Why rigid industries? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
123Jato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 388
Why rigid industries?

This is for their 50" led light bar: Why rigid when you can spend 1/3 on lets say lifetime leds? Just curious. I have rigid duallys but can't wrap my head around $1500 for one light when you can buy a similar light for $500

123Jato is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 01:02 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Yucaipa
Posts: 678
Honestly asking this question is the same as a Chinese winch owner asking a warn winch owner "why pay more for a Warn?"

You think the rigids are big bucks, you should check out Baja designs setups.

highwayman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #3
Commercial Member

WF Supporting Member
 
kappaknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,290
Is it the same? I'm not sure... but Rigid was the first to market and they had no competition so they could charge whatever they wanted as long as people paid. Now there are a number of competitors coming to market with a $500 price point for the 50". Is the quality better or worse? We may need more time to tell... but honestly if one takes their rig off-road and beat it to hell all the time, buying the most expensive mods may not make sense for all aspects of their Jeep.

On a side note, I bought an Engo winch and I LOVE mine. It unspools easy and have worked great at saving some butts. IMHO, Engo was the true winner of that winch competition, but Warn did sponsor it, so ultimately they "won" because they paid to win.

In this case, get what works for you. Expensive stuff do break as well... and if your $500 LED breaks, you can test out what customer service is really like for these companies or maybe just buy up to 2 more 50" LED's for the price of that Rigid.
__________________
2013 Commando Green JKUR
/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO
-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)
kappaknight is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
123Jato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by kappaknight View Post
Is it the same? I'm not sure... but Rigid was the first to market and they had no competition so they could charge whatever they wanted as long as people paid. Now there are a number of competitors coming to market with a $500 price point for the 50". Is the quality better or worse? We may need more time to tell... but honestly if one takes their rig off-road and beat it to hell all the time, buying the most expensive mods may not make sense for all aspects of their Jeep.

On a side note, I bought an Engo winch and I LOVE mine. It unspools easy and have worked great at saving some butts. IMHO, Engo was the true winner of that winch competition, but Warn did sponsor it, so ultimately they "won" because they paid to win.

In this case, get what works for you. Expensive stuff do break as well... and if your $500 LED breaks, you can test out what customer service is really like for these companies or maybe just buy up to 2 more 50" LED's for the price of that Rigid.
That is my thought process. Lifetime led claims to have a lifetime warranty so you should be covered there.
123Jato is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
123Jato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
Honestly asking this question is the same as a Chinese winch owner asking a warn winch owner "why pay more for a Warn?"

You think the rigids are big bucks, you should check out Baja designs setups.
While I understand your viewpoint. Lights are very different then winches. Lots of things can go wrong with winches because of mechanical and electrical parts. A light is a light. Why wouldn't it turn on when I flip the switch?
123Jato is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #6
302
Jeeper
 
302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Wetumpka, AL
Posts: 221
From your response in the prior thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Jato View Post
So why would anybody pay 1k more just to use 5.4 amps less? Am I missing something? Does the 6 amps less give you any advantage?

14.4A vs. 20A is a significant difference if you take into account wire standards and derating. Google search wire tolerances at different ampacities vs. heat. Heat will degrade the ampacity of a wire and ultimately cause it to fail. Therefore if you're making your own harness you have to take that into account.

Another factor is switching, the switches are rated at a certain ampacity also and one would have to take that into account also. Check this switch out: Rugged Ridge 17235.04 - Rugged Ridge 2 Position Rocker Switch - Quadratec
Manufacturer states 20A rating, but if you have a load that is going to in fact pull 20A that switch will get mighty hot after an extended period of use and probably fail.

As far as fusing just properly size the fuses and you'll be fine...

And to back up my claims... here is Rigid's wiring harness:

http://www.rigidindustries.com/insta...essories/40192

And here is Lifetime's harness:

Switch Kit

But does current draw matter? Nah, but if you're stuck with a dead engine and you're running off of battery power that's a whole new ball of wax!

Sorry, you asked for pros and cons, and I'm bored at work.
__________________
2013 JK Sport /CG/33" Duractracs/ProComp 7069's/Teraflex 2.5" lift/RK Lowers/ACE Rock Rails/Spiderwebshades/etc

And now the waiting game: JCR Stubby stinger, JCR rear bumper/tire carrier,warn powerplant...
302 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Scott2373's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Williamson, NY
Posts: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
Honestly asking this question is the same as a Chinese winch owner asking a warn winch owner "why pay more for a Warn?"

You think the rigids are big bucks, you should check out Baja designs setups.
Rigid's components (mechanical and electrical) are Chinese. They are not "made in America", they are assembled in America. Biiig difference. You can buy the exact same light elsewhere for a fraction of the cost, with the same quality.
__________________
2013 Sport in Commando Green
3.73 Gears, A/C, 6-Speed
/_|o[___]o
[I---L-OllllllO
-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)
MOLON LABE
Scott2373 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #8
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
PieFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2373 View Post
Rigid's components (mechanical and electrical) are Chinese. They are not "made in America", they are assembled in America. Biiig difference. You can buy the exact same light elsewhere for a fraction of the cost, with the same quality.
BOOM.

thats an answer that stopped me in my tracks.

My truck wears engo lights, and I LOVE them. They are just as tough. and boy do they turn night into day.
__________________
RIPP and MAG go head to head in...
JeepLab's SuperCharger Shootout
running now at jeeplab.com
coming soon....Prodigy Pentastar TURBO
PieFace is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
River Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieFace View Post

BOOM.

thats an answer that stopped me in my tracks.

My truck wears engo lights, and I LOVE them. They are just as tough. and boy do they turn night into day.
I have heard good things about ENGO.
River Hill is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Duramaxxed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hamptons, Long Island, New York
Posts: 1,181
It's all about Marketing.

Up until now, I've never heard of Lifetime LED's. Rigid, yes, they're everywhere.

I for one, have Drank the Kool-Aid and bought a Pair of Rigid D2's. Are they Bright? HELL NO!! They are nowhere NEAR the Brightness that they Look in the Pictures.

I then Bought the Baja Designs Squadrons. Are they Bright? HELL YES!! As Bright, maybe a Touch Brighter than HID.

1 Baja Squadron still Outshines TWO Dually D2's, BY FAR. It's not even Fair.

So where does my Money go now? To Baja Designs, and the China Man who I bought my 20" LED Bar from.

IMO, Rigid is WAY Overhyped and Overpriced for what you get. Save Money and Buy from the China Man or Spend a lil more and get Baja Designs and REALLY get what you Pay for.

Rant over.
__________________
'06 KJ CRD
'06 Ram 2500 Cummins
'07 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
Duramaxxed is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #11
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2373 View Post
Rigid's components (mechanical and electrical) are Chinese. They are not "made in America", they are assembled in America. Biiig difference. You can buy the exact same light elsewhere for a fraction of the cost, with the same quality.
Correct. Aurora is the company that builds lights with the exact same components. I have a suspicion that Rigid buys their circutboards from Aurora since Aurora actually builds their own circuitry.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Binx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: western mass
Posts: 399
I have the rigid 20" bar on my bumper. The fit and finish is top notch and every thing works well. Would I recommend it to someone looking for a light bar, probably not. My buddy has an eBay special 20" which he paid like 260 shipped and honest to God, I can't tell any difference between the 2. Except two to three times the cost. Maybe I need to mount it higher, don't know. But for the cost of the rigid, I expect to see way more than I do with it. One thing I can say though is rigids customer service is superb.
Binx is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
123Jato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 388
20" bar on amazon/eBay for $150. 1 year warranty. Can't really beat that. Or lifetime led for $250 and lifetime warranty.


This is rigid industries lifetime warranty:


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1892323417.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	283351

This is lifetime led warranty:
"We will replace or repair your light if any of the LEDs fail or if there is any defect in the lights, for as long as you own the light.. As an added bonus, if you order a light and do not like it, you have 7 business days to return it for a full refund plus we will pay return shipping (must be in original packaging, in new condition). Email info@lifetimeledlights.com with any questions you may have."

"Our warranty is what sets us apart from the rest. We believe that you are entitled to a great product, at a great price, without having to worry about it, ever. We have a LIFETIME warranty on the LEDs in our lights. No need to read fine print, or wonder what limited lifetime means."

I see no advantage of rigid. Overpriced and too much hype over them.
123Jato is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
HK_Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ken Caryl Valley, Colorado
Posts: 2,244
How long will that other company be around? I am looking for some offroad lights to mount on my bumper, so am starting to research lights.
__________________
2014 JKU Rubicon- all white with tan leather

LOD front bumper, AEV rear bumper, TeraFlex tire carrier, Shrockworks sliders, Method Standard wheels, 35" MTR Kevlars, Englewood driveshafts, Synergy 3" Lift, Rancho 9000XLs, Artec truss, Teraflex C-gussets, Grabars, HotHead Liners, MORE dead pedal, Tuffy underseat box, Uniden 520 XL, 10lb CO2 tank...
HK_Runner is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
LMT Rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 418
Wow! These could be the lights for me. I love the LIFETIME warranty

Any members here with the 50" light bar yet that can give us a review?
__________________
2013 JK Rubicon White // 6 Speed // 4.10 //
LMT Rubi is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Yucaipa
Posts: 678
From a recent post straight from the correct lighting forum for this stuff on WF::

I own a pair of both the Rigid Dually D2's and the Aurora competition. I did some testing with them.

1- Is there a difference between the two? Yes, there absolutely is, which tells me, something must be different in regards to parts.

2- Is it enough to warrant the extra cost of the Rigids? Depends on what you are looking for.

3- Warranty is a big issue as well. 1 year for the Aurora's vs more or less a lifetime on the Rigids. Had one go out, and Rigid sent me a new one, 2 years later, no questions asked.

Personally, I will purchase Rigids from now on. PM me your email and I will send you some comparison pictures. ::


I personally look for deals. When I came across a Rigid 50" and 10" brand new in the box for less than 1/2 off on RDC from guys who ran out of cash on their builds, I grabbed em.. The savings combined with no tax for a proven setup, it was a yes for me.

Rigids proven themselves with their product. Race desert guys beat the hell out of em for a long time here on the west coast and I haven't heard complaints. That speaks volumes for me. Best way I can think of to put it. You want a proven setup now from someone in the industry and will be around later? Rigid. U want unknown on your dime, go with the knock offs. There will be plenty of guys that will tell you step up and go with a proven setup like Rigid or Baja Designs(myself included). There will be plenty of guys telling you to go with knock offs (cause they did and the other guys are crazy paying so much). Really your wallet is the decider and Im sure you know the answer already.
highwayman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
mpjdrizzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chesterfield, Virginia
Posts: 141
Black Box Logistics

I'm really glad that someone else posted this thread! I've been very verbal in my support of Black Box Logistics every since I started using their products, and I've made a couple of posts on this forum. I have no doubt that Rigid Industries makes a fine product. That being said, I do work for a living, and I don't have endless amounts of cash to dump into mods (no matter how much I'd like to do so). I simply can't see spending that much money! My 5" RX LEDs were half the price of a pair of RI D2s! And I'm totally satisfied with their performance. Eventually I'll add some lighting to the rear of my rig, and once again I'll place my order through BBL
__________________
2013 Jeep JKU Sahara Gecko
6spd 3.73 TeraFlex 2.5" Lift Bilstein Shocks TeraFlex Complete Flexarm System (8) Currie AntiRock Sway Bar
WARN Rock Crawler Stubby Front Bumper with Grille Guard
WARN VR8000 Winch
mpjdrizzt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Metonymy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieFace View Post
BOOM.

thats an answer that stopped me in my tracks.

My truck wears engo lights, and I LOVE them. They are just as tough. and boy do they turn night into day.
But for the same wattage (120W), they only put out 7200 lumens vs. the 9600 lumens of the Black Box lights. And the BB lights are 1/3 cheaper.

And this is the problem... I've never heard of many of these "off" brands before, but some of their specs are fantastic.

....

*edit*

Looked at the Lifetime LED lights... they're only 100W and they make 9000 lumens, and they cost the same as the BB lights. Now that's getting pretty darn efficient. Not quite as good as the Rigid lights, but good enough to make the massive cost difference worthwhile.
Metonymy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #19
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
From a recent post straight from the correct lighting forum for this stuff on WF::

I own a pair of both the Rigid Dually D2's and the Aurora competition. I did some testing with them.

1- Is there a difference between the two? Yes, there absolutely is, which tells me, something must be different in regards to parts.

2- Is it enough to warrant the extra cost of the Rigids? Depends on what you are looking for.

3- Warranty is a big issue as well. 1 year for the Aurora's vs more or less a lifetime on the Rigids. Had one go out, and Rigid sent me a new one, 2 years later, no questions asked.

Personally, I will purchase Rigids from now on. PM me your email and I will send you some comparison pictures. ::

I personally look for deals. When I came across a Rigid 50" and 10" brand new in the box for less than 1/2 off on RDC from guys who ran out of cash on their builds, I grabbed em.. The savings combined with no tax for a proven setup, it was a yes for me.

Rigids proven themselves with their product. Race desert guys beat the hell out of em for a long time here on the west coast and I haven't heard complaints. That speaks volumes for me. Best way I can think of to put it. You want a proven setup now from someone in the industry and will be around later? Rigid. U want unknown on your dime, go with the knock offs. There will be plenty of guys that will tell you step up and go with a proven setup like Rigid or Baja Designs(myself included). There will be plenty of guys telling you to go with knock offs (cause they did and the other guys are crazy paying so much). Really your wallet is the decider and Im sure you know the answer already.
You are misusing the word knockoff. Other companies build LED bars as well. They are not knockoffs. Saying they are is like saying Philips is the only company making flat screen tvs and everyone is like Samsung is making knockoffs. Furthermore, rigid doesn't produce their wiring, the polycarbonate, their screws, their circuit boards, the LEDs and the housings. They only have a patent on the optics which indeed provides probably a 10% at best better spread but at more than 2 or 3 times the price. I own rigid and aurora led units and quality wise there is no difference. Saying their is a difference is pure fallacy. Rigid spends a fortune on marketing and sponsoring teams so your example of "guys in the desert running them" is also skewed. They were the first to mass market their lights and introduce LED lights to the offroad community. Since then, hundreds of other companies are making quality LED bars and rigid can no longer ride their reputation to warrant their prices. If they don't move with the market they won't last. Btw, rigid and aurora both have excellent customer service. I needed some parts for my aurora bar, and they shipped me a bag of parts, just so that I have spares, for free within 5 days.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #20
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metonymy View Post

But for the same wattage (120W), they only put out 7200 lumens vs. the 9600 lumens of the Black Box lights. And the BB lights are 1/3 cheaper.

And this is the problem... I've never heard of many of these "off" brands before, but some of their specs are fantastic.

....

*edit*

Looked at the Lifetime LED lights... they're only 100W and they make 9000 lumens, and they cost the same as the BB lights. Now that's getting pretty darn efficient. Not quite as good as the Rigid lights, but good enough to make the massive cost difference worthwhile.
Don't get hung up on lumens. It's an arbitrary number that means nothing, just like camera megapixels mean nothing. My $8000 SLR camera has 21.1 megapixels and the new Nokia cell phone has 42 megapixels. Which one do you think produces better photos? What's important is the throw, the spread, etc.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
mpjdrizzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chesterfield, Virginia
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metonymy View Post
But for the same wattage (120W), they only put out 7200 lumens vs. the 9600 lumens of the Black Box lights. And the BB lights are 1/3 cheaper.

And this is the problem... I've never heard of many of these "off" brands before, but some of their specs are fantastic.
In addition to the 5" RX LEDs on my A-pillars, I've got the BBL 20" on my hood, and either will absolutely bring daylight to the night! (Together they are Ridiculous!) Those "fantastic specs" are absolutely valid! I have no regrets using BBL!
__________________
2013 Jeep JKU Sahara Gecko
6spd 3.73 TeraFlex 2.5" Lift Bilstein Shocks TeraFlex Complete Flexarm System (8) Currie AntiRock Sway Bar
WARN Rock Crawler Stubby Front Bumper with Grille Guard
WARN VR8000 Winch
mpjdrizzt is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Yucaipa
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
You are misusing the word knockoff. Other companies build LED bars as well. They are not knockoffs. Saying they are is like saying Philips is the only company making flat screen tvs and everyone is like Samsung is making knockoffs. Furthermore, rigid doesn't produce their wiring, the polycarbonate, their screws, their circuit boards, the LEDs and the housings. They only have a patent on the optics which indeed provides probably a 10% at best better spread but at more than 2 or 3 times the price. I own rigid and aurora led units and quality wise there is no difference. Saying their is a difference is pure fallacy. Rigid spends a fortune on marketing and sponsoring teams so your example of "guys in the desert running them" is also skewed. They were the first to mass market their lights and introduce LED lights to the offroad community. Since then, hundreds of other companies are making quality LED bars and rigid can no longer ride their reputation to warrant their prices. If they don't move with the market they won't last. Btw, rigid and aurora both have excellent customer service. I needed some parts for my aurora bar, and they shipped me a bag of parts, just so that I have spares, for free within 5 days.
Nevermind
highwayman is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
Metonymy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
Don't get hung up on lumens. It's an arbitrary number that means nothing, just like camera megapixels mean nothing. My $8000 SLR camera has 21.1 megapixels and the new Nokia cell phone has 42 megapixels. Which one do you think produces better photos? What's important is the throw, the spread, etc.
Oh I understand. The underlying sensor has a ton to do with it. Just like the reflector in the LED housing. It can make tons of visible light, but if that light isn't "thrown" correctly, it's wasted.

I'm just comparing raw specs of the two. By no means am I implying that it's an all-encompassing overview.
Metonymy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
Metonymy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 View Post
But does current draw matter? Nah, but if you're stuck with a dead engine and you're running off of battery power that's a whole new ball of wax!
You better pray you're not using the stock battery at that point... they suck!
Metonymy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
lolpetewtf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sudbury, MA
Posts: 1,953
41 megapixel
__________________
2012 Cosmos Blue JK
Galaxy DX-99v2/Sirio 5000

S Package/Auto/Dual Top
Custom Stereo/20% Tint
lolpetewtf is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #26
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolpetewtf View Post
41 megapixel
???
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
???
Yep crazy that we now have cell phones with that pixel density or whatever.

I am also looking for lights and have been reading reviews all over the road on rigid. I want A pillar, bumper floods, and a rear light to go on the mast if the AEV tire carrier when I get it. This thread should help in that search.
Doctorsti is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
123Jato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 388
I bought the lifetime led 50" bar then canceled my order and used the money for a lift instead. They would be my first choice.
123Jato is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #29
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorsti View Post
Yep crazy that we now have cell phones with that pixel density or whatever.

I am also looking for lights and have been reading reviews all over the road on rigid. I want A pillar, bumper floods, and a rear light to go on the mast if the AEV tire carrier when I get it. This thread should help in that search.
I don't want people thinking I am knocking rigid or their quality or output. They are indeed excellent offroad lights. My beef with them is their pricing. Even counting the cost of employing Americans to assemble them, they still shouldn't cost 2 or 3 times the price of the competition. Perhaps they should cut back a little on sponsoring trucks and boats, and concentrate on selling as many units as possible by offering them at a competitive pricepoint. The aurora 50" bar is $548. The Rigid is $1500. They are built with identical components with identical quality. Would I pay a little more for rigid? Probably. Their optics warrant a bit more money. But $1000 more? No way.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 08-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
123Jato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post

I don't want people thinking I am knocking rigid or their quality or output. They are indeed excellent offroad lights. My beef with them is their pricing. Even counting the cost of employing Americans to assemble them, they still shouldn't cost 2 or 3 times the price of the competition. Perhaps they should cut back a little on sponsoring trucks and boats, and concentrate on selling as many units as possible by offering them at a competitive pricepoint. The aurora 50" bar is $548. The Rigid is $1500. They are built with identical components with identical quality. Would I pay a little more for rigid? Probably. Their optics warrant a bit more money. But $1000 more? No way.
I agree with you.

123Jato is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC