Breaking into my Wrangler - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
bmbillups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 440
Breaking into my Wrangler

I am a highschool student at a 2000 student campus and being a junior i have to park in the farthest out lot. It has surprised me what this world has come to but sometime during school someone is getting into my jeep and SMOKING! Now i have no problem with smokers but to me (a non smoker) it is ruining the interior of my jeep! The smell is AWFUL and they are leaving ashes everywhere. And they still get in because i have half doors and all they have to do is unzip and unlock. Ive notified the on campus cop but of course he does nothing.... what can i do to fight this????

Edit: they are smoking in my jeep so they can hide from all eyes around the parking lot.

bmbillups is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
jrussblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: se la
Posts: 3,066
Put the top down

__________________
06 LJ
78? CJ-7
jrussblues is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
jrussblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: se la
Posts: 3,066
You can also put small luggage locks on both zippers.
__________________
06 LJ
78? CJ-7
jrussblues is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
bmbillups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussblues View Post
Put the top down
Yeah lol i thought about that but its rainy and cold here right now. I could do the locks on the front windows but the back windows can just as easily be unzipped
bmbillups is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
staud11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: san antonio
Posts: 258
Do they at least out the windows back up !!
staud11 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
jrussblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: se la
Posts: 3,066
Then they have to climb through, you could also put a little gear oil on the accessible zippers. If nothing else at least it'll make them smell like b.o. for the rest of the day.
__________________
06 LJ
78? CJ-7
jrussblues is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
staud11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: san antonio
Posts: 258
*put
staud11 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
bandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NW Harris Co, Texas
Posts: 54
This is wrong on so many levels. They have cameras in the lot, trust me, in a school that big they have cameras. Tell an assistant principal that knows you. If you don't have a good relationship with at least one of them, that needs to be a priority of yours.
bandman is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
ed98208's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Everett, WA
Posts: 390
Can you install a car alarm that goes off when they reach in to unlock it without a key? Or maybe a threatening note...something like "To the person(s) breaking in and smoking: Police have been notified and this vehicle is now subject to random checks during the day. Anyone seen inside it will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law".

That really sucks, man. People are so rude.
ed98208 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
jrussblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: se la
Posts: 3,066
Put in a smoke detector.
__________________
06 LJ
78? CJ-7
jrussblues is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
bmbillups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandman View Post
This is wrong on so many levels. They have cameras in the lot, trust me, in a school that big they have cameras. Tell an assistant principal that knows you. If you don't have a good relationship with at least one of them, that needs to be a priority of yours.
Tell me about it.....they have about 20 cameras through the school. UNBELIEVABLY, none in my parking lot. I have talked to the administrators and they are thinking about moving me to a different lot maybe. I figure its happening during lunch and my drafting teacher may let me go stake out in the softball complex so i can spy lol
bmbillups is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
bmbillups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussblues View Post
Put in a smoke detector.
HAHAHA THATS THE BEST ONE YET! Not a bad idea!
bmbillups is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
bmbillups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by staud11 View Post
Do they at least out the windows back up !!
Only about half of the time. I can tell every day they they get in it. Its crazy....
bmbillups is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
bmbillups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussblues View Post
Then they have to climb through, you could also put a little gear oil on the accessible zippers. If nothing else at least it'll make them smell like b.o. for the rest of the day.
Thatll get the little jerks!
bmbillups is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
ed98208's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Everett, WA
Posts: 390
Perhaps the "Carzapper 9000"... lol
ed98208 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
bmbillups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed98208 View Post
Perhaps the "Carzapper 9000"... lol
Wow! That has got to be the sweetest mod to any car i have ever seen lol
bmbillups is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
CMA_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hixson, TN
Posts: 3,167
Send a message via Yahoo to CMA_Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed98208 View Post
Perhaps the "Carzapper 9000"... lol
I'd definately do that
__________________
2003 White TJ Sport 4.0 5 speed D44 w/ Aussie Locker 3.73 tow pkg 3"BDS, 4"N20 Shocks 1.25bl 1.25mml Swaybarless-F&R 33x12.50r15
2001 customized Suzuki Intruder 1500 100hp Harley Killer
70 CJ5 Build
CMA_Rider is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #18
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
wmwhitey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ewa Beach Hawaii
Posts: 1,344
I am a mean person at times like this. I say get a spair battery put it in the back and run an eletric cord from the battery to the zipper putting them just close enough that the slight touch togeather will give them a good zap. Once that hand goes inside your jeep and the connection is made hahahahahaha I wish I was there to see it happen.
wmwhitey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #19
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
wmwhitey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ewa Beach Hawaii
Posts: 1,344
HAHA I didnt see the carzapper till after I posted.
wmwhitey is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
bmbillups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmwhitey View Post
I am a mean person at times like this. I say get a spair battery put it in the back and run an eletric cord from the battery to the zipper putting them just close enough that the slight touch togeather will give them a good zap. Once that hand goes inside your jeep and the connection is made hahahahahaha I wish I was there to see it happen.
Im thinking about actually hiding my GoPro camera in the car if they dont change my parking lot. I could get their face and show it to the office and then make them detail my car! lol
bmbillups is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
beetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Posts: 198
sneak out there earlier then them and hide & wait
beetle is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
hosejockey61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussblues View Post
Put in a smoke detector.
hosejockey61 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
CharTay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed98208
Perhaps the "Carzapper 9000"... lol
That is what I need seriously. I hate when people touch my jeep pisses me off
CharTay is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
bmbillups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle View Post
sneak out there earlier then them and hide & wait
Yeah ive got an awesome teacher that said hed let me go out there and stake out for an hour and a half during his class lol
bmbillups is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
bmbillups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed98208 View Post
Can you install a car alarm that goes off when they reach in to unlock it without a key? Or maybe a threatening note...something like "To the person(s) breaking in and smoking: Police have been notified and this vehicle is now subject to random checks during the day. Anyone seen inside it will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law".

That really sucks, man. People are so rude.
I also thought about leaving a note but then i got scared that theyd start burning holes into my seats....
bmbillups is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #26
Knows a couple things...

WF Supporting Member
 
Jerry Bransford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Escondido, Calif.
Posts: 33,213
Images: 2
Locking your doors, zippers, etc. is just going to encourage one of the smokers to cut your top or window out of spite.

You have complained to the security guard who could care less about doing as asked by a student. Your only recourse is to ask to speak with the Vice Principal (or Principal) and let him know the security guard is ignoring a problem he has been made aware of.
__________________
When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
bmbillups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
Locking your doors, zippers, etc. is just going to encourage one of the smokers to cut your top or window out of spite.

You have complained to the security guard who could care less about doing as asked by a student. Your only recourse is to ask to speak with the Vice Principal (or Principal) and let him know the security guard is ignoring a problem he has been made aware of.
Yes this has all crossed my mine. I talked to the administrator today and i have a meeting with the head principal tomorrow! Id love to move my jeep away from the jerks in that lot but id love to still catch the idiots and have them pay to detail my jeep and get rid of the smell.
bmbillups is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 09:04 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
LilYeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South Florida U.S.A
Posts: 2,591
that car zapper looks sweet, might have to get me one of those for the dummies that dont care if my proximity alarm goes off.
__________________

Random Guy: "Is there anywhere that thing cant go?"
Me: "Yea, past a gas station..."

Build thread: My Lil' Yeller Jeep, Paracord Grab handles ~ how to make your own
Keep on Jeepin on!
LilYeller is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
Virus692's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 559
Send a message via AIM to Virus692 Send a message via Yahoo to Virus692
As A Security Guy my self the best thing I can tell you is PUT YOUR COMPLAINT IN WRITING... yes that needed caps... also if you are not 18 yet let your parents know. have them put a written complaint "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" if after 2 or 3 written complaints you should see action. If you do not let Police know. The school is responsible for things you Write a complaint about. just talking about problems has them put on the back burner... also see if you can zip the windows to the inside of the jeep and LOCK the zippers. if they cut the top that is a crime that can be reported to the police. and your insurance company will also investigate who is braking into your jeep.
Virus692 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
beetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus692
As A Security Guy my self the best thing I can tell you is PUT YOUR COMPLAINT IN WRITING... yes that needed caps... also if you are not 18 yet let your parents know. have them put a written complaint "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" if after 2 or 3 written complaints you should see action. If you do not let Police know. The school is responsible for things you Write a complaint about. just talking about problems has them put on the back burner... also see if you can zip the windows to the inside of the jeep and LOCK the zippers. if they cut the top that is a crime that can be reported to the police. and your insurance company will also investigate who is braking into your jeep.
The getting things in writing part is very good advice. But I dunno about the locks on the zippers, I'd rather have them not damage my stuff and have to deal with police/insurance that's a PIA

beetle is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC