I have the 730 in my wife's 2010 JKU Sahara and the u connect works fine with my phone (set to priority 2) however, it doesn't seem to work with her phone (set to priority 1). It will work for a second or two of a call and then drop you. We both have iPhone 4's through Verizon.
If we are both in the Jeep, it will recognize and pair with my phone and not connect hers.
I have tried re-booting the phone, un-pairing it and then re-pairing it.
Any other ideas?
__________________ 2010 JK Unlimited Sahara MB 72 Wheels with 33x12.50R15 Duratracs
Teraflex 2" Leveling Kit
I would say if it works for your phone and not for hers then its an issue with her phone.. Make sure all the settings are the same on both.. try flipping the priorities.. try removing yours all together.
2014 JKR - Flame Red - Ordered - 2.10.14
2007 JK - Flame Red - Sold - 2.9.14
HAHAHA! I love the title of this thread! I have the same system and it drops my call all the time, takes for ever to connect, and never understands my vocal phonebook commands, no matter how clearly I speak. I had the entire head unit replaced by dealership and it is exactly the same as before.
I think the 730N is just a big piece of Sh*t as far as bluetooth goes. Its a bummer because I love the stereo.
2013 Commando Green JKU Sahara, Saddle Leather, 730N, Body Color Hard Top.
2006 Midnight Blue TJX, 33" BFG KM2 (sold).
1999 XJ 2 door (traded for TJ)
1994 XJ Sport (totalled)
1988 Wagoneer (Drove it till it fell apart. R.I.P Woody)
If you bought it last week, it should be up to date. The latest version for 730N is 2.136. To check your version, press the menu button, then go into System Setup and then System Information and it will display the version on screen.
Unfortunately I don't have much help for you on the problem as my iPhone 5 connects flawlessly and never drops a call. I don't have my wife's phone paired to it, but I know on my old 08 with the older generation 730, I tried to pair both and my wife's phone, even though it was lower priority would take over some times. I finally deleted it and it worked fine after that. Have you tried deleting your phone and seeing if hers connects OK then?
2013 JKU Sahara, Gecko Green, loaded up
10A Springs, Teraflex levling kit, 315/70/17 Duratracs, AEV Pintler wheels, front/rear bumpers and hood
Y-Guy, thanks for the compliment. I am just seeing this thread and I'll try to give a little help even though I have limited experience with the 730N radios.
You can go into the setting menu to check the SW version of the radio, if it's not 2.136 then call the dealer that you bought it from and ask them to update the radio SW for you. (I do believe that there is also a TSB for Apple issues and this radio). If the SW is 2.136, then continue with the steps below:
As mentioned by others, I would start off with a fresh beginning.
1) I would suggest deleting both phones from the radio (Uconnect) and Uconnect from both phones.
2) Reboot both phones by pressing both the home & power buttons till the apple appears. Then release them, the phone will now reboot.
3) We know that your phone work but hers is having an issue. So I would start with her phone, start the pairing session and place her phone in priority #1.
4) Now that only her phone is paired, try it out to see if it works ok. If it does, then I'd go ahead and pair you phone up then see if the system is working correctly or not.
5) If there is still an issue, try turning the BT off on your phone (outside the vehicle with the key off) then both of you get into the vehicle and turn the key on. Does her phone connect?
6) If her phone connects correctly, then what's happening is that your phone is answering the search that Uconnect does when the key is turned on faster than her phone. What happens when the key is turned on is that Uconnect will search for the priority #1 phone, if there is no answer, then it will look for #2 and so on.
I hope that this information helps. If not, then let me know and I will try to help more. Okay.
Originally Posted by Y-Guy
Member xsdbs really seems to know his stuff about the uconnect with various phones. You might search for past posts by him and check out the thread posted below. I've learned a lot reading his stuff.
I dropped a link in the other thread that you have on this forum.
umm, I just replied to your post without looking at the next post by jwilson. which is also the same thread that I referred to in the other thread.