Why I love my JK and thoughts on the Jeep community.... - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
Official WF thread de-railer
 
Mr. Sinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fair Hill, Maryland
Posts: 3,706
Why I love my JK and thoughts on the Jeep community....

This is probably a pretty pointless post and has been beaten to death, but I wanted to share MY feelings about all the JK and JK hate that goes on around here. Feel free to comment, disagree or just ignore!!

I am a gearhead, always have been. I'm a hot rodder, but I have wanted a Jeep for a long time, since my first ride as a child in a top down, doors off CJ. I still remember it. Big tires, rusty chrome wheels, metallic brown paint, beat up tan vinyl interior. But I though it was the coolest thing to not only have the top off, but no doors!! For whatever reason, I just never pulled the trigger until recently. I was in need of a new daily driver and after the 12+ feet of snow we got in the area last winter, I figured maybe it was time.

I searched the area for a clean, used Wrangler, and found several. I was in the market for at least a 2000 and up. Didn't matter much to me, I just wanted clean, low mileage and not hacked on. I saw some good candidates out there, but for what I wanted, I was looking at $15k minimum. After running some numbers, I figured out it was actually cheaper with the Tread Lightly discount to buy new than lightly used, so I ended up with a 2 door 2010 Sport S. Auto, 3.73's and the Trac-Lok diff.

I love this thing, I'm angry at myself for waiting so long!! I have driven plenty of Jeeps as I've had friends who owned them, but I finally got one of my own. I love almost everything about it. My only gripe is it could use a bit more power, but then it is a Jeep, how fast do you really need to go in one? I have my 55 Chevy when I want to go fast, anyway. I drive this thing every day and I personally enjoy the revised interior and seats. Not that I wouldn't drive an older model everyday, but the creature comforts afforded in the JK are appreciated. I like the updated body, I like the factory 32" tires, I like the sunrider top and most of all I like that it's just as capable as the older models, but is a little more comfortable to live with every day. I took a trip up I-95 to my mom's house yesterday and cruised along at 65-70 mph with no trouble at all. It still rides a little rough on the concrete highway, but I'm OK with that since I can pretty much go anywhere I need to now. I'm not going to be doing any rock crawling or serious off-roading, probably just some trail riding and beach excursions. No, I bought a Wrangler because it's the most capable vehicle out there and it just made sense to have something that can take me where I need to go in just about any situation if the need arises.

Now, about the Jeep owner community. Since joining, I have formed the opinion that most Jeepers are really good folks. Some people are just malcontents and like to dump on anything and everything (like the JK) that they either don't have any experience with or just plain don't like. That's fine, but it doesn't make the JK any less a Jeep. It's not like the JK is a creampuff, it will still do what you need it to do. The 2wd models, yeah, I'll give you that they are lacking a big part of what makes a Jeep a "Jeep". While I love to see a lifted, modded Jeep more than a stocker, it's none of my damn business why you bought your Jeep or what you use it for. But, I am thankful that you bought it, because it helps keep the brand going. Like it or not, if the Jeep doesn't continually evolve, it WILL die eventually. So if 100,000 soccer moms buy a 4 door Unlimited or 2wd so Jeep can afford to offer the Rubicon, that's just fine with me. So maybe some of us don't want to dump a ton of money into mods, maybe some of us CAN'T dump a ton of money into mods, maybe some of us have other toys that we spend our money on first. So what? Every single Jeep on the road, every single Jeep sold, helps keep the Jeep alive. At it's very core, the Jeep is still what it's always been. It's just a little more user friendly for the uninitiated now.

So who are the real Jeepers? The guys with high dollar rigs that get driven every once and a while? Is it the guys who call themselves "purists" and complain about everything they find offensive with every new Jeep? Or is it the people who drive theirs every day, deal with the little things that would keep most people away from a Jeep, because we love the Jeep for what it is?

Anyway, I'll keep waving at every Jeep I see. I might miss a few of you every now and then, but it's simply because I didn't see you, not some elitist nonsense or snobbery. If you wave back, thanks. If not, no big deal. I didn't buy my Jeep seeking anyone's acceptance or approval.

__________________
SO MUCH EXCITE!
Mr. Sinister is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 11:21 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Kspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Asheboro, NC
Posts: 317
Amen!!

__________________


"It is what it is......."
Kspike is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
JIMBOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,914
--Man, ain't it great ??

JIMBO
__________________
"ya gotta have class"
JIMBOX is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
silvrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 916
G's Get a Room.
__________________
'12 JK
'11 ZX-10r abs
silvrevo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
The Bad Guy

WF Supporting Member
 
daggo66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 22,175
Is this a disguised wave thread? Don't get your shorts in a bunch when people put down the JK. I once owned a 1980 CJ7. You haven't seen uproar like when the Wrangler replaced the CJ. Softer suspension, wider track, lower clearance, and gulp, square headlights!

Then the TJ was scorned because it had coil springs. The YJ suddenly laid claim to being the only "true" Wrangler because it was the first. The JK is a different to the TJ as the first Wrangler was to the CJ, but in a good way. Everything got better!

There is also a small core group that is jealous. Some can only afford an older model so to justify their position they have to put down the new Wrangler. Some don't even think about what they are saying because they've been drinking the Koolaid. Just recently there was a thread in the TJ section bashing JK's. One guy was really getting on about how bad the V6 was. I looked in his sig and noticed he was driving a 2.5 4 banger!

Ragging on the new model has become part of the "Jeep thing". Take a t look at the new interior thread. everyone hated the JK interior because of the plastic. Now that they've updated it, everyone "hates" the new update.

The thing you need to realize is that deep down we are all family. If you get stuck, or broken down on the side of the road, you can rest assured that a CJ or wrangler will stop to help.
__________________
Tom

"I've got two things in this world, my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
daggo66 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
Official WF thread de-railer
 
Mr. Sinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fair Hill, Maryland
Posts: 3,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
Is this a disguised wave thread?
shhhhh!!!

i don't care, really, just voicing my opinions. see the last line of my first post.
__________________
SO MUCH EXCITE!
Mr. Sinister is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
aelwero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Bliss TX
Posts: 1,669
Images: 1
pffft... you wanna get hated on, buy a DJ automatic only, 2WD only, only got 5 slots on the front grill instead of 7, 5 gallon gas tank, 27 MPG, won't go over 50MPH (because the wind will blow it over, it would probably get upwards of 100MPH if I put a fairing on it or something)...and so on.

Yep... been part of the "that's not a real Jeep" club for years n years...
__________________
'71 DJ-5 (that isn't a typo)
'10 JKU Sport RHD

RHD... it's a jeep thing
aelwero is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
AirDWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sinister View Post




So maybe some of us don't want to dump a ton of money into mods, maybe some of us CAN'T dump a ton of money into mods, maybe some of us have other toys that we spend our money on first. So what? Every single Jeep on the road, every single Jeep sold, helps keep the Jeep alive. At it's very core, the Jeep is still what it's always been. It's just a little more user friendly for the uninitiated now.

Anyway, I'll keep waving at every Jeep I see. I might miss a few of you every now and then, but it's simply because I didn't see you, not some elitist nonsense or snobbery. If you wave back, thanks. If not, no big deal. I didn't buy my Jeep seeking anyone's acceptance or approval.
Furthermore, maybe some of us don't want to add a shiitte load of modifications. Maybe we'd rather spend more time off-roading than staring at our Jeeps while they sit up on a lift or on some blocks waiting for the completion of the next build. Maybe the reason why we got a JK is because it basically has everything most Jeep owners cry and moan about always having wanted to add to their older model Jeeps in the first place.

I have an Acura CL Type-S that's in need of a full tune in a couple of weeks so I can keep on maintaining an average of 140mph on those long distance road trips and win a few road course races.

I'm sorry but I can't be made to feel embarrassed about my JK because it has a dynamic, built in 6 CD changing Infinity sound system with satellite radio, full doors, painted fenders and power windows. Last time I checked, having modern conveniences sure as hell haven't slowed me down from ripping through the trails.
AirDWN is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 12:20 PM   #9
Official WF thread de-railer
 
Mr. Sinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fair Hill, Maryland
Posts: 3,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelwero View Post
pffft... you wanna get hated on, buy a DJ automatic only, 2WD only, only got 5 slots on the front grill instead of 7, 5 gallon gas tank, 27 MPG, won't go over 50MPH (because the wind will blow it over, it would probably get upwards of 100MPH if I put a fairing on it or something)...and so on.

Yep... been part of the "that's not a real Jeep" club for years n years...


you get a jeep wave!!

i think the DJ is cool because it's weird. unless you have a surrey gala or something, lol. the sliding door is just plain cool on the mail jeeps. a buddy has one that he's dropping a small block chevy in. did you know they had a electric version of the dj? Electric Jeep DJ-5E undergoing restoration in Canada — Autoblog Green
__________________
SO MUCH EXCITE!
Mr. Sinister is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
aelwero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Bliss TX
Posts: 1,669
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sinister View Post


you get a jeep wave!!

i think the DJ is cool because it's weird. unless you have a surrey gala or something, lol. the sliding door is just plain cool on the mail jeeps. a buddy has one that he's dropping a small block chevy in. did you know they had a electric version of the dj? Electric Jeep DJ-5E undergoing restoration in Canada — Autoblog Green
Jeep wave backatcha

I actually tossed my sliding doors in favor of some home brewed tubies... my wife took a turn a little too hot a few days after I got it and put her up on two wheels in traffic so I put a lot of work into lowering the CoG.. plexi windows, bottom only tube doors, some really thick sound deadening goop on the underside of the tub, a REALLY thick skid plate, and stuff like that It's become very CJ-ish other than the full non-removable lid and the whole RHD thing

And "wierd" doesn't even come close to summing it up when you go to autozone and tell them you need parts for a vehicle they SWEAR doesn't exist... When I was shopping for an HEI I kept rattling off random cars at them... HEI is a chevy thing, and they need a car type to get the part no. , and I didn't know what a 250 I6 came in, so I was rattling off impala, nova, chevelle, etc. and the clerk kept looking at me like I was crazy. finally got one, carved up a 4 cyl gear with an angle grinder a little, redrilled the spring pin hole and voila! double the gas mileage!

And if they ever figure out some lightweight car batteries, might will have a really good chance of getting converted
__________________
'71 DJ-5 (that isn't a typo)
'10 JKU Sport RHD

RHD... it's a jeep thing
aelwero is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 02:25 PM   #11
Official WF thread de-railer
 
Mr. Sinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fair Hill, Maryland
Posts: 3,706
__________________
SO MUCH EXCITE!
Mr. Sinister is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 02:34 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
EdJonesJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 1,005
Hey I like Jk's too!
Although they need to get rid of that traction control flamerjam that lights up when you get in the mud and won't pull the tires anymore. That safety control crap has no use in my Jeep but I've not seen anyone that's been able to disable it...

I'm jealous you guys can....
fit 35's on smaller lifts
and ...get a stronger d44 from the factory
get that sweet 3 piece hard top
quick disconnects
LIFETIME WARRANTY (Not sure how well that's really gonna work)
wider stance

but I'll keep my .... in line 6
ax-15
outside scratches and inside abuse
__________________
99' TJ Sahara d44 on 35's
EdJonesJeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
EdJonesJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 1,005
oh and by the way....

to many Jeeps in Asheville, NC no one waves but I have got a couple JK's

Usually only the lifted Jeeps and older cj's yj's wave around here. bahhh
__________________
99' TJ Sahara d44 on 35's
EdJonesJeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #14
Official WF thread de-railer
 
Mr. Sinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fair Hill, Maryland
Posts: 3,706
__________________
SO MUCH EXCITE!
Mr. Sinister is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: At home
Posts: 85
My first truck was a 1986 CJ-7 and I remember how those square headlights they stuck on the YJ really stuck in my craw. Not to mention all that computer stuff and the low ground clearance.

A few weeks ago I bought a 2010 Unlimited and I love it!

I guess everybody has to grow up sometime
Croakus is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern Nevada
Posts: 1,259
You ever drive by a dirt road and wonder "where does that go?" Or see a large mound or dirt/rocky hill and have a urge to dominate it? Well I can't help myself... so it only makes sense to own a Jeep so I can act on those impulses.
popstop785 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 03:47 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
aelwero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Bliss TX
Posts: 1,669
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJonesJeeper View Post
Hey I like Jk's too!
Although they need to get rid of that traction control flamerjam that lights up when you get in the mud and won't pull the tires anymore. That safety control crap has no use in my Jeep but I've not seen anyone that's been able to disable it...
I "soft" disable mine all the time (press the button)

Haven't done a full disable, and honestly I doubt I ever will. the "soft" disable has worked just fine so far for me.
__________________
'71 DJ-5 (that isn't a typo)
'10 JKU Sport RHD

RHD... it's a jeep thing
aelwero is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
EdJonesJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelwero View Post
I "soft" disable mine all the time (press the button)

Haven't done a full disable, and honestly I doubt I ever will. the "soft" disable has worked just fine so far for me.
Didn't think there was a button. My buddy's 09' I think was giving him a time. He had to put it in 4lo and I assume it disabled to get him out of the hole.

All you new guys and your buttons......
__________________
99' TJ Sahara d44 on 35's
EdJonesJeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
aelwero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Bliss TX
Posts: 1,669
Images: 1
ROFL... That's a whole other thread...

actually, a whole other subject area...

or heck, how about a whole other message board altogether...

DIY Electric Car Forums - Electric Vehicle Build and Conversion Community




A DJ5 is a good candidate for converting but I'd hafta go 4WD electric, and it would take a BIG battery pack, not only because you're pushing 4 wheels instead of just one, but you've also gotta get TO the trail, and I'm not big on trailering it out
__________________
'71 DJ-5 (that isn't a typo)
'10 JKU Sport RHD

RHD... it's a jeep thing
aelwero is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
aelwero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Bliss TX
Posts: 1,669
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJonesJeeper View Post
Didn't think there was a button. My buddy's 09' I think was giving him a time. He had to put it in 4lo and I assume it disabled to get him out of the hole.

All you new guys and your buttons......
There's a button for ESP... lets you spin the wheels and do doughnuts not so sure if you can turn off roll mitigation and/or hill assist, but the "lights up when you get in mud and won't pull the tires" is almost definitely the ESP, and on a "soft" disable, it will most definitely make a huge difference in mud... If you're an "I like to see how much mud I can get on it" guy, you figure that button out quick

haven't had a chance to try sand in the JK yet, but from what I've seen of it in action, I think it would go a LONG way in helping someone who doesn't have a lot of experience driving in it... seems like it would keep a lead foot guy going the "slow and steady" you need in deep sand
__________________
'71 DJ-5 (that isn't a typo)
'10 JKU Sport RHD

RHD... it's a jeep thing
aelwero is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
EdJonesJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 1,005
Right Hand Drive!!!!
I had to read the thread over again to figure out your RHD thing!
__________________
99' TJ Sahara d44 on 35's
EdJonesJeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
EdJonesJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 1,005
Wait why do you have a RHD? You a mail man or a die hard european living in OK?
__________________
99' TJ Sahara d44 on 35's
EdJonesJeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #23
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern Nevada
Posts: 1,259
You can fully disable the ESP by doin a steering wheel dance. Jeep added it to the owners manual as well. It's the only way to turn it completely off and for it to stay off. Pushing the button only turns it off partial and it will turn back to full when you start the jeep again.

I have mine full off and I wouldn't have it any other way. I like to have full control over my Jeep... And do the occasional donut
popstop785 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 04:36 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
aelwero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Bliss TX
Posts: 1,669
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJonesJeeper View Post
Wait why do you have a RHD? You a mail man or a die hard european living in OK?


Nope, and nope... It's a long story... I'll try to do the cliff notes:

2002 see a Jeep in the local paper for $400, had a CJ once, totalled it, and thought "hey maybe this is my come back Jeep"

Drove out to see it, and it's a 1971 DJ-5B. It was "stock" (*disclaimer: There is NO such thing as a stock DJ, they are by definition a frankenstein mishmash of parts from lord knows where) and I HAD TO get it. Yeah, it's a 2WD drive jeep, but how many people roll a DJ-5 down the road? And I'm a "macgyver gearhead" as my wife puts it, so the lack of parts is no issue at all for me (case in point... the "surge tank" radiator overflow bottle is an empty bottle of Gentleman Jack I had lying around... plumbed the lid, welded up a bracket, and bolted it on... MAJOR discussion point for anyone who sees it) built my own headliner, rear body armor plates, dashboard (diamond plate RHD dashboard... bet that's an original...), HEI, seat risers, and the list goes on a ways

7 years later... a few promotions, two more kids (total of four now), a little more "grown up" about things, and really just too old to be rollin around in a 2 seater (a back seat in a DJ is a ridiculous idea unless you know some ommpaloompas), and lookie! Jeep makes 4 door wranglers! Kid room! Sweet!

Visit the jeep web page... see RHD as a 4 door sport option and BAM! I don't have to learn how to drive again!

They're both RHD, they're almost identical in color (which is odd cause the DJ is rattle and spray...) and basically it's more like I just upgraded than replaced the DJ... (and I still have it... I keep thinking I'm gonna sell it, but I'm lying to myself, and I'll keep it forever...)


Shoulda seen the dealer... told him I wanted a right hand drive and he went HUH???? spent 30 minutes trying to get me to look at a rubicon, and I'm like no I'm not looking at it, Rubi's don't come RHD... why do I want to look at options I don't want? Came back out saying he can do a dealer swap, but the only ones he could find were white and silver... then the words "I don't care what color it is" came out of my mouth and the poor guy just sorta gave up talking me into anything at all and started looking for my Jeep

*whew*

Ok, now having said all that: I get asked this question at least 10 times a day... and that's NOT the normal answer... well, maybe if someone asks who's sitting in a Jeep... I did ask a guy in a TJ at a stoplight if he wanted to pull into a parking lot for the long version, and we did... but normally the "canned answer" is:

It's a Jeep thing
__________________
'71 DJ-5 (that isn't a typo)
'10 JKU Sport RHD

RHD... it's a jeep thing
aelwero is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #25
Official WF thread de-railer
 
Mr. Sinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fair Hill, Maryland
Posts: 3,706
i guess what i really want is for every person who has a problem with the jk or people who drive a jk to post pictures of their jeeps so i know who to give the finger to instead of waving.
__________________
SO MUCH EXCITE!
Mr. Sinister is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
EdJonesJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelwero View Post


Nope, and nope... It's a long story... I'll try to do the cliff notes:

2002 see a Jeep in the local paper for $400, had a CJ once, totalled it, and thought "hey maybe this is my come back Jeep"

Drove out to see it, and it's a 1971 DJ-5B. It was "stock" (*disclaimer: There is NO such thing as a stock DJ, they are by definition a frankenstein mishmash of parts from lord knows where) and I HAD TO get it. Yeah, it's a 2WD drive jeep, but how many people roll a DJ-5 down the road? And I'm a "macgyver gearhead" as my wife puts it, so the lack of parts is no issue at all for me (case in point... the "surge tank" radiator overflow bottle is an empty bottle of Gentleman Jack I had lying around... plumbed the lid, welded up a bracket, and bolted it on... MAJOR discussion point for anyone who sees it) built my own headliner, rear body armor plates, dashboard (diamond plate RHD dashboard... bet that's an original...), HEI, seat risers, and the list goes on a ways

7 years later... a few promotions, two more kids (total of four now), a little more "grown up" about things, and really just too old to be rollin around in a 2 seater (a back seat in a DJ is a ridiculous idea unless you know some ommpaloompas), and lookie! Jeep makes 4 door wranglers! Kid room! Sweet!

Visit the jeep web page... see RHD as a 4 door sport option and BAM! I don't have to learn how to drive again!

They're both RHD, they're almost identical in color (which is odd cause the DJ is rattle and spray...) and basically it's more like I just upgraded than replaced the DJ... (and I still have it... I keep thinking I'm gonna sell it, but I'm lying to myself, and I'll keep it forever...)


Shoulda seen the dealer... told him I wanted a right hand drive and he went HUH???? spent 30 minutes trying to get me to look at a rubicon, and I'm like no I'm not looking at it, Rubi's don't come RHD... why do I want to look at options I don't want? Came back out saying he can do a dealer swap, but the only ones he could find were white and silver... then the words "I don't care what color it is" came out of my mouth and the poor guy just sorta gave up talking me into anything at all and started looking for my Jeep

*whew*

Ok, now having said all that: I get asked this question at least 10 times a day... and that's NOT the normal answer... well, maybe if someone asks who's sitting in a Jeep... I did ask a guy in a TJ at a stoplight if he wanted to pull into a parking lot for the long version, and we did... but normally the "canned answer" is:

It's a Jeep thing



We're not worthy.. We're not worthy!!!!

You sir are a TRUE Jeep owner. I'm glad to have you in the family!
__________________
99' TJ Sahara d44 on 35's
EdJonesJeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
aelwero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Bliss TX
Posts: 1,669
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJonesJeeper View Post



We're not worthy.. We're not worthy!!!!

You sir are a TRUE Jeep owner. I'm glad to have you in the family!


dunno bout not worthy...

at the end of the day, it's STILL a 2wd Jeep

doesn't stop me from taking it to the dunes and launching it 5' in the air to see what breaks (I got a welder...), but 2wd nonetheless
__________________
'71 DJ-5 (that isn't a typo)
'10 JKU Sport RHD

RHD... it's a jeep thing
aelwero is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 07:00 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
csamn2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Peterson AFB CO
Posts: 1,911
Send a message via AIM to csamn2007
Tldr...
__________________
2000 Wrangler Sport
2 in Procomp SL 1 in BL
33 in Procomp MTs
csamn2007 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 07:00 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
aelwero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fort Bliss TX
Posts: 1,669
Images: 1
OOOOH!!!

can't believe it... I left out a good feature of my DJ that was also a good reason to get RHD on the new one...

drive through windows IN REVERSE! I've had people pull into parking lots to take my picture at starbucks
__________________
'71 DJ-5 (that isn't a typo)
'10 JKU Sport RHD

RHD... it's a jeep thing
aelwero is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
EdJonesJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 1,005

__________________
99' TJ Sahara d44 on 35's
EdJonesJeeper is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thoughts on Racism - was Jeep Sticker Thread AbbyK9 Off-Topic 221 04-11-2011 11:56 PM
Thoughts on this Jeep? B.A.T.J. TJ General Discussion Forum 27 08-19-2010 05:22 PM
Jeep Personality survey Screwjack Off-Topic 0 11-16-2009 09:47 PM
Hey Guys Just got back from the Fall Texas Spur! jeeptales On The Trail 25 10-10-2007 11:12 PM



» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC