These will fit right? - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
RBarker63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 240
These will fit right?

i have a 2011 JK sport with 2.5" RC lift, Nitto TerraGrappler 295/70 R17 will fit no problem right? I need to get wheels too, would 4.5" backspacing be good?

__________________
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
S Package
RBarker63 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
MTH
Jeeper
 
MTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,553
I don't think you'll have any problem with height, but that's a pretty wide tire (11.6").

No first hand knowledge on this, but I'd think you'd want no more than 4.5" of backspacing, which is basically like a stock wheel plus a SpiderTrax spacer. You may end up needing to do some steering washers too. I think you'll be alright though.

Surely there's someone else here who actually has this size . . . anybody?

MTH is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,914
I've got pretty close toit-at 11.5" installed and 33.2" tall-

LT295/75x16 Hankooks, but mine have pretty aggressive squared designed tread shape and I needed the 1.5" spidertrax adapters to clear the stock bumper (changed) and clear the swaybar and set exactly even with my new fenders--

It's never simple, you probably aughta take it a step at a time !!

It also depends on your use of the jeep, mine is 90% off-road--

Good luck

JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
RBarker63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX
I've got pretty close toit-at 11.5" installed and 33.2" tall-

LT295/75x16 Hankooks, but mine have pretty aggressive squared designed tread shape and I needed the 1.5" spidertrax adapters to clear the stock bumper (changed) and clear the swaybar and set exactly even with my new fenders--

It's never simple, you probably aughta take it a step at a time !!

It also depends on your use of the jeep, mine is 90% off-road--

Good luck

JIMBO
Thanx for the help, looks like I will need to take it one step at a time. What wheels did you go with jimbo?
__________________
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
S Package
RBarker63 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,914
Those are ProComp 8089 series 16x8" Extreme Alloy-


Quote:
Originally Posted by RBarker63 View Post
Thanx for the help, looks like I will need to take it one step at a time. What wheels did you go with jimbo?
I gottem about 1˝ yrs ago from 4wd.com and they were $129.00 bucks ea !



The proComps Extreme Alloys have a larger tire bead ridge and that makes a "busted" bead at low air pressure a little less likely-

JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
RBarker63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 240
I like those, I'm assuming 4.5" backspacing? I'm not the smartest when it comes to wheels, when it says 16x8 what does the 8 mean? Does that number depend on my tire size?
__________________
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
S Package
RBarker63 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,914
Yes 4.5" BS and 16x8" means the tire size is for a 16" diameter wheel and the 8" is the accepted wheel BEAD WIDTH mounting distance-


Quote:
Originally Posted by RBarker63 View Post
I like those, I'm assuming 4.5" backspacing? I'm not the smartest when it comes to wheels, when it says 16x8 what does the 8 mean? Does that number depend on my tire size?


I've been stuck with that ProComp design thru a couple of 4wd vehicles that match the trailer wheels-no biggee, thats just the way the cookie crumbles !!



JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
RBarker63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 240
So what decides the bead width? How do I decide if I want 17x8 or 17x9?
__________________
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
S Package
RBarker63 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:04 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,914
Either one will fit, the 17x9 will be a little wider,(1") mounted width, than the 17x8 and the 17x9 would be a little shorter mounted !!


Quote:
Originally Posted by RBarker63 View Post
So what decides the bead width? How do I decide if I want 17x8 or 17x9?
Whatever tire you decide on, will give the accepted mounting width range for the particular tire and for 33" tires the 8" width is the general choice for average traction/wear!!

JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
RBarker63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 240
Jimbo you are the real deal. Thanx for all your help
__________________
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
S Package
RBarker63 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,914
Heh Heh, thanx RB, just be careful with any mods you make to this JKU Jeep, because almost everything you change from stock, will either affect something else/change safety/jeopardize warranty/or, heaven forbid, make the last thing you just did--REDUNDANT !!


Quote:
Originally Posted by RBarker63 View Post
Jimbo you are the real deal. Thanx for all your help
Ain't it just GREAT ??

JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
RBarker63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX
Heh Heh, thanx RB, just be careful with any mods you make to this JKU Jeep, because almost everything you change from stock, will either affect something else/change safety/jeopardize warranty/or, heaven forbid, make the last thing you just did--REDUNDANT !!

Ain't it just GREAT ??

JIMBO
Yea and this JKU is making me broke... Great times haha

__________________
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
S Package
RBarker63 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC