What is this part that fell off? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
MikeK46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,707
Images: 4
What is this part that fell off?

Found it on the floor behind the passenger seat. I poked around and couldn't find where it may have come from. The front seat still tilts and slides forward/back normally, and the rear bench still folds properly as well. However I'm wondering if safety or long term operation may be compromised with this piece missing. I'm puzzled where it came from and how/why it came off.

Thanks in advance!




__________________
12JK
MikeK46 is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
karencz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: stuck in Saint Louis
Posts: 375
Images: 8
I think it is a clip that the hard top bolts screw into. Goes on the underside of the lip in the back tub....

__________________
Fins Up!
---------------
2015 JK
karencz is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 178
Yep, it is
lokka is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 81
Like they said above it is the clip for the hard top. Mine fell out first time too, I just put the mounting screws back in them when the top is off and it holds them in place.
__________________
2012 Unlimited Sport Bright Silver
Magnum is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Blastek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,414
when i take the hard top off, i take the back two bolt mounts out and put them in the rear storage compartment. the others hold themselves in ok, but the two rear ones can fall out.
__________________
2012 Deep Cherry Red JKU Sport S - Tickastar, 6 speed, 3.73, Dual Tops
Blastek is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
BakedInMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: St Paul Minnesota
Posts: 250
I spent a few years in Korea/Thailand, I thought this was going to be a medical question. My Bad ;-)
__________________
"You're more awesome than a monkey wearing a tuxedo made out of bacon riding a cyborg unicorn with a lightsaber for the horn on the tip of a space shuttle closing in on Mars while engulfed in flames."
BakedInMN is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
MikeK46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,707
Images: 4
Thanks, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
Like they said above it is the clip for the hard top. Mine fell out first time too, I just put the mounting screws back in them when the top is off and it holds them in place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastek View Post
when i take the hard top off, i take the back two bolt mounts out and put them in the rear storage compartment. the others hold themselves in ok, but the two rear ones can fall out.
^^ That's a good idea, I'll do that. I was surprised that they're not actually attached to anything and are just wedged in there.

Thanks again!
__________________
12JK
MikeK46 is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
-JC-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wenatchee WA
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakedInMN View Post
I spent a few years in Korea/Thailand, I thought this was going to be a medical question. My Bad ;-)
That's funny, I don't care who you are.
__________________
'12 JKR
Metalcloak Duroflex 3.5"
OME shocks
35X12.5X17 BFG KM2 on Blackrock Vipers
Hardrock Front and rear full width bumper w tire carrier
M8000s winch
-JC- is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
mtbrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by -jc- View Post
that's funny, i don't care who you are.
+1000
mtbrider is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #10
LMH
Jeeper
 
LMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Noblesville
Posts: 210
See.. this is why I'm always on this forum. I got my question answered and I got
a good laugh.
__________________
FIRST TIME CALLER- LONG TIME LISTENER!
LMH is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #11
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK46
Found it on the floor behind the passenger seat. I poked around and couldn't find where it may have come from. The front seat still tilts and slides forward/back normally, and the rear bench still folds properly as well. However I'm wondering if safety or long term operation may be compromised with this piece missing. I'm puzzled where it came from and how/why it came off.

Thanks in advance!
Hilarious! I read this yesterday, thought 'hmm interesting' then when I got home tonight one was lying on the floor behind my seats LOL...that's why I like this forum, I get my questions answered before they need asking

NewJeepGirl12 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC