2" coil spacers & 1.25" body lift? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-18-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
Newb
 
Shanebrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7
2" coil spacers & 1.25" body lift?

Thinking about getting 2" coil spacers and 1.25" body lift. Is this a bad idea? Is it going to mess things up? Just looking for some information on doing this, anything will help.

Shanebrasher is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-18-2014, 08:37 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
thgr8alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,617
This should be in general discussion or tech but no its not a bad idea. Will work fine. Just adjust bumpstops and get an alignment afterwards. My brother is running that setup on his jeep with smittybilt tube fenders and 31 10.50s and it looks awesome. Also it breaks up the lift between suspension and body making driveline and steering angles better.

__________________
1998 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0 I6
33x12.50 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
3 inch Zone suspension lift, Rubicon Express adjustable front track bar, 1.25 inch body lift.
thgr8alex is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
Newb
 
Shanebrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thgr8alex View Post
This should be in general discussion or tech but no its not a bad idea. Will work fine. Just adjust bumpstops and get an alignment afterwards. My brother is running that setup on his jeep with smittybilt tube fenders and 31 10.50s and it looks awesome. Also it breaks up the lift between suspension and body making driveline and steering angles better.
I have 33s and 2.5 suspension lift already and this is also my daily driver. Is this gonna be bad for just driving on the road? And this will lift the jeep 3.25 inches so am I gonna have to get bigger shocks or get steering stabalizer or anything like that?
Shanebrasher is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2014, 05:29 PM   #4
Moderator

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
schnutzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ring side seats to the the country's largest circus
Posts: 28,071
Send a message via AIM to schnutzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanebrasher View Post
I have 33s and 2.5 suspension lift already and this is also my daily driver. Is this gonna be bad for just driving on the road? And this will lift the jeep 3.25 inches so am I gonna have to get bigger shocks or get steering stabalizer or anything like that?
if you have the 2.5" lift springs already, then leave out the 2" spring spacers and just go with the body lift. it will help[ save a lot of headache and increased cost. at 4-4.5" of suspension lift, you need to start looking into a fair bit of other componants to have a well set up system, and given that, you would want proper sized springs, not just spacers stacked on top. 2" spacers work great if you are just trying to get a couple inches over stock, they do not however function well when you are trying to hodge podge something together to get to 4" of lift.

a 2.5" suspension lift, combined with a 1-1.25" body lift is a combo used by many through out the forum to run 33s, and over all can work very well.
__________________
clinging on to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
schnutzy is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-19-2014, 08:01 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
thgr8alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnutzy View Post

if you have the 2.5" lift springs already, then leave out the 2" spring spacers and just go with the body lift. it will help[ save a lot of headache and increased cost. at 4-4.5" of suspension lift, you need to start looking into a fair bit of other componants to have a well set up system, and given that, you would want proper sized springs, not just spacers stacked on top. 2" spacers work great if you are just trying to get a couple inches over stock, they do not however function well when you are trying to hodge podge something together to get to 4" of lift.

a 2.5" suspension lift, combined with a 1-1.25" body lift is a combo used by many through out the forum to run 33s, and over all can work very well.
X2 ^^^^
I thought you meant 2" spacer on stock coils and a body lift. Do not put 2 inch spacers on your 2.5 inch lift coils. Youll be running 4.5 inch suspension which requires a couple hundred if not in the thousands range of extra additional parts to properly run it. Add just the 1.25 body lift and keep your suspension as it is unless you decide to get an entirely new suspension setup.
__________________
1998 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0 I6
33x12.50 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
3 inch Zone suspension lift, Rubicon Express adjustable front track bar, 1.25 inch body lift.
thgr8alex is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC