Project Willys starts with a limited edition wrangler TJ model that Jeep only produced so many of in 04 & 05. Considered a limited edition model because there are only a 2k made each year. With a little hunting around in Southern California we were lucky enough to find one to buy new from the Dealer. What makes the willy's unique is the features and badging. Some of the special features include factory camo seats with dark moss green interior, soft top, fenders flares, wheels, rocker panels, and anything else you could imagine came in dark moss green. The badging Jeep decided to use replicates some of the logo's you'd find on the original willy's military Jeeps. A star on the hood, ID tag along the side of the hood, "fuel" over the gas filler, and the willys logo on the side panels.
Retired my 94 YJ 4cyl 5spd @ 200K
Now in a 04 TJ 4cyl 5spd CV @120K+
Both as a commuter vehicle in NW, NJ
April 2012.downsized and now a 99er.
Willys Edition - 2004-2005
* 4.0L I-6 engine....not a special option or motor.
* Exclusive Moss Green exterior color....proven that is NOT "exclusive" to just the willy's
* Water resistant Camo and black seats
* Unique "WILLYS" decal at cowl side...only if the original buyer paid extra for the stickers.
* Diamond plate rocker guards painted Dark Green....same as the factory rubicon rockers just painted greenish
* Body-color fender flares ....same with the sahara or most other "special" packages.
* AM/FM stereo radio with CD player and seven speakers (includes subwoofer in center console) - no extra charge....option for any TJ
* Tow hooks ...Option for any TJ
* Fog lamps.....Option for any TJ
* Full-size spare tire with matching wheelStandard on ALL TJ's.
Willy's or any "special addition" wrangler is mainly trim options.
Also the D35 rear axle was standard with the option of D44 axle if the dealer or original buyer ordered it with one. Most all have the D35 rear. Standard with Basic steel wheels painted green.
They tend to sell for a tiny hair more because of the "hype" or idea of a army jeep. They are nice and I like them in their trim myself. Let us know what you decide.
Any more questions about it bud let us know.