Originally Posted by Navy_Jeep
Hey all. So I installed a 4inch lift kit on my jeep. Before it my 4WD worked but now it isn't engaging. I put the TC drop bracket on and I don't know why it's not engaging. After reading some I saw that there is a bolt I can loosen and slide to fix the linkage underneath the jeep but I'm not sure. Anybody help?
You are correct, there is an adjustment that needs to be done to get everything working correctly again. The factory service manual says:
SHIFT LINKAGE ADJUSTMENT
(1) Shift transfer case into 4L position. (make sure your shifter is fully in the 4L position)
(2) Raise vehicle.
(3) Loosen lock bolt on adjusting trunnion (Fig.
(4) Be sure linkage rod slides freely in trunnion.
Clean rod and apply spray lube if necessary.
(5) Verify that transfer case range lever is fully
engaged in 4L position. (you can do this under the vehicle at the transfer case)
(6) Tighten adjusting trunnion lock bolt.
(7) Lower vehicle
This is the adjusting trunnion:
Let me know if you have any questions!