NOTE: All of the issues I ran into w/ this install are likely my just not following directions correctly and I welcome anyone pointing out my mistakes. But, on the off chance that I'm in the clear, wanted to share what I did to help others.
All of my parts arrived today and I spent some time installing/removing/re-installing everything, trying to figure out the best way to mount everything in such a way that I was happy with the results. Figured I'd share them here in case anyone else is interested.
What I was working with:
TF Hinged carrier accessory mount - mounts to HD tire carrier to hold jack
TF Hi-Lift Rotopax mount - attaches to jack to hold a rotopax can(s)
1 2-gallon Rotopax gas container
2 Rotopax lox mounts - one to secure jack, one to secure gas can
The accessory mount attaches to the TF HD hinged carrier using 3 threaded holes in the carrier itself. Install was no prob.
The jack sits on the accessory mount and attaches via 2 bolts. One comes up through the base of the jack and the other goes thru the jack handle into a threaded hole in the accessory mount itself. This bolt isn't very high up on the jack so it does allow the jack to wobble some if you reach up and try to move it around. About 6 inches above this bolt is another threaded hole in the accessory mount that allows you to put a Rotopax lox mount through the jack handle and into this hole to secure the jack and it also makes the mount more solid.
Here's the lox mount securing the jack.
First thing I noticed was that the lox mount could be defeated easily by simply cutting through the threaded mount bolt (below)
My solution was to use a nut with a larger hole to server as both a spacer and to block access to the mounting bolt. (below)
Next I tackled attacking the rotopax mount to the jack to hold my 2-gallon gas container. Install was very easy and I was able to mount it in such a way that the bottom of the container sits right on topsof the lox mount on the jack which adds a bit more security. You can see this in the picture above.
Once I got the gas mounted, I realized that the 4 nuts that hold the lox mount on are completely exposed, thus defeating the purpose of the lox mount.
I thought about this for a while and came up w/ a solution. The bolts that hold the mount are flat-head and go into the square holes in the lox mount. The holes in the TF mount are round and too small. So I drilled the holes out to 5/16 and was able to reverse the bolts. At 5/16 the hole are still a bit too small but this works perfectly as once you tighten down the nuts, it sucks the bolts into the holes and holds them perfectly. In hindsight you could drill them out to just 1/4 and use a flat file to turn the holes into squares. The bolt ends stick out just enough that they barely touch the gas container when mounted, so I plan to trim about 1/8 off the ends just to be safe.
Here's a finished pic of the bolt head side now, with a crappy paint job applied.