Best Soft Top for The Best Price? - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #31
Jeeper
 
ninjaturtle0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 920
I have Softtopper
Made in USA
Sailcloth
Easy removal and install
I had no leaks

__________________


/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ninjaturtle0 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #32
Jeeper
 
UFOtestpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaturtle0 View Post
I have Softtopper
Made in USA
Sailcloth
Easy removal and install
I had no leaks
How's the fitment, especially at the upper door area? I was looking at the rampage, but with the Softtopper being USA made and the cost difference being negligible (at least to me) I'm almost sold.

__________________
For some, it is easier to kill the light inside of themselves than it is to fight the darkness all around them.
UFOtestpilot is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #33
Jeeper
 
Amocat00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csahara View Post
Rampage Frameless
I agree!
Amocat00 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
cchartrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbillups
If you want a top with frame, quadratop
What's the quality/ fit? I've got a stock soft top frame, and am leaning towards the quad. I figure I can throw the money I'll save towards other stuff. Up here in the north east, I'll probably only have it on 6 moths anyway.........alright, maybe 8!
cchartrand is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
Tsexton223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 62
I have the quadratop from quadratec. No complaints. Someone in my subdivision cut my windows out of my last top and I had to have something pretty quick. It fits great and I have had no trouble out of it at all.
Tsexton223 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
cchartrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsexton223
I have the quadratop from quadratec. No complaints. Someone in my subdivision cut my windows out of my last top and I had to have something pretty quick. It fits great and I have had no trouble out of it at all.
Thanks man! Just what I wanted to hear. More money saved for other mods!
cchartrand is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
Tsexton223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchartrand View Post

Thanks man! Just what I wanted to hear. More money saved for other mods!
I think I paid about $300. I was kind of hesitant at first but I am glad I got it. I can get a picture or two up tomorrow so you can see it a little better. Everything lines up great and it looks just as good as some of the more expensive soft tops out there. Some people on here have apparently had trouble with quadratec but I have not had any issues at all. I bought my tube doors, mirror relocation brackets, grab handles, rocker guards and my quadratop from them and there will be more to come.
Tsexton223 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
birdy35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 90
I have a factory soft top from my 2003 Sahara that was totaled out. It's khaki colored with the privacy windows. In great shape but does have a pin hole over passenger side roll bar. Kinda interested in selling it. I'm located in St. Louis. Let me know if you are interested and I could send some pics
birdy35 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #39
Jeeper
 
cchartrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsexton223

I think I paid about $300. I was kind of hesitant at first but I am glad I got it. I can get a picture or two up tomorrow so you can see it a little better. Everything lines up great and it looks just as good as some of the more expensive soft tops out there. Some people on here have apparently had trouble with quadratec but I have not had any issues at all. I bought my tube doors, mirror relocation brackets, grab handles, rocker guards and my quadratop from them and there will be more to come.
I'm w/ you brother. Ive been kind of hesitant on pulling the trigger on the Quad softy, but it's a sweet deal! I've got a ton of other stuff to do, and any money saved can go towards other projects on my beloved TJ. Thanks for the input my friend!
cchartrand is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
cchartrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy35
I have a factory soft top from my 2003 Sahara that was totaled out. It's khaki colored with the privacy windows. In great shape but does have a pin hole over passenger side roll bar. Kinda interested in selling it. I'm located in St. Louis. Let me know if you are interested and I could send some pics
Sorry about your loss. Khakis need not apply.... All black here. Hope you find that top a good home.
cchartrand is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #41
Jeeper
 
ninjaturtle0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFOtestpilot View Post
How's the fitment, especially at the upper door area? I was looking at the rampage, but with the Softtopper being USA made and the cost difference being negligible (at least to me) I'm almost sold.
I have the version that fits the factory door surrounds and I have no regrets paying extra for the surrounds.

The other version uses their own bar like surrounds I'm not sure how it holds up

Look them up on YouTube they show how easy it is to install (bar surrounds version)
__________________


/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ninjaturtle0 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #42
Jeeper
 
UFOtestpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 1,818
Thanks. I have factory door surrounds but I have full doors and I had seen a couple complaints about fitment at the doors, but they seemed unclear on why. I'm putting it on the list.
__________________
For some, it is easier to kill the light inside of themselves than it is to fight the darkness all around them.
UFOtestpilot is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #43
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6
new to me tj sahara.will need soft top.thinking frameless,didn't see one on your site
mike bradbury is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #44
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
 
XTRyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike bradbury View Post
new to me tj sahara.will need soft top.thinking frameless,didn't see one on your site
Mike,

We do have the Trektop available on our site. There is the NX and the standard on there. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions about either one!

-Zach
__________________
Ryan H. | ExtremeTerrain.com Off-Road Outfitters
Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our WranglerForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #45
Jeeper
 
ninjaturtle0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFOtestpilot View Post
Thanks. I have factory door surrounds but I have full doors and I had seen a couple complaints about fitment at the doors, but they seemed unclear on why. I'm putting it on the list.
I created a post on a review on it on here do a search and there are other Jeeper's who posted and we all seem to love it.

Fitment issues? I don't have any and survived the TX winter rain storms with no leaks. When you have the factory door surrounds they fit right into the surrounds but on the Softtopper site they are upfront in letting us know that they might be a fitment issue if you have half doors.
__________________


/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ninjaturtle0 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #46
Jeeper
 
ViperTrek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTerrain View Post
CountryBoyJeep,

You want to check out the Supertop NX, or the Trektop NX by Bestop. Both tops will come with everything you need to install them on your Jeep. They install very easily and are priced very reasonably. On top of that, we have an exclusive discount for Wrangler Forum Members and free sipping on orders over $75.

-Zach
Income check is almost in my hand and was set on the Softopper.com cause the ease of removing and installing and it being sailcloth. But seeing the Trektop NX at that price I might just reconsider.
But have a couple of questions..
When you have it as a sun roof style can you actually drive the jeep at speed up to 75mph ?
Tried to find a video on raising and lowering the top but could find any. How easy is it ?

Trying to compare it to the Softopper.com one
ViperTrek is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #47
Jeeper
 
Tsexton223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 62
Sorry it took a while to get the pics up. Been trying to get stuff done in daylight without rain. Anyways, here is the quadratec soft top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3289391659.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	226309
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3680853367.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	226312  
Tsexton223 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #48
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
 
XTRyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTrek View Post
Income check is almost in my hand and was set on the Softopper.com cause the ease of removing and installing and it being sailcloth. But seeing the Trektop NX at that price I might just reconsider.
But have a couple of questions..
When you have it as a sun roof style can you actually drive the jeep at speed up to 75mph ?
Tried to find a video on raising and lowering the top but could find any. How easy is it ?

Trying to compare it to the Softopper.com one
ViperTrek,

Yea, I run mine on the highway everyday during the summer with it folded back, and have no problems with it.

to raise and lower the top, I'm assuming you mean to completely remove it, it's more involved than removing the factory top. The Trektop can't be simply folded back like a factory top, it has to be removed since it's attached to the rollbars and door surrounds.

To give you an idea of the install, here are the instructions for installing it on your Jeep.

Hope this helps, if not shoot me a PM I can help you out.

-Zach
__________________
Ryan H. | ExtremeTerrain.com Off-Road Outfitters
Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our WranglerForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #49
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1
Extreme - I would like the code as well. Thanks.
dacheez is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-30-2013, 03:53 AM   #50
Newb
 
NolaTJ86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 3
Just bought the bestop trektop nx black diamond on extremeterrian.com for $575.99. Install was a breeze and looks great. Posting pictures as soon as its complete. The weather is still a little cool. They weren't lying when they say the top needs to stretch.
NolaTJ86 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-31-2013, 10:02 AM   #51
Jeeper
 
CountryBoyJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 498
So I found an OEM soft top to match my color of my hardtop for $100 on craigslist... Sold the day after I talked to the guy.
__________________
Arachno Camo
CountryBoyJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 04-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #52
Jeeper
 
hayoCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 31
ExtremeTerrain, looking for a Supertop NX, can you PM me the ordering/discount info?

hayoCT is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
hard top , soft top , soft top replacement , top , topless

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC