Update on ticking Pentastar..new head... - Page 12 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #331
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 771
Some ideas, since I placed an order at the begining of the month eta April. Hopefully it's sorted out by then, but:

1. Someone with media contacts needs to press Chrysler for a definitive answer. Instead of lavishing praise and reviews everywhere, someone with clout needs to press them whether this is a one-off issue or not. What exactly is it, a bad batch, a bad production run of a month or two etc. etc. etc. Pretty much all that's needed is a reputable outlet to contact them and simply ask 'what's the problem'

2. Anyone here with technical understanding and writing skills perhaps detail exactly what is being experienced and what was done to remedy it, culled form the various experiences in this thread other threads other forums. Short concise technical detailed explanation, that anyone experiencing this can print out and show it to the service manager at their dealership if they are getting the run around. Quick review talked about at first lifters now heads being replaced.

Hopefully if one above can be achieved two won't be needed but either way I'm seeing based on the chatter all over the show people showing reluctance to go a head with ordering a new 2012.

Maybe Pat can find out what's truly up through the back channels before the press does?

positrak is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:09 AM   #332
Jeeper
 
dimasin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sunny place
Posts: 33
Why blame Chrysler? Blame yourself for putting up with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overtrained View Post
I expected to get a piece of machinery that was mechanically sound for $30k. It's UNBELIEVABLE that you, service managers, services techs and the likes would think otherwise!
You have to set your expectations LOWER! If you were to buy Toyota or Nissan, you could expect that your good $30K will result in mechanically sound vehicle. That is why I would reserve for lemon law if I couldn't stand vehicle anymore. I have absolutely no brand loyalty. I ordered one and expect my JKU to perform as POS. If it does better, I will be happy. My choice of Wrangler was a potent V6, 6 spd transmission and color I like. If this will be genuinely bad I will exchange it for XTerra. I don't d!(k around with manufacturer - if I can't drive it, I'll get my money back. I had SAAB before, I know how incredible crappy electronics could be...

dimasin is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #333
Jeeper
 
Duffyc04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 327
My '12 rubi has got the same thing going with the ticking...it's not very loud but there....sounds like some of you folks are putting in serious time at/with the dealer trying to resolve. I can't afford to be going back and forth to the dealer if they tell me it's normal, I just don't have the time to fight that fight....guess I'll have to wait until some if these cases actually get solved first. Are we sure it's definitely s replacement head that is the cure?
__________________
2012 Wrangler Rubicon 2Dr, 4.10, Warn Elite Bumper, Warn M8000-S
Duffyc04 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #334
Jeeper
 
tropical36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 313
So, what's going on with the other vehicles that use the 3.6 Pentastar engine and why is the previous 3.8 called a van engine when the 3.6 is used all over the Chrysler lineup as well? In fact, we may be dubbing the Wrangler Pentastar, a Fiat engine, before long!
Chrysler Pentastar engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maybe the other vehicles are a little more insulated or otherwise situated in the vehicle, that this noise isn't as noticeable.
__________________

2010 Wrangler JKUSport Islander, 4WD Auto @ 3.73:1, Sahara wheels and Tires, Trailer Tow Group, Freedom Hardtop, air bag leather seats, Sirius Infinity and pushes a Motor Coach.
tropical36 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #335
Jeeper
 
Kelsey73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36
So, what's going on with the other vehicles that use the 3.6 Penstar engine and why is the previous 3.8 called a van engine when the 3.6 is used all over the Chrysler lineup as well?
Chrysler Pentastar engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maybe the other vehicles are a little more insulated or otherwise situated in the vehicle, that this noise isn't as noticeable.
I had a charger drive past the other day. Sounded worse than any of ours. I just think its how the 3.6 sounds.
__________________
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara- Bright White
Kelsey73 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #336
Jeeper
 
Duffyc04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 327
FIAT - Fix It Again Tony
__________________
2012 Wrangler Rubicon 2Dr, 4.10, Warn Elite Bumper, Warn M8000-S
Duffyc04 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #337
Jeeper
 
tropical36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffyc04 View Post
FIAT - Fix It Again Tony
You funny, but let's think about this for a minute, as there is no way any company that expects to make a profit and stay in business is going to make a different engine for every vehicle in their lineup. That was the old days and in fact GM got into trouble and lawsuits the first time they used a generic engine across the board. People were suing because they got a Chevy engine in their Pontiac or whatever. Immediately all the nomenclature was changed to cover themselves. Nowadays, there certainly isn't a model name embossed on the valve covers, either, which I think is what caused all the excitement in the first place with this. If so, that was gutsy and stupid, to say the least.
__________________

2010 Wrangler JKUSport Islander, 4WD Auto @ 3.73:1, Sahara wheels and Tires, Trailer Tow Group, Freedom Hardtop, air bag leather seats, Sirius Infinity and pushes a Motor Coach.
tropical36 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #338
Jeeper
 
Duffyc04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36
You funny, but let's think about this for a minute, as there is no way any company that expects to make a profit and stay in business is going to make a different engine for every vehicle in their lineup. That was the old days and in fact GM got into trouble and lawsuits the first time they used a generic engine across the board. People were suing because they got a Chevy engine in their Pontiac or whatever. Immediately all the nomenclature was changed to cover themselves. Nowadays, there certainly isn't a model name embossed on the valve covers, either, which I think is what caused all the excitement in the first place with this. If so, that was gutsy and stupid, to say the least.
I don't expect them to have different engines, I understand how it makes good business sense....I was just making light if the situation as my $33k coupe ticks away
__________________
2012 Wrangler Rubicon 2Dr, 4.10, Warn Elite Bumper, Warn M8000-S
Duffyc04 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #339
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,016
I dunno, man. My build date is 9/11. Sounds a little ticky but I'm not sure whether it's just normal noise. I see some folks getting really upset here, but I mean ... you've got at a bare minimum 4 years and 90k miles to worry about it. Just enjoy it! I love driving my new Jeep. If it needs a new head at some point, so be it. And if it makes it to 5 years or 100k without needing a new head, what's the problem?

I mean for me, if my check engine light isn't on and I don't hear anything really obviously wrong, I'm just going to enjoy my new Jeep. And I really, really, really am enjoying my new Jeep. Just sayin'.
i82much is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #340
Jeeper
 
tropical36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffyc04 View Post
I don't expect them to have different engines, I understand how it makes good business sense....I was just making light if the situation as my $33k coupe ticks away
Gotcha and I agree. In fact the more situations that they use any particular engine, the better it ought to be. Look at Chevy's 454. They even used it in a Corvette and it pushes my Motorhome along just fine also. Different tuning, gearing, etc., but still the same engine basically.
No matter, you should get what you pay for and I agree wholeheartedly.
__________________

2010 Wrangler JKUSport Islander, 4WD Auto @ 3.73:1, Sahara wheels and Tires, Trailer Tow Group, Freedom Hardtop, air bag leather seats, Sirius Infinity and pushes a Motor Coach.
tropical36 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #341
Jeeper
 
Mopar2Ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffyc04 View Post
FIAT - Fix It Again Tony
IIRC the Pentastar was being designed before FIAT was in the picture, originally dubbed the Phoenix.
__________________
2012 JK U R Crush (Specs in profile)
Pics: http://s1243.photobucket.com/profile/mopar2ya2/index
2006 GC(WK) SRT8 gone
1970 Charger R/T somewhere in pieces
Mopar2Ya is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #342
Jeeper
 
MarineHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
I dunno, man. My build date is 9/11. Sounds a little ticky but I'm not sure whether it's just normal noise. I see some folks getting really upset here, but I mean ... you've got at a bare minimum 4 years and 90k miles to worry about it. Just enjoy it! I love driving my new Jeep. If it needs a new head at some point, so be it. And if it makes it to 5 years or 100k without needing a new head, what's the problem?

I mean for me, if my check engine light isn't on and I don't hear anything really obviously wrong, I'm just going to enjoy my new Jeep. And I really, really, really am enjoying my new Jeep. Just sayin'.
Agree. "Pentastar -- Takes a licking and keeps on ticking."

Just kidding. Mine doesn't tick for now at 1.8K miles. Maybe it will later.
MarineHawk is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #343
Jeeper
 
JKWrangler2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Greensburg
Posts: 603
I'll put in my saturday afternoon $0.02....

Ordered the Jeep 09/16/2011. drove her home 10/12/2011. i'm too lazy and tired to go open the driver's side black door and hood... but, that said...

she ticks. always has. 5500k and climbing. running mobile1 since 3k. ...while in drive-throughs i wonder if this is what a model T sounded like... tick..tick..tick..

upon acceleration while operating... more pronounced after early morning cold starts... while accelerating.. and directly proportional to the RPM... i hear a light "exhaust leak" noise seemingly from the firewall/engine compartment area.

F

runs like a champ though! nice exhaust note too... :: sigh :: this is why i haven't been on the site for a month. finding out this crap!
JKWrangler2012 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #344
Jeeper
 
Duffyc04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much
I dunno, man. My build date is 9/11. Sounds a little ticky but I'm not sure whether it's just normal noise. I see some folks getting really upset here, but I mean ... you've got at a bare minimum 4 years and 90k miles to worry about it. Just enjoy it! I love driving my new Jeep. If it needs a new head at some point, so be it. And if it makes it to 5 years or 100k without needing a new head, what's the problem?

I mean for me, if my check engine light isn't on and I don't hear anything really obviously wrong, I'm just going to enjoy my new Jeep. And I really, really, really am enjoying my new Jeep. Just sayin'.
That's pretty much what I've decided, the noise is annoying bc I know it seems "irregular", but if it's not even throwing a check engine light I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. If something breaks it's on their dime anyway.
__________________
2012 Wrangler Rubicon 2Dr, 4.10, Warn Elite Bumper, Warn M8000-S
Duffyc04 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #345
Jeeper
 
Duffyc04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar2Ya
IIRC the Pentastar was being designed before FIAT was in the picture, originally dubbed the Phoenix.
Dude I know it was a joke
__________________
2012 Wrangler Rubicon 2Dr, 4.10, Warn Elite Bumper, Warn M8000-S
Duffyc04 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #346
Jeeper
 
JKWrangler2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Greensburg
Posts: 603
the door states 09/11 (birth certainly within the last two weeks of the month)

i even felt compelled enough to prop up the hood and give a listen.. as mentioned ticks, on both sides. slightly more noticeable on the drivers side. and may i reiterate that she ticks on both sides. .. but nothing that sounds out of the ordinary. many late engines tick, and perhaps the openness of the wrangler design allows more engine noise to escape.

i'm not denouncing anyone's claims of legitimate engine issues. however. i don't feel there's anything out of the ordinary with my engine. i will admit i run Lucas fuel lube once a month (every 1k miles) and mobile1..

RUNS LIKE A CHAMP

[someone mentioned a while back on this thread that they periodically smell diesel-esque odors. i noticed upon brief performance spirited driving... after i resume legal speed limits.. i sometimes get an exhaust oriented aroma.. catalytic converter burning up a bit?]

anyways. good luck pentastar JK owners. hopefully this "2011's TEN BEST" engine doesn't put the "un" in "JK"
JKWrangler2012 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #347
..shall not be infringed!

WF Supporting Member
 
Up Hill Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Up the hill, CA Northcoast
Posts: 4,666
Time to post this again.

The Date of manufacture (DATE OF MFG) of a Jeep is listed on the door jam sticker, right under the word "CHRYSLER".

The actual month, day, and hour of a Jeeps assembly is also encoded on the door jam sticker as "MDH"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Door Jam Tag.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	98064

The above example was assembled 072000 which is July 20th, 2011, at 00 hours.
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Sahara Tan
Auto
3.73


Up Hill Bill
Up Hill Bill is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:56 AM   #348
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 65
Well, off to drop my Jeep off for the fourth time. Today it is the cam phaser test. I hope it works since they cancelled my parts (Head, Valves, ets.) due to the long back order time. They are just throwing boogers at the wall now and see what sticks. When I get home I have to take the final step and notify Chrysler in writing of my issues and that I am seeking protection under the North Carolina New Vehicle Protection Law (Lemon Law). This just sucks!!!! My first Jeep since they got rid of the 4.0L and this is what I get. I'm hoping my dealership won't be a bunch of d***ks and just let me pick out another one around the same price and we keep on rolling but I doubt it is that easy. What can I say but, balls?!?!
__________________
2012 Unlimited Sahara
Cosmos Blue
2012 Overland Summit
Mineral Grey
1970 SS Camaro L34 (Real Big Block)
JeepInUse is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:39 AM   #349
Jeeper
 
DSmith1178's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 135
Ive been following this thread closely since it started and while im waiting for my 12 JKUR to arrive. Im used to the hemi tick as Ive owned a 5.7 1500 Ram for the past few years. It sounds to me that many are mistaking the normal fuel injector tick for something worse. Ive also saw some videos with the bad tick others have been describing. No doubt there that there is a problem with those. Chrysler has made over 1 million of these pentastars and im just reading about this problem as of recent. My buddy is also a mechanic at a local chrysler/jeep dealership. He has not had one 3.6 come in for this problem yet but has said he has read a bulletin from chrysler regarding cylinder heads but I repeat, his dealership has not seen 1 yet. Im not worrying yet because with one million engines out there this really does seem to a problem with a very small percentage of them. Ill try and see if my buddy can dig up any more Chrysler inside info.

Dave
DSmith1178 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:58 AM   #350
Jeeper
 
gmichael403's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Okrahoma
Posts: 32
I was told last Friday my head was defective and my dealer ordered parts. Monday (today) I would receive a call as to when the parts would come in and my jeep would be ready. I was told they were not on back order, but..then again...I really dont believe much of what they say. We shall see..looking forward to hearing from Chrysler today.
gmichael403 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #351
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSmith1178 View Post
... My buddy is also a mechanic at a local chrysler/jeep dealership. He has not had one 3.6 come in for this problem yet but has said he has read a bulletin from chrysler regarding cylinder heads but I repeat, his dealership has not seen 1 yet. Im not worrying yet because with one million engines out there this really does seem to a problem with a very small percentage of them. Ill try and see if my buddy can dig up any more Chrysler inside info.

Dave
Awesome. That's encourageing that they are on notice in writing considering many have gone in and the dealer pretends not to know anything.

Any chance your friend can snag a copy of that bulletin? Sanitize it of course, but contents and bulletin no.1 or whatever official designation it has. Whoever needs to could print it out and without having to refer to threads here of other people's problems, simply show it and say yo, cease pretending there is no problem
positrak is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #352
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 65
Jeep is dropped off, letter sent to Chrysler and the dealership is cool. They have a guy there that does all the buy backs and puts me into another Jeep. Just waiting on the official word from Chrysler now on go or no go for a new one. In NC they have 15 days after written notification to repair the vehicle, replace it or refund the purchase price. I was just told all parts are on back order way past 15 days. So I better start looking for another Jeep. I still love my Jeep and will get another. S**t happens, and I understand that. As long as they fix the situation I'm good
__________________
2012 Unlimited Sahara
Cosmos Blue
2012 Overland Summit
Mineral Grey
1970 SS Camaro L34 (Real Big Block)
JeepInUse is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #353
Jeeper
 
j0nx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NoVa
Posts: 848
I just don't see how they can lemon law this vehicle when there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it from a drivability standpoint other than a ticking which may or may not be a bad head and even if it is it doesn't affect the function of the vehicle for now. My dealers in my area would tell me to pound sand for something like this and then leave it up to the lawyer to prove there is a drivability problem which for now there doesn't appear to be. I don't know?
__________________
Natural Green 2012 JKU Sport with S Package | Freedom Top | Auto | Side Steps | Max Tow | Connectivity | Remote Start
j0nx is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #354
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nx View Post
I just don't see how they can lemon law this vehicle when there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it from a drivability standpoint other than a ticking which may or may not be a bad head and even if it is it doesn't affect the function of the vehicle for now. My dealers in my area would tell me to pound sand for something like this and then leave it up to the lawyer to prove there is a drivability problem which for now there doesn't appear to be. I don't know?
I don't see how they'll lemon law it either. I hope so for the sake of the OP they lemon law it, but doubt they will. Glad I was forced to wait, hopefully the 2013 is not much different and they iron these bugs out, and address the leaking roof issues once and for all. Fingers crossed.
demarpaint is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #355
Jeeper
 
Riccochet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Somewhere around Charlotte
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nx View Post
I just don't see how they can lemon law this vehicle when there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it from a drivability standpoint other than a ticking which may or may not be a bad head and even if it is it doesn't affect the function of the vehicle for now. My dealers in my area would tell me to pound sand for something like this and then leave it up to the lawyer to prove there is a drivability problem which for now there doesn't appear to be. I don't know?
There is an issue. Whether is affects drivability is moot. If you compare his vehicle to any new vehicle on the lot will you find an issue with the engine? Most likely. Have they had the vehicle 3 times or 20 days in the shop for the same issue without fixing it is what determines a lemon in N.C. After written notice from a lawyer they have 15 days to fix the issue. If they can't in 15 days it goes to arbitration where you have to plead your case to an arbitrator, your lawyer, their lawyer. You'll also present your vehicle to them with the issue as evidence. And, let me tell you, if you don't make it known that the issue is a potential safety concern to you they'll deny your case. On a buy back they'll refund your money minus the mileage you accrued via some formula. Even on vehicle replacement you still pay for the mileage.

I just went through this with my F150. It's a long, pain in the arse process.
__________________
ɹǝʌo ǝɯ ןןoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Riccochet is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #356
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 65
I'd say that if there isn't a trouble code being thrown, then nothing is wrong. I thought something was wrong with mine because of the loud ticking, but after going to the dealership and the service manager starting SEVEN other Wranglers and have each and everyone of them with the same tick, I backed off. Do some Jeeps have a problem with the head? Sure, and those are throwing trouble codes, but those that aren't are fine. The noise isn't the problem, the trouble code is. They all seem to tick, and some of them have had head problems, if every Jeep ticks then every one with head problems also ticks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
There is an issue. Whether is affects drivability is moot. If you compare his vehicle to any new vehicle on the lot will you find an issue with the engine? Most likely. Have they had the vehicle 3 times or 20 days in the shop for the same issue without fixing it is what determines a lemon in N.C. After written notice from a lawyer they have 15 days to fix the issue. If they can't in 15 days it goes to arbitration where you have to plead your case to an arbitrator, your lawyer, their lawyer. You'll also present your vehicle to them with the issue as evidence. And, let me tell you, if you don't make it known that the issue is a potential safety concern to you they'll deny your case. On a buy back they'll refund your money minus the mileage you accrued via some formula. Even on vehicle replacement you still pay for the mileage.

I just went through this with my F150. It's a long, pain in the arse process.
offcamber is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #357
Jeeper
 
tropical36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepInUse View Post
Jeep is dropped off, letter sent to Chrysler and the dealership is cool. They have a guy there that does all the buy backs and puts me into another Jeep. Just waiting on the official word from Chrysler now on go or no go for a new one. In NC they have 15 days after written notification to repair the vehicle, replace it or refund the purchase price. I was just told all parts are on back order way past 15 days. So I better start looking for another Jeep. I still love my Jeep and will get another. S**t happens, and I understand that. As long as they fix the situation I'm good
If you indeed find yourself in a position to receive a full refund and if it was me, I'd almost be inclined to buy an older one and then come back in a couple of years for the Pentastar and whatever other improvements there were by this time.
__________________

2010 Wrangler JKUSport Islander, 4WD Auto @ 3.73:1, Sahara wheels and Tires, Trailer Tow Group, Freedom Hardtop, air bag leather seats, Sirius Infinity and pushes a Motor Coach.
tropical36 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #358
Jeeper
 
pkmcd99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36
If you indeed find yourself in a position to receive a full refund and if it was me, I'd almost be inclined to buy an older one and then come back in a couple of years for the Pentastar and whatever other improvements there were by this time.
Never buy the first new thing, your bound to get these bugs for a year or two.
pkmcd99 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #359
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by demarpaint

I don't see how they'll lemon law it either. I hope so for the sake of the OP they lemon law it, but doubt they will. Glad I was forced to wait, hopefully the 2013 is not much different and they iron these bugs out, and address the leaking roof issues once and for all. Fingers crossed.
No leaks on my 2012. Bone dry and never garaged...sits through all the storms without issue. My motor has a slight tick, but no codes even when scanned. Coming from Toyota, my motor ticked from day1 and lasted over 100k before I traded it in, and even then it had no problems.
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon
Silver | 4.10 Gears | Hard Top | Connectivity | Remote Start

-Faulty driver side head replaced at 23,000 miles
-New AB head possibly faulty and being replaced at 29,000 miles
Rubicon_Jim is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #360
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 65
Well I'll see what happens from here. Being in NC under our laws it is easier then some states. The law states very plainly that it does not have to be a driveability or a safety issue. The air conditioner is even used as an example. Check it out before you assume that this issue isn't covered by our lemon law... Lemon Law

For those of you that think your engine should be ticking away just on one side and louder than the injectors sleep well Chrysler thanks you for being the silent majority. For those of you that have the drive to find the truth and demand satisfaction I thank you.

I plan to get another Jeep, but in the mean time I will not stand to have a $40K vehicle with an issue 902 miles into ownership. I will not stand having to take my Jeep in every other week to hear that it has an issue but we can't get parts. It is the principle of the matter at this point. I got a bad Jeep plain and simple. Replace it, fix it or give me a new one and I'm on my way with a smile.

If my dealer told me to pound sound I would reply with a hold squat let me get Chrysler on the phone. I look at it this way... Folks who sit back and say theirs ticks a little bit but it is okay are the same ones who would pay to reshingle their house and have it leak just to say that it is okay as it is just a little leak.

__________________
2012 Unlimited Sahara
Cosmos Blue
2012 Overland Summit
Mineral Grey
1970 SS Camaro L34 (Real Big Block)
JeepInUse is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How can you tell if your head or head gasket is cracked/blown? archt JK General Discussion Forum 5 10-19-2012 11:43 AM
Head Unit won't turn on anymore?? BlackMountain JK General Discussion Forum 17 05-15-2011 05:17 PM
Really bummed...cracked head? rospan TJ General Discussion Forum 5 04-03-2011 10:58 AM
I need a head... oops... a 4.0 head! kllrdana TJ General Discussion Forum 2 03-26-2011 04:36 PM
Head Unit Jacked!!! TJChris27 TJ General Discussion Forum 15 03-25-2011 03:20 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC