V-Led high power reverse lights - Page 3 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #61
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
cmaggi2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Prairieville, LA
Posts: 1,211
PM me price shipped to 70769.

cmaggi2 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #62
Jeeper
 
Medic005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 134
Images: 2
For $30, I might have to get these too. Been looking at options for better backup igniting.

__________________
2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - Red Rock Crystal Pearl
Kenwood DNX6180-HD Radio w/Rear Camera
Hardtop and Bestop Trektop NX
Stock Rims with BF Goodrich Mud Terrains
Rigid Duallys on SmittyBuilt Windshield Brackets
Rampage Recovery Front Bumper w/ Rampage Driving Lights
Medic005 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #63
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
cmaggi2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Prairieville, LA
Posts: 1,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic005 View Post
Been looking at options for better backup igniting.
Are you trying to start fires? I'm pretty sure I'll have to try this too. Lighting overall is very poor.
cmaggi2 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #64
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
AMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Near Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 289
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfire

Yes it is awesome to be able to see behind you at night like it is daylight. Less backing accidents that way. I flush mounted a set of Rigid Industries 65 degree lights in my factory lights and love them.

You can see the light output is incredible!
You wouldn't mind posting some close up pics of that would you? I bought the $30 eBay lights and while they are whiter light, I don't think they are that much brighter. The light is more focused and has less spill IMO. I would be interested in knowing more about how you did the Rigid's. Do they come on with a switch or when you are in reverse? What problems you encountered, detailed photo's etc. if you have some time of course.
AMangum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #65
Jeeper
 
IBgeocaching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Duluth MN
Posts: 218
I new I had seen Darkfire post on how he did his reverse lights. Finally found it via his profile and in his http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/mat...ld-160398.html
Page 5, post #124 & 125. Really like it. Very well done (heck jealous of his whole jeep).
IBgeocaching is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #66
Jeeper
 
Bourget117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMangum View Post
You wouldn't mind posting some close up pics of that would you? I bought the $30 eBay lights and while they are whiter light, I don't think they are that much brighter. The light is more focused and has less spill IMO. I would be interested in knowing more about how you did the Rigid's. Do they come on with a switch or when you are in reverse? What problems you encountered, detailed photo's etc. if you have some time of course.
I wonder if the ebay lights from the same seller that are 12 watts and no projector lens would be better for light output.
Bourget117 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #67
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
paleh0rse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourget117 View Post

I wonder if the ebay lights from the same seller that are 12 watts and no projector lens would be better for light output.
Hmm... I wonder what the beam pattern would look like without the projector lens.

Here's a link to those:
http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=110970660912
paleh0rse is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #68
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
paleh0rse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post

No need for adapters when you can just buy the correct 3157 bulbs. You can find em for less, just a quick ebay search.

2pcs 3157 3156 White CREE Q5 5W LED 12 5050 SMD Backup Light Bulbs w Lens | eBay

I have these in my JK and they are bright. They are not nearly as bright as those rigids in the above photos, but bright enough to see where I am backing up in pitch black darkness.
In for a pair, thanks for the link!
paleh0rse is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-24-2013, 12:17 AM   #69
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
AMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Near Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 289
Images: 1
http://tinyurl.com/bjmcle8

25 watt CREE led's. Anyone willing to try this pair and report back?
AMangum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #70
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
paleh0rse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMangum View Post
http://tinyurl.com/bjmcle8

25 watt CREE led's. Anyone willing to try this pair and report back?
750 lumens per bulb?! Jesus... if those things fit the housing, don't melt said housing, and also don't screw up the CAN BUS, they'd be the easy winner.

Someone needs to go for it! lol
paleh0rse is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #71
Jeeper
 
kramer2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleh0rse
750 lumens per bulb?! Jesus... if those things fit the housing, don't melt said housing, and also don't screw up the CAN BUS, they'd be the easy winner.

Someone needs to go for it! lol
It says not compatible with CANBUS, and recommends a load resistor installed with it. Darn :/
__________________
kramer2k is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #72
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Ltblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,015
How come some are selling for $29.99, others $18.99, even $129.00. If their all the same why are their pricing different?
Ltblue is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #73
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
paleh0rse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k View Post

It says not compatible with CANBUS, and recommends a load resistor installed with it. Darn :/
That may not be a problem since backup lights don't blink... but, I'm not positive.
paleh0rse is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #74
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
cmaggi2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Prairieville, LA
Posts: 1,211
I just installed the eBay reverse lights that celticsfan sent me. They are definitely brighter, but cant tell if it's usable light yet...the neighbor's house lights are on.
cmaggi2 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #75
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Ltblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,015
You guys are just gonna have to wing it. That's what I have been doing and I haven't hit or backup on anything, yet lol.. oh and did I mention my back tints are 5%)
Ltblue is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2013, 03:54 AM   #76
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
AMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Near Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 289
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltblue
How come some are selling for $29.99, others $18.99, even $129.00. If their all the same why are their pricing different?
They are not the same. The CREE Q5 led is a much brighter LED than the others. That last light linked appears to have them at the end and then around the sides. If you really want to geek out, candlepower forums will teach you all you want to know about lighting. I made the mistake of going there once and now I can't just buy any old flashlight any more. Same goes for lighting on my Jeep. It's a sickness really.
AMangum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #77
Jeeper
 
mhanksii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleh0rse View Post
2pcs 3157 3156 White CREE Q5 5w LED + 12 5050 SMD - BACKUP LIGHT BULBS w LENS
In for a pair, thanks for the link!
Can these be bought anywhere besides ebay? I did a quick google search and didn't find anywhere that sold in anything less than 20-50 pair at a time....
mhanksii is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #78
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
paleh0rse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanksii View Post

Can these be bought anywhere besides ebay? I did a quick google search and didn't find anywhere that sold in anything less than 20-50 pair at a time....
No clue, sorry!
paleh0rse is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #79
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Ltblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMangum View Post
They are not the same. The CREE Q5 led is a much brighter LED than the others. That last light linked appears to have them at the end and then around the sides. If you really want to geek out, candlepower forums will teach you all you want to know about lighting. I made the mistake of going there once and now I can't just buy any old flashlight any more. Same goes for lighting on my Jeep. It's a sickness really.
I see thanks for explaining, but because of what you said I am not going to the candlepower forum lol. I am also one of the guys that as soon as I start reading and learning, I will want the best.. and trust me I do not have the money to go into that right now
Ltblue is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #80
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
AMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Near Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 289
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltblue

I see thanks for explaining, but because of what you said I am not going to the candlepower forum lol. I am also one of the guys that as soon as I start reading and learning, I will want the best.. and trust me I do not have the money to go into that right now
Just stick to the flashlights section then. Those are a lot cheaper than the Jeep addiction.
AMangum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 12:53 AM   #81
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
paleh0rse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,118
Installed the eBay backup LED bulbs tonight... MUCH better than stock! Thanks for the tip!
paleh0rse is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 04:53 AM   #82
Jeeper
 
Bourget117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleh0rse
Installed the eBay backup LED bulbs tonight... MUCH better than stock! Thanks for the tip!
Which eBay lights did you go for? With or without the projector lens?
Bourget117 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #83
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
paleh0rse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourget117 View Post

Which eBay lights did you go for? With or without the projector lens?
With.... still waiting to see someone test the ones without. We need a guinea pig, but that ain't me this time. lol
paleh0rse is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-02-2013, 07:04 AM   #84
Jeeper
 
Red Belly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: N. Idaho
Posts: 392
http://autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm

Has anyone seen these? The dealer advised the 22 watt with 2x5 watts forward facing LED's. ( the second one down the list )
__________________


Mike D.
Red Belly is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #85
Jeeper
 
MrAugie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 274
Images: 2
I got some eBay lights listed earlier in this thread. I didn't see any protector just plug them in. I don't leave the reverse lights on long enough to heat up but I guess I'll get my heat sensor out and check it out.
__________________
2012 JKUR Flame Red
MrAugie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #86
Jeeper
 
n3tfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 1,262
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/wha...ml#post3309922

Installed mine last night. The amount of usable light is not as good as I'd hoped, but it is brighter.
n3tfury is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #87
Jeeper
 
MrAugie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 274
Images: 2
So I guess I got the ones WITH the projector lens. I put the Jeep in reverse with the parking brake on and took some temp readings. Using a Raytek MiniTemp laser pointed gun, they don't heat up one bit. If fact, after two minutes of being on, they were cooler than the brake light section that was not on. FYI only.
__________________
2012 JKUR Flame Red
MrAugie is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #88
Jeeper
 
Paul04tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Shelby Twp. MI
Posts: 524
Images: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAugie View Post
So I guess I got the ones WITH the projector lens. I put the Jeep in reverse with the parking brake on and took some temp readings. Using a Raytek MiniTemp laser pointed gun, they don't heat up one bit. If fact, after two minutes of being on, they were cooler than the brake light section that was not on. FYI only.

How is the usable light? The pictures in the thread with the trash can says the can is about 5' back, yet the distance looks much more than that.
__________________
Bright White 2 door soft top 6 speed MOAB..
Paul04tj is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #89
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cypress, Tx
Posts: 18
Guys, I ordered a pair of the non-projector type mentioned in the thread. I'm the guinea pig... I'll let you know how it goes.

2X 3157 3156 White 12W High Power Samsung 2323 Car LED Light Bulbs DRL Backup | eBay
__________________
Brycero
Cypress, Tx
2012 Flame Red JKU Sahara
1997 Black TJ
brycero is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #90
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
paleh0rse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycero View Post
Guys, I ordered a pair of the non-projector type mentioned in the thread. I'm the guinea pig... I'll let you know how it goes.

2X 3157 3156 White 12W High Power Samsung 2323 Car LED Light Bulbs DRL Backup | eBay
Awesome!

paleh0rse is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC