What mods are needed for 35s w/ no lift. - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-28-2013, 12:42 AM   #1
Jeeper
 
SLEIPNIR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
What mods are needed for 35s w/ no lift.

What would I need to cut, remove or add in order to pull off 35s while keeping the jeep as low as possible?

SLEIPNIR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 12:46 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Moose5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 547
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEIPNIR View Post
What would I need to cut, remove or add in order to pull off 35s while keeping the jeep as low as possible?
Would definitely need wheel spacers and trim the pinch seam... At least get coil spacers do get some clearance for the tires

__________________
BLACK 2009 SAHARA JKU

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
Moose5 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 12:54 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 4,716
Chopped or flat fenders for sure
Farnham21 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 01:05 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
SLEIPNIR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
Okay. Are the fenders and the pinch seam the only thing stopping a good flex with 35s on stock suspension?
SLEIPNIR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 01:20 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 4,716
There is no good flex on stock suspension. These are things that will prevent you from rubbing during full turns and large bumps. You will not be flexing like a lifted jeep just cause you have 35s. Tires don't max your flexibility better, shocks and coils do.
Farnham21 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 01:23 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
Mastermind171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 100
this is a silly thread. 35s can fit, but will rub on everything. You won't have any room for flexing.


If you want 35s, get a 2.5lift.
Mastermind171 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 01:24 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Hgarza3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 70
Stock with 35 no lift. Only rubbing Is when someone is sitting in the back and I go I've a bump. Getting a lift this weekend though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1779871200.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	228384  
Hgarza3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 01:26 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
Hgarza3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 70
^only mod is a stubby bumper without it I would rub like hell on full turn. With stubby bumper I have zero rub at full turn
Hgarza3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 01:38 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
SLEIPNIR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind171 View Post
this is a silly thread. 35s can fit, but will rub on everything. You won't have any room for flexing.


If you want 35s, get a 2.5lift.
Sorry for starting a "silly thread"

Seriously though, Thanks for the answers guys.

If I start chopping away the body, would that help, or is there just tons of other parts still going to get in the way? I'm willing to put money into achieving this, I am all for replacing the suspension if I have to, but I want to keep it at stock height.
SLEIPNIR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 01:43 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
SLEIPNIR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgarza3 View Post
Stock with 35 no lift. Only rubbing Is when someone is sitting in the back and I go I've a bump. Getting a lift this weekend though.
That's a nice looking jeep man
SLEIPNIR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 01:48 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 4,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEIPNIR View Post

Sorry for starting a "silly thread"

Seriously though, Thanks for the answers guys.

If I start chopping away the body, would that help, or is there just tons of other parts still going to get in the way? I'm willing to put money into achieving this, I am all for replacing the suspension if I have to, but I want to keep it at stock height.
You cannot keep the vehicle at stock height and ride 35s comfortably. There's your set answer. You will rub on bumps and unless your offroading on curbs at 1 mph you will run into serious problems. Your fenders will be toast. You will be rubbing like crazy against parts that honestly, you don't wanna rub against! If this is all for looks, blow 300-400$ on a cheap 2.5 lift and it will look and perform much better!! If on stock wheels, you will need SPIDERTRAX wheel spacers. This is the only brand you should buy do not cheap out on something that can easily kill you if they fail.
Farnham21 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 01:49 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
flyinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,360
From what I understand, flat fenders and wheel spacers should have you set. Metal Cloak makes a high clearance fender that you can supposedly run a 37 on the stock suspension if you really wanted to but they're not cheap and don't offer much coverage over the tire if you live in a State where that's an issue. You may or may not have to trim the pinch seam with 35's. From what I've read around here the issue seems to be more with if you have lifted and don't have adjustable control arms to re-center the wheels because the lift with factory CA's will pull the wheel towards the pinch seam.
__________________
2012 JKU Sport S in BFG:
Max Tow, LSD, M/T, Connectivity, Infinity, Hard Top, Step Rails
flyinion is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 01:56 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
SLEIPNIR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farnham21 View Post
You cannot keep the vehicle at stock height and ride 35s comfortably. There's your set answer. You will rub on bumps and unless your offroading on curbs at 1 mph you will run into serious problems. Your fenders will be toast. You will be rubbing like crazy against parts that honestly, you don't wanna rub against! If this is all for looks, blow 300-400$ on a cheap 2.5 lift and it will look and perform much better!! If on stock wheels, you will need SPIDERTRAX wheel spacers. This is the only brand you should buy do not cheap out on something that can easily kill you if they fail.
Right on. Thanks for the info. Guess its back to looking at 33s
SLEIPNIR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 02:06 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 4,716
Just get a lift not that big a deal. Teraflex makes a quality budget boost for like 400 or less. Or a kit with coils for 486
Farnham21 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 02:12 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
Hgarza3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 70
@sleipnier thanks man I'm no where near do e though. You got a pretty good looking rig yourself
Hgarza3 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 02:15 AM   #16
Newb
 
smeede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IE
Posts: 14
I'm running a Tera flex leveling kit, Ace flat fenders, my rims have 3.5" back spacing and Nitto trail grapplers 35". I did have to and 1" of bump stop to front and rear for clearance but didn't need to trim pinch seams.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1733462819.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	228402



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3310061140.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	228401
smeede is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 02:37 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
OffRoadCam09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeede
I'm running a Tera flex leveling kit, Ace flat fenders, my rims have 3.5" back spacing and Nitto trail grapplers 35". I did have to and 1" of bump stop to front and rear for clearance but didn't need to trim pinch seams.
This is pretty much your easiest way of running 35's an gettin away with it for the most part
OffRoadCam09 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
ilikeguns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 732
if your air dam is still on, you'll probably need to trim it. I'm running 35s with the TF leveling kit and the Pintlers (5.2"BS). I had to trim my flares but glad that I did!
ilikeguns is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
AeroSynch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 122
35s on stock suspension and Spidertrax spacers. For daily driving there was no rubbing anywhere.

I did lift it 2.5" with an AEV kit so I could flex off road though.



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1746060392.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	228430



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1046880731.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	228432
AeroSynch is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #20
Jeeper
 
chipmonk66gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 217
Just a question, but why do you want to keep stock height?
chipmonk66gt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Yucaipa
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeede View Post
I'm running a Tera flex leveling kit, Ace flat fenders, my rims have 3.5" back spacing and Nitto trail grapplers 35". I did have to and 1" of bump stop to front and rear for clearance but didn't need to trim pinch seams.

Attachment 228402



Attachment 228401
Looks great too.
highwayman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
SLEIPNIR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmonk66gt View Post
Just a question, but why do you want to keep stock height?
I have a really low clearance to get to my house. Regardless I think a low center of gravity couldn't hurt in the long run.
SLEIPNIR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
SLEIPNIR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeede View Post
I'm running a Tera flex leveling kit, Ace flat fenders, my rims have 3.5" back spacing and Nitto trail grapplers 35". I did have to and 1" of bump stop to front and rear for clearance but didn't need to trim pinch seams.

Attachment 228402



Attachment 228401
That look awesome man, nice rig.
SLEIPNIR is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroSynch View Post
35s on stock suspension and Spidertrax spacers. For daily driving there was no rubbing anywhere.

I did lift it 2.5" with an AEV kit so I could flex off road though.
looks nice!

paulrr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC