What do you carry in your jk - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
littleb222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: WNY
Posts: 73
What do you carry in your jk

I did a search for ideas and no real thread (that I could find) about what safety equipment, survival gear, bug out bags lol ect. you guys and gals keep in the jeep.
For me its--- 122 piece first aid kit, jumper cables, recovery strap and tow rope, just ordered new 12v air compressor, good leather gloves, one of those survival blankets, good knife, couple mre's.. That's it so far...
I do 99% of my offroading on old logging trails, and I help my dad with firewood ect, so i am at times miles into the woods so i try to be prepared.. I plan for the worst to be safe...
What do you carry?? It is amazing how we overlook simple stuff sometimes until you need it...

littleb222 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Antonio_jku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 910
Programmer, fix a flat, wrenches, and my butt

Antonio_jku is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toledo
Posts: 723
I carry a 454 Casull...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxzy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #4
Moderator

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Sinister6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzy View Post
I carry a 454 Casull...
Compensating?
__________________
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of sheep.

MY BUILD: :
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f322/si...ad-235526.html
Sinister6 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 04:06 PM   #5
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toledo
Posts: 723
^^

Nope. It's the only gun I have : )
xxxxxxxxxxxxxzy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phila
Posts: 1,917
$1 store poncho's, couple of big plastic trash bags, duct tape, couple of screw type hose clamps, small set of tools.

If your carrying MRE's, then a couple of gallons of water.
sparky is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Dragonscape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Carolina; Rather be Florida
Posts: 384
Images: 1
Visa and AAA auto club
__________________
LATER
Dragonscape is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Tanks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: LA
Posts: 527
My day to day list is:

-x10 gallons extra gas
-Winch (controller stowed in center console)
-fire extinguisher
-installed CB radio
-handheld CB radio
-paper towell roll
-toilet paper roll
-Air compressor
-Air hose
-Tire inflator with gauge
-Small tire inflator
-Tire deflator
-Lug wrench
-Filler hose for jerry cans
-3 ratchet straps
-2 bungee cord
-1 tie down strap (blue)
-Receiver shackle
2- 5/8th shackles
-Split shiv rated for 8000#
-Locking carabiner rated for 8000# and steel cable
-20,000lb tow strap
-6000lb tow strap with hooks
-Jumper cables
-Folding shovel
-6dcell maglight
3- road flares
-All size fuses
-brush with hair ties around it
-Rain coat


Survival pack with:
-Mini blowtorch
-Matches
-Whistle
-33 piece mini 1st aid kit
2-plastic ponchos
2 -space blankets
-Tissue
2-food ration packs with 6 400cal bars per pack
-Dust Mask
12-4.225oz drinking water packs
-Small knife
-Needle and thread black and white spools

Forward courtesy pack with:
-j&j small band aid pack
-compass with mirror
-large knife
-tissue
-off bug spray
-spray on sunscreen
-lip balm sunscreen
-hand lotion
-deodorant
-wet ones pack
-kleenex moist wipes
-aloe vera
-hand sanatizer
-Advil
-Tums
-whisp toothbrushes
-chapstick
-tic-tacs
-floss
-AAA batteries

And then when wheeling I always have my craftsman mechanic's 156pc tool kit in my normal tool box with hammers and other pliers, electrical meter, and zip ties and tape as well as a full size shovel and ax. (PS just saw you asked JK and not jeep. I don't carry anything in my JK because I don't have one. Yet. )
__________________
It's hip to be square.

[_]lllllll[_]
Tanks is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 05:03 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
AverageJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,287
Images: 1
I carry nothing on the street since anything can be easily stolen.
__________________
2013 Moab
"Insert mod list here."
My Average JK Build Thread
My Jeep Profile
AverageJK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 05:29 PM   #10
A-14

WF Supporting Member
 
1Topp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BarkCamp Ga.
Posts: 1,436
Images: 73

Tools and Equipment
3/8 drive socket set, Metric, Torx and Standard.
Standard wrenches, 5/64 - 7/8.
Metric wrenches, 8 - 19.
Standard hex key set, 5/64 - 1/4.
Metric hex key set, 1.5 - 5.
Torx key set, T9 - T40.
Ratchet screwdriver.
Adjustable wrenches, med. and small .
Vise grips, small and large.
Rubber Hammer.
Two small pry bars.
Army Leatherman tool.
E-tool with case.
Folding four-way tire tool.
Jumper cables.
20 Foot tow strap.
100 feet 550 cord.
Ratchet tie downs.
100 mile an hour tape.
Vinyl tape.
Heavy duty zip ties.
Large pocket knife (Ralph Jr.).
Abrams Tank Knife.
Tire gauge.
Army cleaning brush.
Flashlight LED.
Air compressor AC/DC.
Hand vac DC . Fire ext.
Combat life savers bag.
10 feet of 1 inch webbing.
OEM tire jack and tool.
Lighters.
Plug gap tool.
Assorted spare Jeep parts.
6 foot tape measure.
Personnel Equipment
BDUís top and bottom.
Field jacket and gloves.
Tees, socks and UW.
TP, Soap, Wipes and DO.
Sleeping bag.
Nomax gloves.
Shoulder holster U.S..
DCU boonie hat.
Two 1 Qt. Army canteens.
Army goggles.
Platoon pendent.
Spare glasses and repair kit.
P38 can opener.
Army earplugs and case.
Army safety pin large.
Maps.
Suppressor Ear Protectors.
Bushnell 10x25 Binoculars with Camera.
Remington 870 Scout and 30 rounds.

__________________


A-14 Build
A-14 Profile
A-14 Pics
1Topp is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 06:59 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Mikel01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: St. Augustine Beach
Posts: 405
Images: 13
A can-do attitude. Semper Fi.
__________________
Moab with 33" Goodyear SAs, Warn Zeon. AEV bumpers, skid plate, suspension, tire carrier, hood, pintler wheels, water tanks, procal and mud flaps/cargo mat. Grill guard and KC Apollo Pro lights. Done for now.
Mikel01 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #12
Have More Fun

WF Supporting Member
 
dmauldin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Posts: 227
Sunglasses
__________________
olll*lllo bug season...
dmauldin is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mongolia
Posts: 99
I carry 2x .50cal machine gun and a safety cage, i am not shy showing it off for traffic police so to warn them that i mean business...
gantulga is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 08:15 PM   #14
NO MALLCRAWLER NO MORE!

WF Supporting Member
 
mommymallcrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 2,586
I am kinda with AverageJK. On the "street" I carry very little (flashlight, first aid etc). My trail bags have a lot more stuff that I take when I am going on a run. I don't see much use for a trail axe or air down tool going down Scottsdale Road to the mall lol!!!!!
__________________
Dear Newbies: Yes you "can" do a 5.5 inch lift and 37 inch tires - just like you "can" stand in the middle of a golf course during a lightening storm. Just because you "can" doesn't mean it's a good idea however.....
mommymallcrawler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
Jeepers17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Va. Beach, VA.
Posts: 35
Images: 3
I can appreciate some of these bugout vehicles but I carry a small towel to wipe off the water that leaks onto my radio.
__________________
2011 JKU - 3.5 inch AEV Dualsport SC lift, 33x12.50 Falken Wildpeak AT2's, 17x9 MT Sidebiters, Tramp Stamp, Stubby bumper kit, tinted all windows
Jeepers17 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
jaxs1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 258
An AXE
jaxs1984 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 08:32 PM   #17
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Bonecollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Conroe, Texas
Posts: 699
Hell my wife packs us when were headed to the bush and serious back country, she hasn't forgotten anything yet....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	overloaded-truck-funny-india.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	788985  
Bonecollector is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 08:35 PM   #18
NO MALLCRAWLER NO MORE!

WF Supporting Member
 
mommymallcrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 2,586
LOL! Is the whole house in there?
__________________
Dear Newbies: Yes you "can" do a 5.5 inch lift and 37 inch tires - just like you "can" stand in the middle of a golf course during a lightening storm. Just because you "can" doesn't mean it's a good idea however.....
mommymallcrawler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 08:52 PM   #19
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Bonecollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Conroe, Texas
Posts: 699
No that would be ridiculous, we travel lean and light...
Bonecollector is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 08:56 PM   #20
NO MALLCRAWLER NO MORE!

WF Supporting Member
 
mommymallcrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 2,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecollector View Post
No that would be ridiculous, we travel lean and light...
I take it you guys don't fly much?
__________________
Dear Newbies: Yes you "can" do a 5.5 inch lift and 37 inch tires - just like you "can" stand in the middle of a golf course during a lightening storm. Just because you "can" doesn't mean it's a good idea however.....
mommymallcrawler is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 10:40 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 739
A smile

A SMILE JUST A FUN RIDE.
firehawk is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-20-2014, 11:04 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
Gunner53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 186
Up front, a cheap pair of sun glasses and a seat belt cutting tool. In the back, I have jumper cables, flares, recovery strap, portable air compressor, tire gauge, and a dead on tool. I move my edc bag from vehicle as needed.
Gunner53 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-21-2014, 01:30 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
littleb222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: WNY
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
$1 store poncho's, couple of big plastic trash bags, duct tape, couple of screw type hose clamps, small set of tools.

If your carrying MRE's, then a couple of gallons of water.

I always bring water, but living in wny this time of year can not keep it in there lol it would be giant popcicle
littleb222 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-21-2014, 01:38 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
littleb222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: WNY
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanks View Post
My day to day list is:

-x10 gallons extra gas
-Winch (controller stowed in center console)
-fire extinguisher
-installed CB radio
-handheld CB radio
-paper towell roll
-toilet paper roll
-Air compressor
-Air hose
-Tire inflator with gauge
-Small tire inflator
-Tire deflator
-Lug wrench
-Filler hose for jerry cans
-3 ratchet straps
-2 bungee cord
-1 tie down strap (blue)
-Receiver shackle
2- 5/8th shackles
-Split shiv rated for 8000#
-Locking carabiner rated for 8000# and steel cable
-20,000lb tow strap
-6000lb tow strap with hooks
-Jumper cables
-Folding shovel
-6dcell maglight
3- road flares
-All size fuses
-brush with hair ties around it
-Rain coat


Survival pack with:
-Mini blowtorch
-Matches
-Whistle
-33 piece mini 1st aid kit
2-plastic ponchos
2 -space blankets
-Tissue
2-food ration packs with 6 400cal bars per pack
-Dust Mask
12-4.225oz drinking water packs
-Small knife
-Needle and thread black and white spools

Forward courtesy pack with:
-j&j small band aid pack
-compass with mirror
-large knife
-tissue
-off bug spray
-spray on sunscreen
-lip balm sunscreen
-hand lotion
-deodorant
-wet ones pack
-kleenex moist wipes
-aloe vera
-hand sanatizer
-Advil
-Tums
-whisp toothbrushes
-chapstick
-tic-tacs
-floss
-AAA batteries

And then when wheeling I always have my craftsman mechanic's 156pc tool kit in my normal tool box with hammers and other pliers, electrical meter, and zip ties and tape as well as a full size shovel and ax. (PS just saw you asked JK and not jeep. I don't carry anything in my JK because I don't have one. Yet. )

wow brother lots of gear, nice.. oh and i said jk just because i posted in jk forum, i still miss my tj, 4.0 could not be beat..
littleb222 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-21-2014, 01:40 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
littleb222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: WNY
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Topp View Post

Tools and Equipment
3/8 drive socket set, Metric, Torx and Standard.
Standard wrenches, 5/64 - 7/8.
Metric wrenches, 8 - 19.
Standard hex key set, 5/64 - 1/4.
Metric hex key set, 1.5 - 5.
Torx key set, T9 - T40.
Ratchet screwdriver.
Adjustable wrenches, med. and small .
Vise grips, small and large.
Rubber Hammer.
Two small pry bars.
Army Leatherman tool.
E-tool with case.
Folding four-way tire tool.
Jumper cables.
20 Foot tow strap.
100 feet 550 cord.
Ratchet tie downs.
100 mile an hour tape.
Vinyl tape.
Heavy duty zip ties.
Large pocket knife (Ralph Jr.).
Abrams Tank Knife.
Tire gauge.
Army cleaning brush.
Flashlight LED.
Air compressor AC/DC.
Hand vac DC . Fire ext.
Combat life savers bag.
10 feet of 1 inch webbing.
OEM tire jack and tool.
Lighters.
Plug gap tool.
Assorted spare Jeep parts.
6 foot tape measure.
Personnel Equipment
BDUís top and bottom.
Field jacket and gloves.
Tees, socks and UW.
TP, Soap, Wipes and DO.
Sleeping bag.
Nomax gloves.
Shoulder holster U.S..
DCU boonie hat.
Two 1 Qt. Army canteens.
Army goggles.
Platoon pendent.
Spare glasses and repair kit.
P38 can opener.
Army earplugs and case.
Army safety pin large.
Maps.
Suppressor Ear Protectors.
Bushnell 10x25 Binoculars with Camera.
Remington 870 Scout and 30 rounds.




Sorry cant type got drool on keyboard
littleb222 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
RoadiJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleb222 View Post
What do you carry?? It is amazing how we overlook simple stuff sometimes until you need it...
A garage door opener and the phone number to the AAA Roadside Assistance.
RoadiJeff is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
MedicalJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 95
I carry on the street

Towel, blankets, 4 way lug wrench, all stored under the seats.

Then I have a disposable camera, emergency blanket, workgloves, jumpers, tie down straps, poncho, dog leash, charger for my phone, earplugs, all locked in the storage areas.

I have a tiny led flashlight that plugs in and stays in he charger, it's about he size of a cigarette lighter and is pretty handy.

Then I have my small trauma kit with airway stuff, quickclot, iv supplies, gauze, some bandages, gloves, a few meds, and a few instruments.

I want to put together a tool set that I can leave in it, but haven't found a good way to lock everything up. I was thinking about the Jerry can tool box on quadratec. Anyone have ideas?
MedicalJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #28
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Springtail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 572
Mine is a work in progress....still checking out those little nooks and crannies for the perfect storage.

In the little "hidden" compartment....I have stowed my bare minimum pouch with batteries, knife, fire starting tools, and paracord. Also a small 1st aid kit.



My winter time emergency pack bounces between the cargo area and being belted into the back seat.



Also working on series of MOLLE racks for the JK (this is a series of work projects)....this one has a cubby up top that I can fit an ammo can into. works pretty well for holding my recovery equipment.



Doc
__________________

Springtail Solutions
MOLLE Storage Products for Off Road Vehicles

www.springtailsolutions.com


My J8 Military Style build
Springtail is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-21-2014, 04:01 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
littleb222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: WNY
Posts: 73
I guess i took for granted that folks live and work in areas where they may have their jeep broke into... I live out in country area where everybody has guns so I have never been robbed or had a vehicle broken into nor do i know anybody who has, easy way to die doing that lol... plus where i work guys sit in towers looking over the parking lot with AR-15's and shotguns so not worried there either.. :]
I see why some can not store stuff in their jeep, its a shame folks steal other peoples stuff, need more "attempted robber shot and killed by homeowner" headlines......
littleb222 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NW WA
Posts: 931
For DD around town just a couple of CO2 fire extinguishers, first aid kit, 4 way tire iron, tow straps, gloves and flares.

For extended camping and wheeling trips I carry more but not as much as some of my buddies.
Gravity filter, MSR chortabs and 3 collapsible 5 gallon containers instead of gallons and gallons of water for example.
Filter kit, 1 dirty water jug and 2 clean empty take up very little space and weigh almost nothing.

Found most of the stuff I used to carry just never got used and just cluttered up the back of the Jeep. High Lift, 5 shackles, 4 tow straps, tire chains, etc, etc. just lots and lots dead weight.

TrueNorth is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.



Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC