I told my wife what I was planning to do back when you posted this and she surprised me with this before she left for work just a little while ago.
She grabbed the link after I showed her the thread and your pics and ordered it for me stating that she didn't want "junkyard parts" on the new Jeep.
I didn't bother arguing about the merits of re-use: she just gave me her blessing to do the mod!
(I also didn't tell her about drilling a hole for that wire and she didn't ask.)
I just got finished testing it, and it's awesome!
That strip of red down the middle is an additional line of that Scotch outdoor double-sided tape I added to the existing double-sided tape.
I plan on cementing a very short screw into each of the mounting holes and just using the tape for attaching it to the roof.
Gonna clean the mounting area with some denatured alcohol prior to mounting it. Hopefully I'll have a nice sunny day for it too.
That should ensure good adhesion to the roof.
My thinking is that if something hits it I'd rather it get knocked or broken off without it transmitting that shock onto screw mounts in the roof
I have long term plans to put a rack up there too, which should mitigate that hazard when the time comes.
So...my wife rocks! I've been very candid about that in the past, and will continue to be so in the future!
This mod will probably be done next month when I install the rest of the stuff I've been accumulating.