this way: Last August, I didn't know a Jeep from a Yugo. But I've managed to amass a little knowledge since then. No reason you can't do the same thing.

For god's sake man...you're about to retire! Great way to fill your time, learning.
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
óJohn Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Memphis
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
Looked in your profile, and didn't see what YM your Jeep is...

A 3" lift is pushing the boundary of expensive additions. If you're rocking a '12, you should strongly consider buying a new front driveshaft. If the shocks in your lift are 27.5" or more (such as Bilstein 5100's), your stock ds will hit your exhaust pipe if you disco your swaybars and go offroad.

There are cheaper alternatives, such as the TeraFlex exhaust spacer and the AFE Y-pipe. I always recommend the ds, though. Up to the individual.

If you've got a '12 2-door, you should probably buy both front AND rear. Again, up to you. If you look under your Jeep one day and see a grease stripe running horizontally along your undercarriage, you'll know you've got about 100 miles before the offending ds seizes and you go home on foot.

To sum up: If you're not mechanically inclined, and don't wanna incur possible extra costs, go with the 2.5" lift.
It's a '12 JKU. I'll stick with the 2.5" then! Very much appreciate the response!
KSPHI is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #18
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
willee51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC of Forest, VA
Posts: 1,132
Question Ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
W...is there no one in your area who can help you wrench?

When I installed my lift, I knew almost nothing about the procedure. Ended up using a mechanic friend's shop for the cost of one drunken night at the local bars, and a gift certificate for him and his wife at their favorite restaurant (to make it up to her for the drunken night).

Awesome learning experience.

You're gonna get hosed paying somebody for the install, and will be no better off if something breaks down in the future.

I'm telling you, the knowledge you'll accumulate by doing it yourself is
invaluable.

Lemme put it this way: Last August, I didn't know a Jeep from a Yugo. But I've managed to amass a little knowledge since then. No reason you can't do the same thing.

For god's sake man...you're about to retire! Great way to fill your time, learning.
----------------
Does this mean we/I need a floor lift or jack-stands! I do have a garage, but live ina Condo!
__________________
2012 (on the road again)
willee51 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #19
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by willee51 View Post
----------------
Does this mean we/I need a floor lift or jack-stands! I do have a garage, but live ina Condo!
If you find someone who can help you, maybe they have a jack and jack stands. I bought my own, but that's simply because they're a necessity for working on my rig.

I have a 2-car garage, but it's pretty small, what with a motorcycle, smoker, Bowflex and rowing machine in it. If I wanna open my tailgate to the detent, I've gotta pull forward so that the hoop on my Rampage is literally about 1 foot from the back wall. Nevertheless, I've installed everything...EVERYTHING...that's on my Jeep, other than the lift and tires, in that garage.

My advice...post in the VA section, see who's out there, in your area, who might be willing to help install your lift for some beer and food. And if they need help, return the favor.

That's pretty much how Jeepers roll.

Now, don't get me wrong, here. Installing all your own stuff is not for everyone. If you don't wanna go that way, then don't. I don't think any less of anyone if they wanna have everything installed by a shop. Who am I to judge?

But you'll end up spending a lot of $$ having a shop do it for you. And, more importantly, you'll know far less about your Jeep than if you learn how to do it yourself.

Kind've a risk/reward thing.

Capisce?
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
óJohn Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #20
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 44,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf

If you find someone who can help you, maybe they have a jack and jack stands. I bought my own, but that's simply because they're a necessity for working on my rig.

I have a 2-car garage, but it's pretty small, what with a motorcycle, smoker, Bowflex and rowing machine in it. If I wanna open my tailgate to the detent, I've gotta pull forward so that the hoop on my Rampage is literally about 1 foot from the back wall. Nevertheless, I've installed everything...EVERYTHING...that's on my Jeep, other than the lift and tires, in that garage.

My advice...post in the VA section, see who's out there, in your area, who might be willing to help install your lift for some beer and food. And if they need help, return the favor.

That's pretty much how Jeepers roll.

Now, don't get me wrong, here. Installing all your own stuff is not for everyone. If you don't wanna go that way, then don't. I don't think any less of anyone if they wanna have everything installed by a shop. Who am I to judge?

But you'll end up spending a lot of $$ having a shop do it for you. And, more importantly, you'll know far less about your Jeep than if you learn how to do it yourself.

Kind've a risk/reward thing.

Capisce?
X2

"You can do it!!!"
__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR's - Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils - custom length X-Factor arms - Synergy steering -Rancho 5000X shocks - Adams front driveshaft - Ether LED headlights.

My 2007 2 Door Build

General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here

Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #21
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
willee51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PEOPLES REPUBLIC of Forest, VA
Posts: 1,132
Lightbulb Well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbwwolf View Post
If you find someone who can help you, maybe they have a jack and jack stands. I bought my own, but that's simply because they're a necessity for working on my rig.

I have a 2-car garage, but it's pretty small, what with a motorcycle, smoker, Bowflex and rowing machine in it. If I wanna open my tailgate to the detent, I've gotta pull forward so that the hoop on my Rampage is literally about 1 foot from the back wall. Nevertheless, I've installed everything...EVERYTHING...that's on my Jeep, other than the lift and tires, in that garage.

My advice...post in the VA section, see who's out there, in your area, who might be willing to help install your lift for some beer and food. And if they need help, return the favor.

That's pretty much how Jeepers roll.

Now, don't get me wrong, here. Installing all your own stuff is not for everyone. If you don't wanna go that way, then don't. I don't think any less of anyone if they wanna have everything installed by a shop. Who am I to judge?

But you'll end up spending a lot of $$ having a shop do it for you. And, more importantly, you'll know far less about your Jeep than if you learn how to do it yourself.

Kind've a risk/reward thing.

Capisce?
Thanks for the time, and advice! As usual, I take it all very seriously
__________________
2012 (on the road again)
willee51 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #22
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by willee51 View Post
Thanks for the time, and advice! As usual, I take it all very seriously
hahaha...dude, you just totally blew me off!

Thank you.
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
óJohn Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
Kelsey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by willee51

Thanks for the time, and advice! As usual, I take it all very seriously
Send me where you're at in VA.
__________________
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara- Bright White
Kelsey73 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #24
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 44,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey73

Send me where you're at in VA.
Passing through?
__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR's - Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils - custom length X-Factor arms - Synergy steering -Rancho 5000X shocks - Adams front driveshaft - Ether LED headlights.

My 2007 2 Door Build

General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here

Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
Kelsey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10

Passing through?

I head down to VA once or twice a month.
__________________
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara- Bright White
Kelsey73 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #26
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 44,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey73

I head down to VA once or twice a month.
Hey Willee
__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR's - Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils - custom length X-Factor arms - Synergy steering -Rancho 5000X shocks - Adams front driveshaft - Ether LED headlights.

My 2007 2 Door Build

General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here

Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #27
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
kbwwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,286
I'll be there for week in April.

See how it works?
__________________


"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
óJohn Lubbock
kbwwolf is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #28
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 44,412
Lol...

To wife

" ya... Um, we need to make a quick stop to install a lift on a jeep. Then to Disney"
__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR's - Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils - custom length X-Factor arms - Synergy steering -Rancho 5000X shocks - Adams front driveshaft - Ether LED headlights.

My 2007 2 Door Build

General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here

Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is online now   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
Kelsey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Lol...

To wife

" ya... Um, we need to make a quick stop to install a lift on a jeep. Then to Disney"
No it'll go more like I'll be back later.


Then when the call comes.... Oh yea about that I'm in VA installing a lift.

She will never suspect anything
__________________
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara- Bright White
Kelsey73 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #30
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
terminator012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nankipoo, Tn
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Lol...

To wife

" ya... Um, we need to make a quick stop to install a lift on a jeep. Then to Disney"
Isn't TN on the way to VA then on to Disney??

__________________
2003 TJ.Zone 3" lift, JKS 1.25 body lift and mml,33x12.50x15 Duratracs, Ace rails, KC lights.

2010 JKU 1.25 body lift, OME HD lift, JKS tracbars, AEV geometry brackets, Dick Cepek Torque wheels, 315/70/17 Duratracs

1997 TJ Zone 4.25 combo, 33x12.50x15 BFG T/A-KO
terminator012 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tera Flex Coil 2.5 Lift Question on JKU kenb1023 JK General Discussion Forum 34 01-03-2012 08:38 PM
3" BL and 4" Rough Country Lift on a YJ.. biggest tires? denisbaldwin YJ Tech Forum 4 12-29-2011 12:09 PM
3" Teraflex Lift on 2012 Unlimited X1JJR JK General Discussion Forum 3 12-25-2011 03:56 PM
Jk lift 3" or 4" WhiteRAVE JK Pics Forum 21 10-23-2009 07:42 PM
Anyone removed 3" body lift and replace it with 1"? islandmonkey TJ General Discussion Forum 7 07-31-2009 06:13 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC