Warn elite series front bumper for the jeep wrangler jk - Page 3 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #61
Jeeper
 
Duffyc04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 327
Given that there isn't a winch delete plate, I'd venture to say no. At the end of the day, their bread and butter is selling winches, so it's only natural that their products would be set up to compliment that.

__________________
2012 Wrangler Rubicon 2Dr, 4.10, Warn Elite Bumper, Warn M8000-S
Duffyc04 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #62
Vendor
 
Warn Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Milwaukie, OR
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffyc04 View Post
So is my option then just to go unprotected? or will other skid plates attach to it?
I'm not sure; we haven't verified other manufacturer's skid plates with our bumper.

With regards to some of the other questions,

This bumper is intended to have a winch mounted in it. The plate is integrated into the bumper, and there isn't a cover or winch-delete option.

Also, we don't have a provision to mount a receiver to the bumper.

- Andy

Warn Industries is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-23-2012, 12:19 AM   #63
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 26
work with Factory Fogs?

Say, anyone tried this Warn Elite bumper out with the Factory Fog lights? Since they exist on my JK...I would want someplace to put them on a replacement bumper. Not that I am endorsing the idea of lights in a bumper...but...I have them already. :wavy: Thx...
canyonrat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #64
Jeeper
 
Duffyc04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonrat
Say, anyone tried this Warn Elite bumper out with the Factory Fog lights? Since they exist on my JK...I would want someplace to put them on a replacement bumper. Not that I am endorsing the idea of lights in a bumper...but...I have them already. :wavy: Thx...
I installed mine and used the factory fogs...Looks pretty good actually... I'll post some pics of it on later tonight or tomorrow...ill include some install pics too.

Love the bumper so far though...Got a warn M8000-S with it.
__________________
2012 Wrangler Rubicon 2Dr, 4.10, Warn Elite Bumper, Warn M8000-S
Duffyc04 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #65
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6
Got a new one for sale, if you're on south central Kansas / northern Oklahoma
acsteele is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #66
Newb
 
STLRubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffyc04 View Post
I installed mine and used the factory fogs...Looks pretty good actually... I'll post some pics of it on later tonight or tomorrow...ill include some install pics too.

Love the bumper so far though...Got a warn M8000-S with it.
Do you have those pics?
STLRubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #67
Jeeper
 
BakedInMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: St Paul Minnesota
Posts: 245
I ordered one today. Hopefully it will be in next week sometime, along with the Powerplant HP. I'll post pics when installed.

I went with no brush bar.
__________________
"You're more awesome than a monkey wearing a tuxedo made out of bacon riding a cyborg unicorn with a lightsaber for the horn on the tip of a space shuttle closing in on Mars while engulfed in flames."
BakedInMN is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 06-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #68
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NM - Land of Enchantment
Posts: 125
Does someone have the inside diameter of the fog cutout? I would like to put Hella 90mm fogs there (3.54")

PS - unable to open the pdf installation file from post 36 by Warn. Says file is corrupt.
__________________
09 JKU X. Sahara wheels/tires, Rubi rails, Synergy Suspension bolt replacement.
G-Mike is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #69
Newb
 
sftychic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manteca
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishinfool View Post
I think I got one of the first ones. Will try and figure out how to post pics. Had it for almost 3 weeks now and am happy with it. Not simple to put on though. Also got the warn fogs and a M-8000 winch.
I just installed this bumper. I also got the warn fog lamps but cannot for the life of me figure out how to install. I placed all wiring but cannot get the lights in the bumper. Any help would be great.
sftychic is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #70
Vendor
 
Warn Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Milwaukie, OR
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftychic View Post
I just installed this bumper. I also got the warn fog lamps but cannot for the life of me figure out how to install. I placed all wiring but cannot get the lights in the bumper. Any help would be great.
Give our Customer Service a call at 800-543-9276 and they'll work with you to get it right.

- Andy
Warn Industries is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #71
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern Michigan near the tip of the mit
Posts: 293
Hey Andy, how much room is there under the brush guard…can a pair of Hella Rallye 4000’s fit? I think their about 9.75 inches in diameter.
Thanks for all your answers in this thread.
Chris
__________________
2008 soft top, stick, in red
The problem with the world...too many nuts, and not enough squirrels!
Chrispy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #72
Jeeper
 
BakedInMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: St Paul Minnesota
Posts: 245
They do not sit flush with the bumper. They are recessed in the hole. They look weird when you install them (a lot of empty space between the bumper and light), but when it's all done they look pretty good.
__________________
"You're more awesome than a monkey wearing a tuxedo made out of bacon riding a cyborg unicorn with a lightsaber for the horn on the tip of a space shuttle closing in on Mars while engulfed in flames."
BakedInMN is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #73
rabbits eat lettuce

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
tabber02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: left coast, florida
Posts: 10,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakedInMN View Post
They do not sit flush with the bumper. They are recessed in the hole. They look weird when you install them (a lot of empty space between the bumper and light), but when it's all done they look pretty good.
pics?
__________________
-bob

2010 JK - Mountain Edition
i spend way too much money on it... that's all



tabber02 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #74
Jeeper
 
BakedInMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: St Paul Minnesota
Posts: 245
Here's a front and back Picture. Hope it helps :-)

(The mud is optional).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BackSmall.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	147798   Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontSmall.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	147799  

__________________
"You're more awesome than a monkey wearing a tuxedo made out of bacon riding a cyborg unicorn with a lightsaber for the horn on the tip of a space shuttle closing in on Mars while engulfed in flames."
BakedInMN is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #75
Jeeper
 
The General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfork22
I have the Warn Elite Bumper and the Warn 9.5 CTI-S Winch. Winch fits perfectly as I would expect.
How did u mount your lights?
The General is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #76
Jeeper
 
The General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfork22
I have the Warn Elite Bumper and the Warn 9.5 CTI-S Winch. Winch fits perfectly as I would expect.


Attachment 147837

Forgot pic...again, how did u mount these lights
The General is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #77
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 62
Which rear bumper is everyone using to 'match' this front.. I need one with a spare tire swing out.
JeepinGirl is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #78
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Buster3479's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Lafayete, IN
Posts: 212
When mounting the W350F into the elite bumper, can you tie it into the original fog light harness to use the pull out switch? It appears both the factory fogs, and the warn fogs are 55W, so the power draw seems ok.

Any other issues there? Has anyone done it here?

Sold a bunch of other toys in the garage that weren't getting used, and picking up a Warn elite w/ grillguard, 9.5cti, w350f kit, some crosby's, a treesaver, and a neoprene cover this Saturday. Will post pics after that and the TF perf leveling kit get installed. I'm thinking I have a full weekend of garage work lined up there, just need a weekend off and a buddy who can wrench some.

Oh, I have to hang a licence plate below the fairlead (thanks MD). Anyone know of a nifty flip out of the way bracket for this combo that's secure?
Buster3479 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-02-2012, 04:00 AM   #79
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
mcgee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 810
It took me 2 1/2 hours to install it alone if I had help maybe 1 1/2. You will need to cut the vacuum canister bracket to move it back it comes with another small bracket that bolts to the bumper. This is one of the easiest bumpers I have done. About my only bitch would be when tightening the factory fog lights they will move, wait until dark turn them on and adjust them when they are on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eepd6.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	165656  
__________________
2012 Sport Auto 3.73
ACE rock sliders
Eaton Tru-trac Front and rear
17 inch ATX Ledge wheels
285/70/17 Duratrac
Cheap is never a good thing when it comes to your Jeep
mcgee10 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #80
Jeeper
 
Lbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 591
Another question for Warn

Will this bumper work with the 2013 Rubicon? And what Warn mounting plate will work with the stock bumper and a VR8000-s?
Lbear is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-17-2012, 11:31 PM   #81
Jeeper
 
JKMigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bartlett, IL
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepAddOns-Chris View Post
Have sold five of them so far (best price out there btw) and they are drool worthy. Soooo much better than their old JK bumper IMHO.
tried looking up the warn elite bumper 87750 on your site couldn't find. how much you asking?
JKMigs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #82
Vendor
 
Warn Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Milwaukie, OR
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbear View Post
Will this bumper work with the 2013 Rubicon? And what Warn mounting plate will work with the stock bumper and a VR8000-s?
We haven't fit up a '13 model yet, but we assume there aren't any changes vs. the '12 models, so it should fit.

WARN mounting plate 88140 is what you'll need to mount the VR to a stock bumper.

Warn Industries - Mounting Systems: Winch Mounting Plates

- Andy
Warn Industries is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #83
Jeeper
 
Lbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 591
Warn- The Amazon page for this part says "This product does not fit your 2013 Jeep Wrangler." Before laying out that much money we need a definitive answer from Warn instead of "should." Thanks.
Lbear is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #84
Vendor
 
Warn Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Milwaukie, OR
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbear View Post
Warn- The Amazon page for this part says "This product does not fit your 2013 Jeep Wrangler." Before laying out that much money we need a definitive answer from Warn instead of "should." Thanks.
I completely understand you on the "should" aspect.

I just went and talked with the product manager, and he has not heard anything from Jeep about any changes that would affect the bumper fit. But until it's 100% verified, that's all I can say.

The reason Amazon says it won't fit a '13 is because we haven't supplied them information on whether it will fit or not. We hope to have '13 models verified soon.


- Andy
Warn Industries is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #85
Jeeper
 
SWAMP RAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warn Industries

I completely understand you on the "should" aspect.

I just went and talked with the product manager, and he has not heard anything from Jeep about any changes that would affect the bumper fit. But until it's 100% verified, that's all I can say.

The reason Amazon says it won't fit a '13 is because we haven't supplied them information on whether it will fit or not. We hope to have '13 models verified soon.

- Andy
I went to my local jeep dealership last week to see about ordering the mopar winch bumper for my 2013 Rubicon. The parts manager said they were having issues with the prior year bumpers not fitting properly on the 13's.
SWAMP RAT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #86
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: chicago
Posts: 707
That is one sexy bumper. My mind says yes but my wallet is thinking differently.
__________________
2012 Black on black JKU

285/65/18 Kumho AT with XD Rockstars
travis29 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #87
Jeeper
 
JKMigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bartlett, IL
Posts: 638
how hard is this to install? was going to have dealer install when they do my lift but they said 250 just for the labor!!! said it had to do with the hoses. help me out here. I am limited since i don't have a garage and I'm using my folks garage and tools.
JKMigs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #88
Jeeper
 
Lbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAMP RAT View Post
I went to my local jeep dealership last week to see about ordering the mopar winch bumper for my 2013 Rubicon. The parts manager said they were having issues with the prior year bumpers not fitting properly on the 13's.
I'm getting the LoD mid-width which they have installed on a lot of 2013 Jeeps according to them. He said the only issue is the vacuum pump which Jeep chose to hang off the frame rail near the front end. They have a bracket that moves it back (cutting part of old bracket off) but there are other relo brackets that move it to the engine compartment which involves cutting the bracket too but also alteration to hoses and additional wiring. It should have been in the engine compartment to begin with but the LoD solution is easiest.
Lbear is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #89
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 58
JKMigs
I wouldn't recommend trying to install it yourself. I did and it took a few hours (I posted my writeup on JK Forum).
The three hardest things are:
1) sawing off the vacuum reservoir bracket and relocating the reservoir. A regular hacksaw won't work; I used a keyhole saw with a metal blade and it took at least 20 minutes of sawing (but a small diameter grinder could do it in 2 minutes)
2) enlarging the slot in the frame to accept a large mounting bolt (and you need a 15/16" socket)- used a rat tail file and another 20 minutes (but the right grinding bit in a drill would help)
3) lining up the bumper and the 8 mounting bolts to hold the bumper in place- very difficult to difficult to do by yourself.

Getting the Warn 9.5cti mounting bolts into the 4 holes was another "don't do it by yourself" job- took a couple of hours because of the very tight tolerances

But the bumper is worth the effort if you want a full-width bumper and you intend to mount a winch
Grand Umpah is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 11:42 PM   #90
Jeeper
 
JKMigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bartlett, IL
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Umpah View Post
JKMigs
I wouldn't recommend trying to install it yourself. I did and it took a few hours (I posted my writeup on JK Forum).
The three hardest things are:
1) sawing off the vacuum reservoir bracket and relocating the reservoir. A regular hacksaw won't work; I used a keyhole saw with a metal blade and it took at least 20 minutes of sawing (but a small diameter grinder could do it in 2 minutes)
2) enlarging the slot in the frame to accept a large mounting bolt (and you need a 15/16" socket)- used a rat tail file and another 20 minutes (but the right grinding bit in a drill would help)
3) lining up the bumper and the 8 mounting bolts to hold the bumper in place- very difficult to difficult to do by yourself.

Getting the Warn 9.5cti mounting bolts into the 4 holes was another "don't do it by yourself" job- took a couple of hours because of the very tight tolerances

But the bumper is worth the effort if you want a full-width bumper and you intend to mount a winch
thanks for the 411. I am going to have the dealer do the install along with my lift. they said they would warranty everything if they do the install so ill just g that route.

JKMigs is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep Jokes jeeptales Off-Topic 39 07-24-2013 01:14 AM
First Pics 2012 COD MW3 PCBeachBum JK General Discussion Forum 24 09-02-2011 06:50 PM
1997 - 2006 Jeep Wrangler FRONT Track Bar (MOOG DS1235) 1ATony Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. 0 10-20-2010 10:01 AM
The 411 on the New 2006 Jeep Wrangler jeeptales TJ General Discussion Forum 16 08-15-2005 11:46 PM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.



Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC