I hope someone can help. I on my last thread here (no pun intended).
Problem: Heat present. No fan (blower motor operation)
The timeline of events:
1. Fan goes out. January 2009.
2. Checked all fuses, relays, and resistors.
3. Installed new relay. Did not work.
4. Installed new fuse. Did not work.
5. Installed new switch. Worked!!!
6. Fan went out. 3 days later, awesome.
7. Summer arrived, Fan begins working.
8. Remain perplexed.
9. August 2009. Begin smelling burning plastic. Fan goes out.
10. Today, Buy a new resistor and excitingly install it. Does not work.
The only thing I can think of is that the switch needs replaced again. I blew the last replacement...so will that happen again if since I put in a new resistor?
When the fan is running. It runs without noise, etc. perfectly. So i feel the motor itself is in good order.
Any insight would be great, Thanks!
2000 4cyl TJ