Wrangler 2012 - No heating in the back - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-01-2014, 10:04 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 15
Wrangler 2012 - No heating in the back

It's winter here in Quebec and I just went for a long drive with family during the holidays. People in back were freezing and we roasted ourselves I n the front to try to keep them warm. Did some googling and learn/realized THERE'S NO HEATING IN THE BACK OF JEEPS! I mean, I know it's a rugged vehicle and comfort is not what it is designed for but still! Anyway, I need suggestions to keep my passengers comfy in the future. Like a good 12 volts heater to put under the seats or something.

Bluegray38 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-01-2014, 10:10 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 150
Same problem here in my 2013 also, have our 15 month old son back there and a lot of blankets. Supposed to start getting colder here in the Midwest too. Couple of vents is too much to ask for back there?

__________________
2013 Rubicon.
Gary04Z06 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2014, 12:33 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
JTPhoto JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,009
Images: 3
Keeping anything under your seat stops warm air from blowing under the seat to the back.
Use dash vents pointed to the rear.
__________________
Jeff _(OIIIO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB, PitBull Rockers 35x12.50x17 on BlackRock Vipers, AEV Premium Bumper,
JTPhoto JK is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2014, 06:25 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
2013JKBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 258
Try running a cheap heater from the cigarette lighter, there are some defroster fans that you could mount under the rear seat to get heat back there. Just don't leave it on all the time and bake the kids
2013JKBulldog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2014, 06:28 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
WaltA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: 3rd Planet, Sol system
Posts: 1,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto JK View Post
Use dash vents pointed to the rear.
Be it for heat or cooling, that's what I do. I aim the two center vents to "shoot" air between the front buckets and into the back area.
__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
[All custom ordered, purchased new]
WaltA is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2014, 10:14 AM   #6
gbr
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
Be it for heat or cooling, that's what I do. I aim the two center vents to "shoot" air between the front buckets and into the back area.
That's what I do as well. We had -40 temps, and the kids were warm.
__________________
  • 2014 JKUR, Billet
    Heated Seats, Max Tow, Connectivity, 3.73, 430N
Love it!
gbr is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2014, 01:36 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
2013JKBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 258
That was just a suggestion, I too direct the vents between the bucket seats. The wrangler is so small inside that tends to heat it up enough .
2013JKBulldog is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
dama417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wausau WI
Posts: 174
I also use the dash vents, especially to heat cold hands. Didn't use them for a few weeks, then one cold day I opened them and turned the blower on high and got blasted with saflower seeds!! Dang mice.
We feed the birds outside, the mice bring the seed right back in the garage.
dama417 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #9
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto JK View Post
Keeping anything under your seat stops warm air from blowing under the seat to the back.
Use dash vents pointed to the rear.
This. Angle the vents towards the roof, and have the vents set to feet+face vents. Your passengers will cry from being roasted. I have a few complaints about the JKU, but the heater sure as hell aint one of em. It's like having a volcano under the hood. I should mention though, that I have the hardtop. I don't know how good the soft-top is at keeping the heat in.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2014, 01:49 PM   #10
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by dama417 View Post
I also use the dash vents, especially to heat cold hands. Didn't use them for a few weeks, then one cold day I opened them and turned the blower on high and got blasted with saflower seeds!! Dang mice.
We feed the birds outside, the mice bring the seed right back in the garage.
On a side note, you better take care of that problem. If mice get into your jeep (especially in the winter when you come home and the jeep is nice and toasty) and by into I mean under the hood as well....they can destroy your Jeep in a hurry. Do whatever you can to keep mice away from your jeep.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2014, 01:55 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
dama417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wausau WI
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
On a side note, you better take care of that problem. If mice get into your jeep (especially in the winter when you come home and the jeep is nice and toasty) and by into I mean under the hood as well....they can destroy your Jeep in a hurry. Do whatever you can to keep mice away from your jeep.
Oh I know, I've got poison and several traps out all year long, once in a while I just forget to reset the traps.
The back of our property is dense woods, so the wildlife is abundant.
dama417 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2014, 02:06 PM   #12
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by dama417 View Post
Oh I know, I've got poison and several traps out all year long, once in a while I just forget to reset the traps.
The back of our property is dense woods, so the wildlife is abundant.
A 22lr does a great job. Maybe get a falcon....I mean, who wouldn't want to own a falcon?
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
dama417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wausau WI
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
A 22lr does a great job. Maybe get a falcon....I mean, who wouldn't want to own a falcon?
Usually just use a pellet gun on the "little critters", I think a 22lr would get me in a heap of trouble if I shot it in the garage. We gave up on trying to control the "big critters", deer, bear, raccoons, possums.
Don't think the cat would hit it off to well with a falcon. The cat's another critter that just showed up in the back yard, starving, wounded, almost dead, now she thinks she runs the place.
Besides it's supposed to be close to 30 below, don't think I'll be spending much time in the garage with the pellet gun.
dama417 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2014, 06:07 PM   #14
Race Car Dave

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by dama417 View Post
Usually just use a pellet gun on the "little critters", I think a 22lr would get me in a heap of trouble if I shot it in the garage. We gave up on trying to control the "big critters", deer, bear, raccoons, possums.
Don't think the cat would hit it off to well with a falcon. The cat's another critter that just showed up in the back yard, starving, wounded, almost dead, now she thinks she runs the place.
Besides it's supposed to be close to 30 below, don't think I'll be spending much time in the garage with the pellet gun.
Oh it's cold? I recommend this....




NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC