Uconnect/iphone5 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 74
Uconnect/iphone5

Why is it that Siri and all of the other Bluetooth feaures work flawlessly on our 2012 audi and a 2013 Toyota yaris rental car but not in my new 2013 jk?

Does anyone know when Chrysler is set to upgrade uconnect to work with the iPhone s?

1happyathlete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
tovrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: orlando, fl
Posts: 43
its not just the iphone, its uconnect, mine has started dropping my phone connection a lot. mid song (song is coming from same phone) it will drop my audio and say 'uconnect is searching for phone to connect to, audio will be muted, do you want to continue?" for no apparent reason then immediately connect just to do it again a few minutes later, im really over it!

__________________
2014 JKU Sport Calico Black
tovrin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Scott in Houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston (duh)
Posts: 310
I have a 2013 and it works fine for me. I kinda hate the interface, but the connectivity is no issue for me.
Scott in Houston is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 74
Audio streams fine. Just can't use Siri or voice dictation. REALLY annoying, especially knowing it works fine on a 2012 audi and a economy rental.
1happyathlete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,682
There are a couple of reasons why the Uconnect doesn't work with SIRI, Visual voice mail or voice memos.
When you're in one of those features and have an incoming call, Uconnect doesn't get the correct BT message and time length of the message to display the "answer / ignore" message long enough for a person to accept the call. You can see there is an incoming call but no way to answer it. If you think to yourself "hey I can answer the call using the Uconnect button" and do that, then Apple drops the feature that you're in and then also send the call to your voicemail. You're pressing buttons and saying "hello, hello" and the other person isn't there. This whole time you're paying attention to the radio & the call instead of the road. This is a distraction and you could get into an accident. So Chrysler decided that until Apple (who has know about this problem since the 4S came out) makes a correction, then it will be a non supported feature.
It may work on other vehicles because the others may not look for the incoming call message from the phone. The BT specs aren't tightly regulated which lets companies interpret them as they please and how they think the spec reads or just not include certain specs. Uconnect is written to spec and works with a lot of phones, if there is a band - aid made for Apple, then it could cause issues with the many phones that it already works with.




Quote:
Originally Posted by 1happyathlete View Post
Why is it that Siri and all of the other Bluetooth feaures work flawlessly on our 2012 audi and a 2013 Toyota yaris rental car but not in my new 2013 jk?

Does anyone know when Chrysler is set to upgrade uconnect to work with the iPhone s?
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,682
Curious about what phone you are using. There are a few reasons why this may be happening.



Quote:
Originally Posted by tovrin View Post
its not just the iphone, its uconnect, mine has started dropping my phone connection a lot. mid song (song is coming from same phone) it will drop my audio and say 'uconnect is searching for phone to connect to, audio will be muted, do you want to continue?" for no apparent reason then immediately connect just to do it again a few minutes later, im really over it!
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,682
Due to the looseness of the BT specs, not all BT devices are written to the same SW or by the same company. Devices will be different from manufacturer to manufacturer and also by the customer (in this case, the customer is Chrysler, Ford, GM, Audi etc)



Quote:
Originally Posted by 1happyathlete View Post
Audio streams fine. Just can't use Siri or voice dictation. REALLY annoying, especially knowing it works fine on a 2012 audi and a economy rental.
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
tovrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: orlando, fl
Posts: 43
XS, you seem to be the local expert on this, we chatted in another thread about other issues, mine is the htc amaze, but the recent edition of the above mentioned issue also happens on my wife's galaxy s4
__________________
2014 JKU Sport Calico Black
tovrin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,682
tovrin,
Not an expert but learn a bit by mistakes I make and mess around trying to figure things out. I do however apologize, I don't keep notes about every issue that I try to offer help on or which forums that I am helping a person with an issue on. I try to remember them all (I roam around on about 8 different forums) but with work, family and life in general, I tend to forget sometimes. So I apologize about not getting back to you and the Amaze.
Quick question, Do you work on your own vehicle?




Quote:
Originally Posted by tovrin View Post
XS, you seem to be the local expert on this, we chatted in another thread about other issues, mine is the htc amaze, but the recent edition of the above mentioned issue also happens on my wife's galaxy s4
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #10
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 6
I was looking at installing Uconnect. Can you change the song via steering wheel controls or no?
DominicScott is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,682
yes, you can change tracks using the SWC buttons.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicScott View Post
I was looking at installing Uconnect. Can you change the song via steering wheel controls or no?
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
zak18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 116
When I try to stream music via Bluetooth through the uconnect on my iphone5 it sounds like its playing in fast forward.

Anyone else have this issue?
zak18 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,682
Only those that have a 2011 early built vehicle like yours is. There has been a TSB available for this issue since June 2011. It's TSB # 08-036-11 rev A.
If you'd like to perform the update yourself, you can by visiting my thread at the link below. There is a file location & the instructions for this easily applied Uconnect SW update.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/201...fo-186532.html



Quote:
Originally Posted by zak18 View Post
When I try to stream music via Bluetooth through the uconnect on my iphone5 it sounds like its playing in fast forward.

Anyone else have this issue?
xsdbs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
zak18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Only those that have a 2011 early built vehicle like yours is. There has been a TSB available for this issue since June 2011. It's TSB # 08-036-11 rev A.
If you'd like to perform the update yourself, you can by visiting my thread at the link below. There is a file location & the instructions for this easily applied Uconnect SW update.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/201...fo-186532.html
Thank you! I'll try it out.
zak18 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #15
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lee's Summit
Posts: 7
My 2013 works just fine and dandy with my i5.
__________________
2013 - Billet JKUR - Living the dream
2013 - Black JKU - Some upgrades with dog hair(totaled)
2011 - Sahara Tan JK - Modded and Sold
LSMizzou is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 07-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMizzou View Post
My 2013 works just fine and dandy with my i5.
Siri and voice dictation work via Bluetooth? Which radio do you have?

1happyathlete is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC