Waiting on Trac-Lock and Sirius before buy. - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
silvrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 916
Waiting on Trac-Lock and Sirius before buy.

Well that blue sport I drove yesterday was the Jeep for me!

Deal was great,, better than great. I dont feel like I need to move on price anymore.

But it didnt have trac-lock or Sirius.

The other dealer has the same Jeep with trac lock and sirius. 6 miles on the Jeep.

They are beating the price of the Last dealer, and throwing more offers at me. 2 of which I said, you dont have too, the deal is sweet enough.

So latter today i will more than likely drive down and sign up for it.

Now I have dealer #3 calling wanting to beat them. Im not answering the phone anymore,,hahaha.

Im done. And rather drained. lolol

And I love new car shopping!

See you all around OFFICALLY soon.

silvrevo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,175
Great job. It will be great when you finally get it because you were a pain in the butt a few months ago when you were still debating whether to get one or not.

__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,914
-----"a few months ago" ?????

JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
silvrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 916
LOL guys,,,, now offical member.

gets del. on a flatbed to my house Friday.

lolol. Looking forward to the Jeep thing!
silvrevo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,175
Holy crap, I never heard of home delivery before. Congratualtions! Now you can officially start bitching about the engine, tranny, leaks, and all the other stuff you complained about.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Hexxum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 520
Images: 3
Why would you stop answering the phone? I would have kept answering the phone and eventually they may have upgraded you to a Rubicon. When I was buying my first car, I just kept telling the dealer that I was "just looking". I was serious to buy, but gave the impression that he didn't have me hooked yet. I got $1500 off of the car, new tires, and upgraded radio and speaker system (this is before the sirius days) and a $300 gas card. When I still didn't bite, they ended up throwing in free oil changes and tire rotation for the life of the car.
Hexxum is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexxum View Post
Why would you stop answering the phone? I would have kept answering the phone and eventually they may have upgraded you to a Rubicon. When I was buying my first car, I just kept telling the dealer that I was "just looking". I was serious to buy, but gave the impression that he didn't have me hooked yet. I got $1500 off of the car, new tires, and upgraded radio and speaker system (this is before the sirius days) and a $300 gas card. When I still didn't bite, they ended up throwing in free oil changes and tire rotation for the life of the car.
Yea, i'd never stop answering the phone. Remember, the salesman and dealer are never your friends, let them fight amongst each other until they all say "This is as good as we can get" Then choose...
Bennny is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2010, 09:13 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
silvrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 916
LOl,, well wait till I release the full details of this deal. Anyone on the fence out buying a 2010 JK sport. Ummmmmm do it.

And I didnt get death wobble, or an overheated tranny on my 30 miles test drive. Hard top didnt leak,, but it was sunny and 85 degrees out. So that might have played into it.
silvrevo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
wrangler0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrevo View Post
LOl,, well wait till I release the full details of this deal. Anyone on the fence out buying a 2010 JK sport. Ummmmmm do it.

And I didnt get death wobble, or an overheated tranny on my 30 miles test drive. Hard top didnt leak,, but it was sunny and 85 degrees out. So that might have played into it.
What are you waiting for??

Tell us the details!!!
wrangler0 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
silvrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 916
Ok, Its a lease. And this is a tuff lease crowd.

Free sunrider oem soft top.

Paying my last 2 payments of the bimmer. I of course still keep the car.

Paying 3 months of insurance on the Jeep. Since I will have 2 cars for 3 months.

Flatbed to my house. After they flatbed it to thier dealership for detail and pdi.

Dismount and remount of my 335i Runcrap tires for lease turn in.

0 down

no sec. dep.

$282 a month. All I paid was first month, signed papers. Was out in 45 mins.

And the $500 Jeep GC. Which I already have the 5" Garman already picked out.

Might get the tent too. Or the Open air element, Roll bar straps,or rubber floor mats.

Might look into the locking mopar gas cap. But I dont remeber if I read that those have issues? Have to check into it.

So deal is done , and I really look forward to enjoying this Jeep for the next few years!
silvrevo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2010, 10:47 AM   #11
Trail Mom

WF Supporting Member
 
Kate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Scotts Hill, TN
Posts: 2,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrevo View Post
Well that blue sport I drove yesterday was the Jeep for me!

Deal was great,, better than great. I dont feel like I need to move on price anymore.

But it didnt have trac-lock or Sirius.

The other dealer has the same Jeep with trac lock and sirius. 6 miles on the Jeep.

They are beating the price of the Last dealer, and throwing more offers at me. 2 of which I said, you dont have too, the deal is sweet enough.

So latter today i will more than likely drive down and sign up for it.

Now I have dealer #3 calling wanting to beat them. Im not answering the phone anymore,,hahaha.

Im done. And rather drained. lolol

And I love new car shopping!

See you all around OFFICALLY soon.
If you keep negotiating for the best possible deal, you'll have more money for mods and wheelin!!
I can't imagine telling someone to stop that the deal is "Sweet enough" if they are still knocking off $$$ from the price, then you're still paying too much.
__________________
06 Rubi with some sort of double ended, chrome knobbed, cross threaded, infinitely adjustable, frequently breakable, worn out flammywhammers zip tied onto it.
It used to be a jeep thing... til that sh!t broke!
Kate is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #12
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
If you keep negotiating for the best possible deal, you'll have more money for mods and wheelin!!
Neither of those are in his immediate future. He's just borrowing this Jeep. Instead of him owning the Jeep, Jeep now owns him. That deal sounds good "now", I just wonder what the "later" part is.

__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC