99 TJ Fuel System Question - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today

Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Milkman's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Corning, NY
Posts: 468
99 TJ Fuel System Question

Trying to replace the gas tank skid on my 99 TJ since mine is a rusty mess. Followed all the directions online but when I dropped the tank I found that the plastic tee attached in the picture below had broken off where it heads back towards the front of the Jeep ( to charcoal canister?).

The two rollover valve hoses (from items 6 & 9) attach to the two large barbs and the broken off one goes forward. I've tried my auto parts stores but none of their tees have different dia legs.

Anybody know a part number on this or where I can find one? It's not called out in my service manual and I can't reinstall the tank without it.


Milkman is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
Milkman's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Corning, NY
Posts: 468
Trying to get this back together today to drive it Monday. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Milkman is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
andrew127's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Peterborough ON Canada
Posts: 208
Depending on what the diameter of the hose is, you might have some luck looking for a Y fitting for windshield washers. I know in some heavy duty truck applications the universal pumps come with a Y that looks very similar. Just a suggestion
"Good work isnt cheap... Cheap work isnt good"
andrew127 is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #4
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Geneseo, NY
Posts: 407
You should be able to get a vacume T at any auto parts store.
I don't have a driveway, I have a parking lot!!! Kids!!
Horn5413 is online now   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #5

WF Supporting Member
O_M_Jeep's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Central Wyoming
Posts: 1,602
depending on how diverse the sizes are from the sides to the return line you can try getting a standard T fitting and a short piece of hose to bridge from the T to a reducer to the forward line.

Here is the list of available dealer parts
O_M_Jeep is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #6
Patrick H's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern NM
Posts: 3,136
Yep, any auto parts store. Even my local Autozone has vacuum T's in the "Help" section.
Patrick H is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #7
98TJWrangler's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 126
Send a message via ICQ to 98TJWrangler
I did the same thing when I dropped my tank. All I did was find a T fitting at my local auto parts store.

98 TJ Sold! New Rig Below
2004 TJ Wrangler Sahara|Black Rock Steel Wheels|33x12.50 General Grabber Red's|4in Coil Lift w/Currie Springs & RC N2.0 Shocks|D44 Rear|Full Bedrug Kit|LED Lighting
Warn 8000# Winch|Full Hard Doors|Bestop Highrock Bumpers w/Rear Tire Carrier
98TJWrangler is offline   Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC