bilstein or ome? - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huelsmma View Post
If i give someone $300-400 will they just order some shocks for me and suprise me?? I shouldnt be debating inmy head going back and forth btwn these 2 setups. Every one i talk to has a different dang opinion! At least I have figured out what coils Im going with
Yeah! Send me 350.

Raif is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:03 PM   #32
Jeeper
 
PStov98TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Beach, Mississippi
Posts: 2,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huelsmma View Post
If i give someone $300-400 will they just order some shocks for me and suprise me?? I shouldnt be debating inmy head going back and forth btwn these 2 setups. Every one i talk to has a different dang opinion! At least I have figured out what coils Im going with
Does that $300-$400 go to shocks or are you paying for the shocks on top of that? You have obviously entered a state of decision paralysis where you've thought about it so hard you can't make a decision. So I'll take the $400 now for being your psychiatrist and then you can buy the shocks that I tell you will fix your problem

But seriously, both are amazing. I have OME Nitro's in my jeep and my uncle has billsteins on his truck. Both ride better than stock shocks.

I'll probably get flamed for this one but, if you still can't decide which one, why not just pick one based upon the look of the shock?

__________________
OME 2.5" coils and Nitro Shocks, Metalcloak front track bar, JKS Quick discos, 33x12.50 Goodyear MTR's w/Kevlar, 15x8 Pacer wheels, thedirtworx rear tire carrier
PStov98TJ is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #33
Commercial Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Big Sarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fort Drum NY
Posts: 5,178
Send me $340!!!
__________________
NFL SEASON IS UPON US, GET YOUR FAVORITE TEAM AS A SHIFT KNOB FOR YOUR JEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!
CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR MY CUSTOM POOL BALL SHIFT KNOBS

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f37/custom-camo-pool-ball-shifters-224388.html
_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Big Sarge is online now   Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by PStov98TJ View Post

Does that $300-$400 go to shocks or are you paying for the shocks on top of that? You have obviously entered a state of decision paralysis where you've thought about it so hard you can't make a decision. So I'll take the $400 now for being your psychiatrist and then you can buy the shocks that I tell you will fix your problem

But seriously, both are amazing. I have OME Nitro's in my jeep and my uncle has billsteins on his truck. Both ride better than stock shocks.

I'll probably get flamed for this one but, if you still can't decide which one, why not just pick one based upon the look of the shock?
Yes this is just for shocks. I have the rest of the lift picked out for the most part.
Huelsmma is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
PStov98TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Beach, Mississippi
Posts: 2,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huelsmma View Post

Yes this is just for shocks. I have the rest of the lift picked out for the most part.
I figured. Haha I was just messing with you. Main thing to look at is shock length. Both extended and compressed and see what you need versus what they offer. If you haven't already done that.
__________________
OME 2.5" coils and Nitro Shocks, Metalcloak front track bar, JKS Quick discos, 33x12.50 Goodyear MTR's w/Kevlar, 15x8 Pacer wheels, thedirtworx rear tire carrier
PStov98TJ is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #36
Full Size Jeep Dr.

WF Supporting Member
 
lindel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The land of Salted Iron
Posts: 2,739
I've got Bilsteins now, before I had what looked like Rubicon Express (painted black, with silver paint underneath). Difference was night and day. Ride is much better.

__________________
His: 1999 Flame Red TJ, With a few mods...

Hers: 1987 Grand Wagoneer, stock w/Falken Wildpeak ATs
lindel is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC