Originally Posted by Jprather823
Hey guys, I'm a newbie Wrangler owner. Just got a 00 tj sport manual. 33s and some lift but not sure how much. About 93k miles. I know oul is good and has airaid intake that i cleaned and aftermarket exhaust. I have a few questions I need help with.
1. I am hearing a squeaking noise mostly after switching gears and pressing accelerator. Don't notice anything in idle. It's a constant squeak and not chirping. When in gear I hear a slight chirp and it sounds like its coming from right under the shifter. Any clue? Not sure how to pinpoint bc it only does it driving not stopped or neutral
2. PO had also installed some speakers( not very well). But I have a button right above where you plug in the code reader. Is this standard? Or after market. If standard what is it
3. I have noticed 5 to 6 grease ports in front end. What kind of grease should I put in and how do I know if I have enough?
4. How do I check transmission fluids? I'm not positive what transmission I have. How do I verify? If it is stock what type of fluid do I use and is it at local auto store. (Autozone)
Any help would be great! Love the jeep and proud of it just need help learning about it
1. Maybe throwout bearing. Do some research, maybe there is a similar recorded sound on YouTube.
2. Not stock
3. Use whatever grease fits in a grease gun.
4. Auto or manual. Auto there is a dipstick, manual there is a plug in the side of your tranny. Research for the location.