99 TJ 4.0 shutting off :( - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
99BanksPowerTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gardners pa
Posts: 30
99 TJ 4.0 shutting off :(

So I got a problem I have a 99 TJ 4.0l and it keeps shutting off, first time it happened I was just sitting in a parking lot at idle talking to some people and it just randomly shut off,the second time I was pulling out of a parking spot at the firehouse and I didn't get much further then 5 feet and it shut off again, a few days later I was driving home and my speedometer went to zero and it shut off and I cranked it 5 or 6 times but didn't turn over then when I got it started it did it again a few miles up the road and continued to til I got it home HELP!

99BanksPowerTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
staud11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: san antonio
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BanksPowerTJ View Post
So I got a problem I have a 99 TJ 4.0l and it keeps shutting off, first time it happened I was just sitting in a parking lot at idle talking to some people and it just randomly shut off,the second time I was pulling out of a parking spot at the firehouse and I didn't get much further then 5 feet and it shut off again, a few days later I was driving home and my speedometer went to zero and it shut off and I cranked it 5 or 6 times but didn't turn over then when I got it started it did it again a few miles up the road and continued to til I got it home HELP!
Mine does this every once in a while so I'm curious to!!!

staud11 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
99BanksPowerTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gardners pa
Posts: 30
Ive heard a few things about some kinda relay on top of the fuel pump that can turn on and off or something like that but before I go dropping my tank an going through all that I wanna get some other opinions
99BanksPowerTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Zurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 401
Images: 33
the relay thing. Or, possible battery terminal issues or grounding issues or lions and tigers and bears.... bad ignition switch... lots to check out. sigh
__________________
Your passport to God's country

You know why it's called God's country? Because most sane people want nothing to do with it other than seeing the pretty pictures nut jobs like us take out here.
Zurn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
staud11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: san antonio
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BanksPowerTJ View Post
Ive heard a few things about some kinda relay on top of the fuel pump that can turn on and off or something like that but before I go dropping my tank an going through all that I wanna get some other opinions
Yea I've heard it might be the fuel pump to but I read you might want to try seafoam....idk though!
staud11 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
99BanksPowerTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gardners pa
Posts: 30
Yea I finally get through dealin with my death wobble and trying EVERYTHING under the sun to finally get that fixed and I get it fixed now this! Jeeps are such a mystery there good when there good and bad when there bad!
99BanksPowerTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
99BanksPowerTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gardners pa
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by staud11
Yea I've heard it might be the fuel pump to but I read you might want to try seafoam....idk though!
I put Seafoam in it 2 times a month and Lucas fuel additive at every other fill up
99BanksPowerTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
staud11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: san antonio
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BanksPowerTJ View Post
Yea I finally get through dealin with my death wobble and trying EVERYTHING under the sun to finally get that fixed and I get it fixed now this! Jeeps are such a mystery there good when there good and bad when there bad!
haha yea I'm in high school and every time I save the money to get something I want for it..it seems like something breaks haha
staud11 is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
99BanksPowerTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gardners pa
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by staud11
haha yea I'm in high school and every time I save the money to get something I want for it..it seems like something breaks haha
I feel your pain man...I'm in high school to

99BanksPowerTJ is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time to get real (way off topic) rivershark2005 Off-Topic 38 04-06-2012 12:35 PM
TJ throttle position sensor? Jeep716 TJ General Discussion Forum 7 04-05-2012 08:32 PM
Off Road Video "China Wall CO" JKBANDIT55 Colorado Jeep Forum 12 04-05-2012 04:43 PM
LOL, put on 31" and now I need a 4.0 Tonycrd TJ General Discussion Forum 5 04-05-2012 06:52 AM
AZ: 04 to 06tj tj unlimited (oh) factory hard top. the great moo Classifieds Archive 1 04-04-2012 08:22 PM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC