The locking center console (b/w the front seats) has been getting more and more difficult to open. I really have to push hard to get it to open. Anybody else have this problem and found a solution? Gracias.
I had this problem for a long time. I finally removed the center console cover via the two Phillips head screws on the inside. I took it over to the bench and sprayed WD40 in every crack I could find in the locking mechanism. Worked it for a while and it eventually loosened up.
Cixpak, you're more patient than I am... I took BeaverJeeper's route and ripped it open. While the instant gratification was tremendous, I wouldnt recomend the "Hulk-Smash" approach to anyone else. Now I've got one more thing I have to replace!
If you can't find it, grind it!
i have the same problem. To unlock and lock it is a pain. but i also have a hard time opening it. but i found the trick on how to open right. now just everyone else has problems. i would like to find a way to fix though. that would be pretty chill.
Imagine all the people living life in peace
There is actually a write up on how to remedy this. Can't remember if it was on here or YouTube.
Basically you take it apart and file down the pin/plunger that has mushroomed out over time.
This^^^^^ it's easy and it works. I did the PB blast thing for a while. it helped but didn't fix it. Then I finally I took the thing apart and filed the catch flat again...😃. Works like new for over two years now
I have had to clean my lock assembley a few times in the 12 years I have owned her. It is getting bad again. I hose it down with WD40. Then blast it with air. Then apply a coat of gun oil. Works great till the dust and dew start getting in it again.
Thanks for that link. My W-40 is starting to wear off. I'm thinking of giving this a try.
Yeah no problem. I used a file not the knife that appears to have been used in his tutorial in it works great! Also, it's really only one side of the plunger that needs to be filed to make it work, though I went all the way around.