Anyone order door handles from quadratec? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 340
Anyone order door handles from quadratec?

I ordered passenger and drivers side outside door handles for my 2001 Saturday they got here today so I went out and tried to install one and the locking key that Is wedge shaped slides right On through. So it will not lock to the door.. I took it out and looked at it and the mounting bracket is welded higher than the factory handle.. I ordered them from quadratec. Has anyone else ordered these from there? If so did you have a problem with that? Or did I get a bum pair??

michiganhunter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 05-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Quadratec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 638
Hello michiganhunter,

Please PM me your info so I can look into the set that was sent out.

__________________
Quadratec Web Team

We Price Match, PM me for a quote

Forum Member Discounts

Active Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday

Wrangler Parts | Wrangler Wheels | Wrangler Tires | Wrangler Lift Kits | Wrangler Bumpers | Wrangler Soft Tops
Quadratec is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #3
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: East Granby, CT
Posts: 3
Final Outcome?

Michiganhunter,
I'm interested as to what your outcome was with this? I've recently encountered the same issue with my 1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ(full door) on the drivers side. I got the handle which was an exact match of the one I was replacing except the spacing for the keepers. The handle works perfectly as far as fit form and function but my keepers aren't correct. They fall right through as yours did. I did notice also that besides the spacing the keepers are set to install from the lower side rather than from the upper side like the original. I ordered a new set of keepers from Quadratec thinking that maybe the design was updated but the new keepers were exactly the same as the original.


Before I go and simple fab up a new set of keepers, Have you had any successful outcome? e.g. YJ series keepers?

Thanks,
Joe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganhunter View Post
I ordered passenger and drivers side outside door handles for my 2001 Saturday they got here today so I went out and tried to install one and the locking key that Is wedge shaped slides right On through. So it will not lock to the door.. I took it out and looked at it and the mounting bracket is welded higher than the factory handle.. I ordered them from quadratec. Has anyone else ordered these from there? If so did you have a problem with that? Or did I get a bum pair??
williamsct is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-28-2014, 08:15 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 340
Door handles

I actually ended up buying a set from crown automotive, they fit a little tighter but, I ended up having to bend the clips in where that key slid into down a little bit to shrink up the slop. Once I did that it was a right fit. Hope that helps you out
michiganhunter is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-28-2014, 05:43 PM   #5
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: East Granby, CT
Posts: 3
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganhunter View Post
I actually ended up buying a set from crown automotive, they fit a little tighter but, I ended up having to bend the clips in where that key slid into down a little bit to shrink up the slop. Once I did that it was a right fit. Hope that helps you out

Thanks, i'll try bending them down first,. the thought crossed my mind but I wasn't sure how ductile the metal was.

I wonder if the YJ and TJ had different size clips? Every site i've checked lists them as interchangeable though.

Joe...
williamsct is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 02-06-2014, 09:41 PM   #6
Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: East Granby, CT
Posts: 3
Follow-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsct View Post
Thanks, i'll try bending them down first,. the thought crossed my mind but I wasn't sure how ductile the metal was.

I wonder if the YJ and TJ had different size clips? Every site i've checked lists them as interchangeable though.

Joe...

As a follow-up in case anybody else runs into this in the future......

I went out, removed the door handle, removed the locking clips from the handle, re-inserted the keepers and precisely whacked the metal tangs into shape. The keepers were only installed to prevent over-bending the tabs. once I did this I installed the clips in the opposite direction as when I received them, this allowed inserting the keepers in the proper direction from the top.

After doing this I followed the sweet write-up on this site about installing them and removing the window. The total install using this method took about 20 minutes and I now have a perfectly functional handle. Even with this hang-up I would definitely use the Quadratec handles again, just check the tangs and keeper fitup before installation.

williamsct is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC