WRITE UP: Pressurized Running Water on Jeep using Stock Bumper as tank - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #31
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,065
Been doing some research on the subject, and a number of people recommended this pump. They say it's better built and longer lasting than the Sureflo's. I've never used either, so I can't comment from personal experience, just relaying info.

Flojet 03526 144A Triplex Diaphragm 3526 Series Automatic Water System Pump : Amazon.com : Automotive

Measures 9x4x4"

NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #32
Jeeper
 
rich67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tampa
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZikas86 View Post
I know this is off topic but did you make that top in the back that covers your cargo area? If you did could you share what you covered it with or where you bought it? Thanks!
AZikas, I believe that is Hydroturf. I used it to turf my jetski. You can buy some from:Universal Hydro Turf Mat 40 x 62 Sheet PWC Jet Ski Mat | eBay
The one in that link is not diamond turf, you can also get that stuff too:HYDROTURF Hydro Turf Roll Sheet Black Diamond 40"x62" with 3M Glue Adhesive RTS | eBay
Just use carpet glue or the actual Hydroturf adhesive to hold it down to whatever you're mounting it to. Works great and looks good, too.

__________________
2013 Wrangler Unlimited
Commando Green
rich67 is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #33
Jeeper
 
reddragons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 70
Anyone know if the bolts inside are exposed to the water? If so, where can I find replacement stainless bolts?
reddragons is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #34
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragons View Post
Anyone know if the bolts inside are exposed to the water? If so, where can I find replacement stainless bolts?
Lowes sells stainless hardware.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #35
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,065
Anyknow know where I can find brass threads and cap combo? I'd like to add something similar to the AEV fill hole (rather than the OPs simple plug, but having a hard time locating them. I think Im going to route my spigot to the hitch area.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
KC_Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Too far from any coast.
Posts: 903
Absolutely amazing! This simply makes carrying rotopax for grey water an expensive and unneeded waste. I was looking at how to add those to my JK (along with Gas ones and maybe the safety pack) but his removes the need for those for cleaning water. You could just carry bottled water for drinking...

Now for those of us with less skill and/or fear of cutting the quarter panel for the hose connection, would say a gravity fed hose connection work say on a lower end of one side of the bumper?
KC_Hawker is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #37
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Hawker View Post
Absolutely amazing! This simply makes carrying rotopax for grey water an expensive and unneeded waste. I was looking at how to add those to my JK (along with Gas ones and maybe the safety pack) but his removes the need for those for cleaning water. You could just carry bottled water for drinking...

Now for those of us with less skill and/or fear of cutting the quarter panel for the hose connection, would say a gravity fed hose connection work say on a lower end of one side of the bumper?
Eh, that would just dribble the water out. There wont be enough distance to pressurize it to a meaningful level.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
KC_Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Too far from any coast.
Posts: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
Eh, that would just dribble the water out. There wont be enough distance to pressurize it to a meaningful level.
my thought process was more for cleaning me than cleaning the Jeep. Just use the bumper to hold the water and let gravity feed it down to a bowl or something like a simple little hose to direct. Was looking more at the bumper as water storage without needing interior space or need a HD bumper to hold the rotopax cans (and bigger tire) and not focusing on the pressurized water piece.
KC_Hawker is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #39
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Hawker View Post
my thought process was more for cleaning me than cleaning the Jeep. Just use the bumper to hold the water and let gravity feed it down to a bowl or something like a simple little hose to direct. Was looking more at the bumper as water storage without needing interior space or need a HD bumper to hold the rotopax cans (and bigger tire) and not focusing on the pressurized water piece.
I don't see why not. If you just want to literally have a water storage tank, it would work perfectly fine. I would have two spigots though, one on each side of the bumper. This will ensure that if your jeep isn't level (which offroad may very well be the case) you will be able to get all the water out. Should cost you 5-10 bucks per side of brass fittings and some epoxy.
NFRs2000NYC is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
County98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 530
You would just have to open the fill cap on top and it would gravity feed out like a radiator, I would think. I really like this mod and can't wait to see some different versions!
__________________
Cheers!
-USAF Retired

2013 CG Rubi, AEV Hood, AEV 2.5", ACE Sliders, Method Wheels, Rockhard Skid, Teraflex Hinge
County98 is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #41
Jeeper
 
reddragons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 70
I made the water tank this weekend. I added the same fill hole as in the video. Rather then adding the pump I just added plastic PVC fitting with a cap to the inside of the bumper. This works great and while I'm out on the trail this summer with the sun hitting the bumper I'm almost sure to have warm water to clean dishes and clean up myself.

After filling the 4 drain holes with JB Plastic Weld, I filled the bumper and removed one bolt at a time from the bumper and guess what.... no leaking water which means the bolts are not exposed to the inside of the bumper as I originally thought.

Great mod, excellent idea!
reddragons is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #42
Jeeper
 
Ltblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,050
Cool
Ltblue is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #43
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragons View Post
I made the water tank this weekend. I added the same fill hole as in the video. Rather then adding the pump I just added plastic PVC fitting with a cap to the inside of the bumper. This works great and while I'm out on the trail this summer with the sun hitting the bumper I'm almost sure to have warm water to clean dishes and clean up myself.

After filling the 4 drain holes with JB Plastic Weld, I filled the bumper and removed one bolt at a time from the bumper and guess what.... no leaking water which means the bolts are not exposed to the inside of the bumper as I originally thought.

Great mod, excellent idea!
Id like to see your version of my mod! Got pics?
EdsJunk is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #44
Jeeper
 
reddragons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdsJunk View Post
Id like to see your version of my mod! Got pics?
That's like singing karaoke in front of Elvis....
reddragons is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #45
Jeeper
 
Fanofny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdsJunk View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing you install. You better post pics and video on here!
Sorry for the delay, had a lot going on the past couple weeks. Anyway I finished up the build and it works great. It took me a while to finally figure out I needed epoxy (JB WaterWeld) to seal the PVC intake pipe to the rear bumper. I got everything set up for now. I may change some things around and search for a more solid and permanent solution, but for now its hose clamped, zip tied, screwed, and rigged into place. The entire mod cost about 30 bucks since I already had most of the parts including the water pump in the garage. I just need to find a plug to cover the fill hole and a small self coiling hose to carry in the jeep.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2708.JPG
Views:	263
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	245868   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2704.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	245869  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2701.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	245870   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2703.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	245871  

Fanofny is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:31 AM   #46
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 43,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanofny View Post
Sorry for the delay, had a lot going on the past couple weeks. Anyway I finished up the build and it works great. It took me a while to finally figure out I needed epoxy (JB WaterWeld) to seal the PVC intake pipe to the rear bumper. I got everything set up for now. I may change some things around and search for a more solid and permanent solution, but for now its hose clamped, zip tied, screwed, and rigged into place. The entire mod cost about 30 bucks since I already had most of the parts including the water pump in the garage. I just need to find a plug to cover the fill hole and a small self coiling hose to carry in the jeep.

Awesome
I forgot about this mod until somebody posted his YouTube vid.
__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR. Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils, custom length X-Factor arms,Teraflex,Synergy,Rancho 5000X shocks.
My 2007 2 Door Build
General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here
Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 457
Are you guys drilling into the tub to secure the regulator?
tlminh is offline   Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #48
Jeeper
 
ThingsAbove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 799
Seems as though there would need to be a drain valve located at the bottom of the bumper for cleanout and emptying completely before it freezes.
ThingsAbove is offline   Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #49
Jeeper
 
Wrangler27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 516
I love this! For sure gonna do it but i have a question how did you make that plate saying air and water or where did you buy one i really want that exact setup
Wrangler27 is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #50
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
kenb1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edgewood NM
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingsAbove View Post
Seems as though there would need to be a drain valve located at the bottom of the bumper for cleanout and emptying completely before it freezes.
Take out the plugs
__________________
2007 Black JKU now known as the Black Mistress. Dynatrack PR 44 front w/RCV axles, 4:88 Gears, Eaton 4P E-Lockers, 2.5 TF Coil Lift with 1" TF spacers, Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks, 33x12.5x15 Duratracs on MB Chaos 5 Wheels, XRC MOD front Bumper, Smitybilt X2O Comp 8000 Winch, LOD Gen 4 Rear Bumper, s-Pod Swith system, Amp Research Retractable Side Steps, Polly performance Suspension Bolt upgrade Superchip Programer and more
kenb1023 is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #51
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
NWHoneybadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Newberg OR
Posts: 126
Very cool idea. I've been thinking of ways to get on board water for my jk, and this gives me some great ideas. I was contemplating making a fiberglass "bladder" to fit inside a rear bumper that I will soon build.
NWHoneybadger is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #52
Jeeper
 
DirtyTeddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 428
@OP sent you a PM about maybe fabricating a plate and gasket for me. I'm sure others would like as well!
__________________
RnR
DirtyTeddy is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #53
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 43,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyTeddy View Post
@OP sent you a PM about maybe fabricating a plate and gasket for me. I'm sure others would like as well!
See if he has a email address to send to. I got him to sign up here but he hasn't been on since.

He's active on other forums, I can try and get him to check in.
__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR. Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils, custom length X-Factor arms,Teraflex,Synergy,Rancho 5000X shocks.
My 2007 2 Door Build
General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here
Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #54
Jeeper
 
DirtyTeddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post

See if he has a email address to send to. I got him to sign up here but he hasn't been on since.

He's active on other forums, I can try and get him to check in.
On the app but I don't think his email is visible.

That'd be great if you could contact him via other forum he's active on
__________________
RnR
DirtyTeddy is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #55
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 43,236
I will try
__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR. Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils, custom length X-Factor arms,Teraflex,Synergy,Rancho 5000X shocks.
My 2007 2 Door Build
General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here
Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #56
mallcrawler

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 43,236
He is active over on JF. I left him a message if you don't have a account there.
__________________
37x12.5x17 MTR. Rock Krawler 3.5"
Coils, custom length X-Factor arms,Teraflex,Synergy,Rancho 5000X shocks.
My 2007 2 Door Build
General lift discussion thread. Have a question, need help, issues, selecting a kit, ask here
Click HERE to become a WranglerForum Supporting Member!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #57
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: oklahoma panhandle
Posts: 64
Gee, I too was planning on an aftermarket rear bumper. But this would be super after a day of atving and bike riding. I could wash off the toys, and my own dirt....
panhandlr is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #58
Jeeper
 
KC_Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Too far from any coast.
Posts: 903
Think this is another video of the op.



Regardless of who it is, it is one of the best builds I have ever seen. Love the overhead console...
KC_Hawker is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #59
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: oklahoma panhandle
Posts: 64
Hmmmm and a little bit of on board fire suppression in addition to a fire extinguisher. Boy what an awesome "Oakley" Jeep.
panhandlr is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #60
Jeeper
 
DirtyTeddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 428
Inspector gadget.


I'm very jealous of all his gadgets

__________________
RnR
DirtyTeddy is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Vendor Spotlight (Deals & More)
Jeep Parts - Jeep Wheels - Jeep Soft Tops
» Recent Threads

» Popular Tags
2.5 2014 2015 advice axle bestop body lift build bumper check engine light clutch dana 35 dana 44 electrical engine exhaust fender for sale hard top hardtop install jeep jeep tj jku leak led lift lift advice lift kit lights mods newbie noise oem outdoorx4 overland parts problem quadratec radio rancho rims rubicon sahara sale shocks smittybilt soft top spacers sport springs steering stereo suspension suspension lift swap teraflex tire tire advice tires transfer case transmission unlimited warn wheels winch wiring wrangler wrangler 2-door wrangler tj
Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC