Anyone ever use this lift fot there TJ? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 54
Anyone ever use this lift fot there TJ?


I have been trying to figure out which lift to get for my 99TJ. I came across this from rocky-road.com. The site and everything they have to offer looks great as well as the prices.
Anyone ever use this "Trailblazer" 4'' lift?

THanks,
Matt

Matt074 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
nick50471's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bushwood Country Club
Posts: 13,907
Call Dirk at DPG Offroad. He is the man when it comes to OME lifts.

Call him. Don't waste your time on his website. Call and talk to him.

__________________
License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.
nick50471 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Drock1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 828
I am looking at this lift also, seems really nice and I like that it is not using a BL. Looked at the one on DPG and it is using a BL and MM plus its like $350 more. I hope someone out there has some input on this lift as I am leaning towards it over the DPG as well.
__________________
2000 sport...gone
2006 Rubicon....gone
2013 Rubicon... Current
Every Jeep is born good, its what you do with it that matters!
Drock1979 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
nick50471's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bushwood Country Club
Posts: 13,907
The BL & MML are a much better option than adding a BB on top of the spring. When you go to 4" you must do one of the following. Add a SYE/CV set up of drop the Tcase. A Tcase is dumb and totally defeats the purpose of lifting the Jeep. SYE/CV set-up is great and costs $550. Money well spent especially if you do a TT at the same time.

So the 4" kit will require a SYE/CV or T-case drop. DPG set up will not and you get to run the same tire size and have a LCOG. Win.Win.
__________________
License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.
nick50471 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Drock1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 828
The kit he asked about also has the option of MM versus Transfer case drop. Plus It looks like he has a Rubicon as do I in which case a SYE is not needed. Could you explain why you think a BL+MM is better than a BB+spring? You sound sure of your opinion and I am still learning so I would just like to know the pros and cons of each option as I am hoping to purchase a OME set up within the next month or two. Again the Trailblazer kit is @350 less if upgraded the the long travel OME shocks so I am just curious what Benefits I would get going that route and paying another 350? Thanks for your input in advance.
__________________
2000 sport...gone
2006 Rubicon....gone
2013 Rubicon... Current
Every Jeep is born good, its what you do with it that matters!
Drock1979 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Drock1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 828
Plus BL generally look rough IMO, So Id like to avoid one unless i cant help it.
__________________
2000 sport...gone
2006 Rubicon....gone
2013 Rubicon... Current
Every Jeep is born good, its what you do with it that matters!
Drock1979 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Imped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 3,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drock1979 View Post
Plus BL generally look rough IMO, So Id like to avoid one unless i cant help it.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/this...on-139525.html
Post #10

As for the components at hand, there are much better ways to go about going up 4".
Imped is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
nick50471's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bushwood Country Club
Posts: 13,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drock1979 View Post
The kit he asked about also has the option of MM versus Transfer case drop. Plus It looks like he has a Rubicon as do I in which case a SYE is not needed. Could you explain why you think a BL+MM is better than a BB+spring? You sound sure of your opinion and I am still learning so I would just like to know the pros and cons of each option as I am hoping to purchase a OME set up within the next month or two. Again the Trailblazer kit is @350 less if upgraded the the long travel OME shocks so I am just curious what Benefits I would get going that route and paying another 350? Thanks for your input in advance.
When you lift a TJ 3" or more you will run into driveline vibes. To eliminate these driveline vibes you must do one of the following.

1) SYE/CV and adjustable RUCA's to adjust the pinion angle. Since you have a Rubi you will only need the UCA's.

2) T-case drop 1-1.5" to get the correct angle.

3) 2.5" SL and a MML to get the correct angle.

The OME springs are 2.5" and a 1.25" BL gives you the room to run 33's without SYE/CV set up.

The 1.25" BL also gives you a head start on a TT like Imped posted.

I have the DPG Super Ultimate TJ kit and a UCF Ultra High Clearance tummy tuck. I have 17.5" of belly clearance with 33's and a 2.5" lift.
__________________
License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.
nick50471 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drock1979 View Post
The kit he asked about also has the option of MM versus Transfer case drop. Plus It looks like he has a Rubicon as do I in which case a SYE is not needed. Could you explain why you think a BL+MM is better than a BB+spring? You sound sure of your opinion and I am still learning so I would just like to know the pros and cons of each option as I am hoping to purchase a OME set up within the next month or two. Again the Trailblazer kit is @350 less if upgraded the the long travel OME shocks so I am just curious what Benefits I would get going that route and paying another 350? Thanks for your input in advance.

For the record i do not have a Rubicon. Mine is 99 model 4.0 5sp. Dana 30 & 35 axles.

Obvioulsy if money wasnt an issue then i would do it all SYE, TT,MML,etc.. but in attempt to save some cash but still have a decent jeep on and off road what are the issues with the lift i posted in the 1st post?
With this kit will i need to have 2'' budget boost spacers to get the 4'' of lift?
Matt074 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick50471 View Post
When you lift a TJ 3" or more you will run into driveline vibes. To eliminate these driveline vibes you must do one of the following.

1) SYE/CV and adjustable RUCA's to adjust the pinion angle. Since you have a Rubi you will only need the UCA's.

2) T-case drop 1-1.5" to get the correct angle.
This is probably the route i will go b/c of money...

3) 2.5" SL and a MML to get the correct angle.

The OME springs are 2.5" and a 1.25" BL gives you the room to run 33's without SYE/CV set up.

The 1.25" BL also gives you a head start on a TT like Imped posted.

I have the DPG Super Ultimate TJ kit and a UCF Ultra High Clearance tummy tuck. I have 17.5" of belly clearance with 33's and a 2.5" lift.
Yes but that probably cost you upwards of $3,500 for that lift if im right...
i do not want to spend that quite yet.
Matt074 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Drock1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 828
The kit you asked about has.."Old Man Emu replacement front and rear coil springs with spacers for a full 4" of lift. Simply put, the best riding spring on the market available. Click here for more information on OME spring engineering. Unlimited uses a slightly different spring system, email if you have questions RRO Engineered shocks. A great soft riding shock designed for the medium weight of the Wrangler. Rides like a dream onroad as opposed to other STIFF shocks. Adj Front Track Bar. Anytime you go over 2" in lift, you must replace the front track bar to keep proper front axle alignment and handling. Adj Rear Track Bar. Anytime you go over 2" in lift, you want to adjust the rear track bar to keep proper rear axle position and handling. Rear Lower shock mounts. These move the shocks away from your axle slightly which makes sure your shocks don't touch the axle even during the most extreme rear suspension flex. Transfer Case drop kit. An unfortunate side effect of lifting TJ's over 2" is the need to also drop the transfer case. This helps keep driveline vibes at bay by reducing the ujoint angles and stress on the rear slip yoke. Not necessary or included in Unlimited and Rubicon kits. All these items add up to the finest riding suspension on the planet." So yes, Matt I think it is just that, a 2"lift with 2" spacers. It seems they also include all the other items Nick mentioned with the exception of the adjustable front and rear control arms,MML which I am not sure would still be needed since spacers are used. I think what Matt and I are asking from you more experienced guys is Will this lift work? What would you say needs to be added? For what it is worth Matt, I am really liking this kit and think it looks like a very good economical option. Some people seem to have loads of money and forget what it is like to try to stay within a budget, lol. By the way Nick and Imped, both of your jeeps look great and thanks for your help and info so far!
__________________
2000 sport...gone
2006 Rubicon....gone
2013 Rubicon... Current
Every Jeep is born good, its what you do with it that matters!
Drock1979 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drock1979 View Post
The kit you asked about has.."Old Man Emu replacement front and rear coil springs with spacers for a full 4" of lift. Simply put, the best riding spring on the market available. Click here for more information on OME spring engineering. Unlimited uses a slightly different spring system, email if you have questions RRO Engineered shocks. A great soft riding shock designed for the medium weight of the Wrangler. Rides like a dream onroad as opposed to other STIFF shocks. Adj Front Track Bar. Anytime you go over 2" in lift, you must replace the front track bar to keep proper front axle alignment and handling. Adj Rear Track Bar. Anytime you go over 2" in lift, you want to adjust the rear track bar to keep proper rear axle position and handling. Rear Lower shock mounts. These move the shocks away from your axle slightly which makes sure your shocks don't touch the axle even during the most extreme rear suspension flex. Transfer Case drop kit. An unfortunate side effect of lifting TJ's over 2" is the need to also drop the transfer case. This helps keep driveline vibes at bay by reducing the ujoint angles and stress on the rear slip yoke. Not necessary or included in Unlimited and Rubicon kits. All these items add up to the finest riding suspension on the planet." So yes, Matt I think it is just that, a 2"lift with 2" spacers. It seems they also include all the other items Nick mentioned with the exception of the adjustable front and rear control arms,MML which I am not sure would still be needed since spacers are used. I think what Matt and I are asking from you more experienced guys is Will this lift work? What would you say needs to be added? For what it is worth Matt, I am really liking this kit and think it looks like a very good economical option. Some people seem to have loads of money and forget what it is like to try to stay within a budget, lol. By the way Nick and Imped, both of your jeeps look great and thanks for your help and info so far!
Yes what he said!!

I am liking this kit as well for a couple reasons: price, uses components from EMU, seems to be about as complete as you can get before getting into SYE, MML, & BL's also the lifetime warranty on trac bars (i think).
N0t sure what to do...
Need some more thoughts on this from the experts!!
Matt074 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #13
Newb
 
beechler420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6
What is mml's?
beechler420 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Drock1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 828
Matt, we will find the answers eventually, lol.
__________________
2000 sport...gone
2006 Rubicon....gone
2013 Rubicon... Current
Every Jeep is born good, its what you do with it that matters!
Drock1979 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
nick50471's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bushwood Country Club
Posts: 13,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt074
Yes but that probably cost you upwards of $3,500 for that lift if im right...
i do not want to spend that quite yet.
I understand and didn't mean you need to get what I have.

Call Dirk. He will put together a system that fits your needs. His website is a place to start but not inclusive. Talk to him before you buy from anyone else.
__________________
License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.
nick50471 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
InvertChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NoVa
Posts: 7,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechler420
What is mml's?
Motor mount lift. It tilts the engine toward the back a bit.
__________________
|2004 Jeep TJ "Green Machine"|4.0L 5 speed Dana44|33x12.50x15 Goodyear Duratracs|2.5" RC coils + 1.25" body lift|OME NitroSport shocks|4.56 gears|Skid Row Engine Skid|BCC Sliders|Currie AntiRock|
InvertChaos is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 54
Bump
Come on guys... no one ever used this lift i originally posted about?
Matt074 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
Imped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 3,273
It's just basic stuff man, what more do you want to know? OME is well known for their 2" coils, which are excellent. The 4" coils are nothing special. It's your average, run of the mill, 4" "lift kit." If that's what you want, go for it. I'm sure it'll do fine for you.
Imped is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
Drock1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 828
Still would like to find a user of this set up to give a review if you could!?

__________________
2000 sport...gone
2006 Rubicon....gone
2013 Rubicon... Current
Every Jeep is born good, its what you do with it that matters!
Drock1979 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4" or 6" lift on 33's? Briangr TJ General Discussion Forum 51 09-11-2012 10:07 PM
1984-2001 Jeep XJ Cherokee Lift Kits 3-4.5" with Full Rear Packs FREE SHIPPING Baseline 4x4 Outfitters Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. 2 03-06-2012 09:24 AM
Zone 3 inch suspension lift or BDS 2 inch Suspension Lift with a 1 inch body lift 4bangersampler TJ General Discussion Forum 10 03-22-2011 04:11 PM
Lift question Beaver5 YJ Tech Forum 9 02-08-2011 11:06 PM
Body lift or no body lift?? savinlives2448 TJ Tech Forum 8 03-23-2009 10:38 PM



Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC