Teraflex leveling overdone - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
Mowgli25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 316
Teraflex leveling overdone

I got a teraflex leveling kit put into my jku about 8 months ago. I put both spacers in the front and the single in the back. I like the height in the front but it has the nose up more than just leveling to the rear. With the puck kit from teraflex can I just add another spacer to the rear to raise it up more? I normally keep about 40lbs of stuff in the rear and a bike rack on the back and wouldn't mind it to have the rake again but still with a little bit of lift the pucks gave me.

__________________
Firefighter/EMT
Mowgli25 is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
gorillahydrographics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tucson, Az
Posts: 1,249

gorillahydrographics is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:04 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 82
Just an idea here but if you want to keep it cost affective and not have to cut things on the frame like with the JKS items mentioned ( The JKS do have finite adjustability though) You can go to TeraFlexs web page and order a pair of 1/2" front spacers and replace the top stacked front 1" spacer with the 1/2" spacer (put the 1/2" spacer on top) This will bring the front down a little and maybe make it even, but note you may end up with a small or very slight front rake. Measure things first and see if a 1/2" will do the job.

I did the 1/2" teraFlex rear spacers instead of the 1" and stacked the TeraFlex 1" and the TeraFlex 1/2" front spacers instead of the two 1" spacers stacked along with the TeraFlex 0" to 3" sway links on my 2014 Rubicon X. With the weight of the winch the Jeep pretty much sits level with about 1/8" front rake give or take. Also the lift was not to tall for the factory 32" tires

Every Jeep has there own personality with the same leveling kit. Some sit nose up, some a little nose down. Very few sit exactly level.

Take Care,
Bill G77
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	J 4.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	1021913   Click image for larger version

Name:	J 7.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	1021921  

Bill G77 is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:10 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Central Ca
Posts: 912
I put the performance leveling kit on and it sit's exactly from ground to bottom of fender 37.50 inches on every corner but the right rear which is 36.75 due to the gas tank. If your looking at the gap in the wheel well then it appears the front is sitting higher but it's just an illusion.
lando76 is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:58 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Buddylee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 49
Images: 1
I agree, I was looking at the leveling kit but from the pictures I have seen it brings the front up too much.
Buddylee is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:26 PM   #6
Resident Troublemaker

WF Supporting Member
 
Pressurized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 2,979
It is very difficult to use pictures to decide if you like or want a leveling kit.

As Bill said, every jeep is a little different. It can be what you have in it, but most often its that they all have different springs. And the springs have slightly different lengths (I think rates too but that's not confirmed). Mine has 16's in front and 59's in the rear... I just bought 18's and some Rubi take off shocks to balance mine out a bit since 19 is the longest front and 60 is the longest rear stock springs... So I am good in the back but not in the front on my Sahara.

You can look at the tag on your springs to see what you have.
__________________
2012 JKU Sahara - Hella ECE H4 conversion - Stock Tweeter Mod - Infinity 6032si - Subwoofer Mod - SWS

Lots of suspension parts here now, waiting on the springs from RK.

The Papa Smurf build begins in May. --- My Jeep makes me happy! You, not so much...
Pressurized is online now   Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
HK_Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ken Caryl Valley, Colorado
Posts: 2,371
How are you guys measuring? Center of wheel to fender?
__________________
2014 JKU Rubicon- all white with tan leather

LOD front bumper, AEV rear bumper, TeraFlex tire carrier, Shrockworks sliders, Method Standard wheels, 35" MTR Kevlars, Englewood driveshafts, Synergy 3" Lift, Rancho 9000XLs, Artec truss, Teraflex C-gussets, Grabars, HotHead Liners, MORE dead pedal, Tuffy underseat box, Uniden 520 XL, 10lb CO2 tank...
HK_Runner is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:21 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill G77 View Post
Just an idea here but if you want to keep it cost affective and not have to cut things on the frame like with the JKS items mentioned ( The JKS do have finite adjustability though) You can go to TeraFlexs web page and order a pair of 1/2" front spacers and replace the top stacked front 1" spacer with the 1/2" spacer (put the 1/2" spacer on top) This will bring the front down a little and maybe make it even, but note you may end up with a small or very slight front rake. Measure things first and see if a 1/2" will do the job.

I did the 1/2" teraFlex rear spacers instead of the 1" and stacked the TeraFlex 1" and the TeraFlex 1/2" front spacers instead of the two 1" spacers stacked along with the TeraFlex 0" to 3" sway links on my 2014 Rubicon X. With the weight of the winch the Jeep pretty much sits level with about 1/8" front rake give or take. Also the lift was not to tall for the factory 32" tires

Every Jeep has there own personality with the same leveling kit. Some sit nose up, some a little nose down. Very few sit exactly level.

Take Care,
Bill G77
very nice stance, is ther room to run 35's or just a 33?
__________________

2014 JK Willy's- Hyrdo Blue
2014 JKU Rubicon- Copperhead Orange
SHADYDC is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADYDC View Post
very nice stance, is ther room to run 35's or just a 33?
Thank you for the compliment,

I only did 1 1/2" in the front and 1/2" in the rear with TeraFlex spacers and TeraFlex 0-3" front sway links to give the factory 255/75/17 32" tires a little breathing room and level the Jeep up after adding the winch. I plan on leaving the factory tires on the Jeep making this set up a good choice.

I talked with TeraFlex and even with there regular leveling kit of 2" in the front and 1" in the rear (a 1/2" taller front and rear than I did) they say at max articulation angles some 33" tires not all will still rub. So to answer your question what I did will not work with 33" or 35" tires I would have had to go a little higher with the lift with those tire choices.

My goal was to make the Jeep work well, drive well and look good with the factory 32" Rubicon tires. My 2014 Rubicon X had good height and stiffer springs from the factory (factory tow kit installed). The Jeep still drives and rides really well. This Jeep is my daily driver and I was able to maintain my gas mileage with this set up.


Take Care,
Bill G77
Bill G77 is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:59 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
HK_Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ken Caryl Valley, Colorado
Posts: 2,371
Has anyone has problems with Teraflex polymer spacers? I just picked up two front 1/2 ones, and I hope they last. They just seem brittle but that may be a non-issue. I recently lifted and since I will not be running a tire carrier and maybe not even a heavy rear bumper (yet). However, I have a winch and bumper going on in front. I prefer a slight nose-down rake but not a massive rake.

Oddly, it looks level here but it is not. I will let the springs (Synergy 3") settle but have the 1/2 spacers handy for when I put the bumper and winch on- in the next week or so.

__________________
2014 JKU Rubicon- all white with tan leather

LOD front bumper, AEV rear bumper, TeraFlex tire carrier, Shrockworks sliders, Method Standard wheels, 35" MTR Kevlars, Englewood driveshafts, Synergy 3" Lift, Rancho 9000XLs, Artec truss, Teraflex C-gussets, Grabars, HotHead Liners, MORE dead pedal, Tuffy underseat box, Uniden 520 XL, 10lb CO2 tank...
HK_Runner is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:35 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_Runner View Post
Has anyone has problems with Teraflex polymer spacers? I just picked up two front 1/2 ones, and I hope they last. They just seem brittle but that may be a non-issue. I recently lifted and since I will not be running a tire carrier and maybe not even a heavy rear bumper (yet). However, I have a winch and bumper going on in front. I prefer a slight nose-down rake but not a massive rake.

Oddly, it looks level here but it is not. I will let the springs (Synergy 3") settle but have the 1/2 spacers handy for when I put the bumper and winch on- in the next week or so.


Have not had any issues with the 1/2" TeraFlex spacers so far. I think they are a harder more brittle feeling material because of them being thinner. I did put them on the very top when I did my front as listed above. The 1/2" TeraFlex spacer first then the 1" TeraFlex spacer followed by the factory isolator then I installed the spring, again I have had no issues as of yet. There are not many options out there for a 1/2" spacer other than the TeraFlex spacers, have not seen any others available other than the Yellow 10mm thick ARB, Old Man Emu ones.

Take Care,
Bill G77
Bill G77 is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:08 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
HK_Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ken Caryl Valley, Colorado
Posts: 2,371
Those are the only two I see- the Old Man Emu and Teraflex. I don't particularly like using spacers but will if the rake goes past 1 inch. Thanks.
__________________
2014 JKU Rubicon- all white with tan leather

LOD front bumper, AEV rear bumper, TeraFlex tire carrier, Shrockworks sliders, Method Standard wheels, 35" MTR Kevlars, Englewood driveshafts, Synergy 3" Lift, Rancho 9000XLs, Artec truss, Teraflex C-gussets, Grabars, HotHead Liners, MORE dead pedal, Tuffy underseat box, Uniden 520 XL, 10lb CO2 tank...
HK_Runner is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #13
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill G77 View Post
Thank you for the compliment,

I only did 1 1/2" in the front and 1/2" in the rear with TeraFlex spacers and TeraFlex 0-3" front sway links to give the factory 255/75/17 32" tires a little breathing room and level the Jeep up after adding the winch. I plan on leaving the factory tires on the Jeep making this set up a good choice.

I talked with TeraFlex and even with there regular leveling kit of 2" in the front and 1" in the rear (a 1/2" taller front and rear than I did) they say at max articulation angles some 33" tires not all will still rub. So to answer your question what I did will not work with 33" or 35" tires I would have had to go a little higher with the lift with those tire choices.

My goal was to make the Jeep work well, drive well and look good with the factory 32" Rubicon tires. My 2014 Rubicon X had good height and stiffer springs from the factory (factory tow kit installed). The Jeep still drives and rides really well. This Jeep is my daily driver and I was able to maintain my gas mileage with this set up.


Take Care,
Bill G77



Thanks for the info Bill. Your set up looks good. I've got the same jeep as you do. Right down to the color. Was wondering what your spring numbers are front and rear? To give me an idea of what mine would look like compared to yours. Thanks.
cda7333 is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:47 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 7,986
I have read a few reports of the 1/2" TF spacers breaking or chunking. Synergy makes nice ones in 3/4". Definitely nicer material then the TF ones.
jadmt is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:11 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by cda7333 View Post
Thanks for the info Bill. Your set up looks good. I've got the same jeep as you do. Right down to the color. Was wondering what your spring numbers are front and rear? To give me an idea of what mine would look like compared to yours. Thanks.

You have a cool Jeep my friend Lol. The front springs are 52126315AC and the rear springs are 68004258AA. My Jeep still has a very small front rake like mentioned above about 1/8" on level ground best I can measure, I am ok with that. Without the winch mounted that would be gone.

I hope this helps,
Bill G 77
Bill G77 is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:28 PM   #16
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill G77 View Post
You have a cool Jeep my friend Lol. The front springs are 52126315AC and the rear springs are 68004258AA. My Jeep still has a very small front rake like mentioned above about 1/8" on level ground best I can measure, I am ok with that. Without the winch mounted that would be gone.

I hope this helps,
Bill G 77

Yes indeed we both do. lol Thanks a lot for the info. Mine are 15's and 57's so should be really close to the way your's sits. Your X has a really good stance to it.
cda7333 is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Central Ca
Posts: 912
Hey Bill, what are you measurements from center wheel to bottom of fenders all four corners? Just curious what the height difference is between spacers and performance coils. Judging by your pics your back end looks about a half inch taller than my set up which I would now prefer.
lando76 is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by lando76 View Post
Hey Bill, what are you measurements from center wheel to bottom of fenders all four corners? Just curious what the height difference is between spacers and performance coils. Judging by your pics your back end looks about a half inch taller than my set up which I would now prefer.
Well I hope I measured to the same spot as you, here it goes. I measured center wheel to fender lip level with edge of fender looking straight at fender even with the point were the role starts.

My measurements are.

Driver front= 22 1/2"
Passenger front= 22 1/8"
Driver back= 22"
Passenger back= 21 3/4"

Also from the rock guards at each end if you measure front and rear to the ground. Both sides it averages 1/2" difference, lower on the front.


Hope this helps,
Bill G77

Bill G77 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC