Cheap, Easy, Fun CREATIVE MODS - Page 227 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-29-2013, 06:10 AM   #6781
Jeeper
 
LilYeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South Florida U.S.A
Posts: 2,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by elclipo View Post
Time to go inspect my bolts.
x2 thx

__________________

Random Guy: "Is there anywhere that thing cant go?"
Me: "Yea, past a gas station..."

Build thread: My Lil' Yeller Jeep, Paracord Grab handles ~ how to make your own
Keep on Jeepin on!
LilYeller is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 06:19 AM   #6782
Supporting jeeper!

WF Supporting Member
 
Mikekaz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Springfield ma
Posts: 3,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianjeeper94
I got a softopper awhile back and I'm waiting till the snow leaves to put it on, but I was wondering if anyone has ever run a safari top and tonneau cover combo?post pics if u have
It's sturdy too
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2328375973.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	203271  

Mikekaz1 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #6783
Jeeper
 
elclipo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJspeed View Post
And of course mine are different

Attachment 203277
__________________
Semper Fi
elclipo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #6784
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
DrewG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Land of Confusion (MD)
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by elclipo View Post
And of course mine are different

Attachment 203277
Just found this on some other Jeep site:
Grade 5 = Metric 8.8
Grade 8 = Metric 10.9

Hope that helps. (I think it was Grade 8 tensile str.=130kpsi and Class 8.8 tensile str.=92kpsi....something like that)
DrewG is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #6785
Jeeper
 
King_Aragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hell Paso
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJspeed
Thanks a lot for that! Time to go check the bolts!
King_Aragon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #6786
Jeeper
 
Dragonii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,522
Can of Duplicolor Bed Armor, Scotchbrite pad and some tape.... and now my dogs can hang out the window without scratching the hell out of my door.

Dragonii is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #6787
Jeeper
 
TJspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by elclipo View Post

And of course mine are different
Read this
http://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-in...ade-Chart.aspx
__________________
2000 solar yellow 4.0 sport 3" BDS, 1.25" JKS body lift, 1" Zone motor lift, JKS quicker disconnects, 33x10.5 BFG KM2 on black american racing wheels. D44 rear.

TJspeed is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #6788
Jeeper
 
thedaringmove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Riverside CA
Posts: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonii
Can of Duplicolor Bed Armor, Scotchbrite pad and some tape.... and now my dogs can hang out the window without scratching the hell out of my door.
Your jeep has the look I'm aiming for.
thedaringmove is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #6789
Jeeper
 
elclipo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonii View Post
Can of Duplicolor Bed Armor, Scotchbrite pad and some tape.... and now my dogs can hang out the window without scratching the hell out of my door.
Love it! My jeep is black but I may have to do something like it
__________________
Semper Fi
elclipo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #6790
Jeeper
 
viperx6x9x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norfolk Va.
Posts: 1,073
Found a cheap way to store the soft windows. Get one of those cheap folding chairs with the carry bag. Discard the chair unless you want it. Then lay the windows on top of each other (with layers of towels or something in between to prevent scratching), roll them up and stuff them in the bag.

Great for mobile storage, you can just lay the bag in the back or even strap it to the top when you put it down.

Plus you have a bonus carry handle that can also be used to hang it up out of the way at home.
viperx6x9x is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #6791
Jeeper
 
viperx6x9x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norfolk Va.
Posts: 1,073
Hopefully they come in larger sizes than mine so it covers the whole window, but it works for me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	window roll.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	203314  
viperx6x9x is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #6792
Jeeper
 
elclipo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperx6x9x View Post
Found a cheap way to store the soft windows. Get one of those cheap folding chairs with the carry bag. Discard the chair unless you want it. Then lay the windows on top of each other (with layers of towels or something in between to prevent scratching), roll them up and stuff them in the bag.

Great for mobile storage, you can just lay the bag in the back or even strap it to the top when you put it down.

Plus you have a bonus carry handle that can also be used to hang it up out of the way at home.
you're a genius!
__________________
Semper Fi
elclipo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #6793
Jeeper
 
viperx6x9x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norfolk Va.
Posts: 1,073
those gear ties were the expensive part, i think $17. The chair was like $5. I toss the chair in the back if I go to the beach or something.
viperx6x9x is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #6794
Jeeper
 
Bryangb7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 92
Images: 2
That's how I have been storing my windows...I got the larger reclining chair so the bag is bigger and the windows fit better
Bryangb7 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #6795
Jeeper
 
Gunz n tractorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Rising sun md
Posts: 1,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanruck
I was looking for a cheap way to do on board air, but I did not want to pay $300+ for an ARB compressor. I decided against a tank as I will not be powering air tools. I searched around for the best compressor for the price and found the SLIME 2x Heavy Duty Double compressor: 40026 Slime 2X Twin Cylinder Heavy Duty Tire Inflator
I bought it from Wal-Mart online for $65.
Slme 2X Heavy Duty Tire Inflator - Walmart.com

Steps:
1. I did not have enough room in the traditional spot for an air compressor because I have an air conditioner, power steering, and cruise control so there is no more space in the spare battery compartment. And as I was probably going to spend $50-$60 towards a fabricated metal holder for the compressor I decided to go a different route. I decided that if I put $25 towards an air filter I could then place the compressor INSIDE the existing air intake box.
2. I used the foam inside the SLIME box to pad the air intake box.
3. I cut a hole in the top of the air intake for the on/off switch.
4. I spliced the wires and cut a hole in the air intake in order to have it permanently connected to the battery.

This is a really quick air compressor. It takes 1.5 minutes to air my 32" tires from 25-35 PSI, and the green hose that comes with the air compressor is also great at letting air out of the tires (Dual purpose).

So there you have it ... better air filter, and on board air compressor for $99.

I can air up bike tires, air beds, and tubes when camping as well as air up my tires after airing them down in order to get through some snow/ice in the mountains.
Where did u pick up an intake so cheap?
Gunz n tractorz is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #6796
Jeeper
 
Gunz n tractorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Rising sun md
Posts: 1,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonii
Can of Duplicolor Bed Armor, Scotchbrite pad and some tape.... and now my dogs can hang out the window without scratching the hell out of my door.
Looks awesome
Gunz n tractorz is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #6797
Jeeper
 
valentine1210's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toms River NJ
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanruck
I was looking for a cheap way to do on board air, but I did not want to pay $300+ for an ARB compressor. I decided against a tank as I will not be powering air tools. I searched around for the best compressor for the price and found the SLIME 2x Heavy Duty Double compressor: 40026 Slime 2X Twin Cylinder Heavy Duty Tire Inflator
I bought it from Wal-Mart online for $65.
Slme 2X Heavy Duty Tire Inflator - Walmart.com

Steps:
1. I did not have enough room in the traditional spot for an air compressor because I have an air conditioner, power steering, and cruise control so there is no more space in the spare battery compartment. And as I was probably going to spend $50-$60 towards a fabricated metal holder for the compressor I decided to go a different route. I decided that if I put $25 towards an air filter I could then place the compressor INSIDE the existing air intake box.
2. I used the foam inside the SLIME box to pad the air intake box.
3. I cut a hole in the top of the air intake for the on/off switch.
4. I spliced the wires and cut a hole in the air intake in order to have it permanently connected to the battery.

This is a really quick air compressor. It takes 1.5 minutes to air my 32" tires from 25-35 PSI, and the green hose that comes with the air compressor is also great at letting air out of the tires (Dual purpose).

So there you have it ... better air filter, and on board air compressor for $99.

I can air up bike tires, air beds, and tubes when camping as well as air up my tires after airing them down in order to get through some snow/ice in the mountains.
How did you splice the wires in to give it power to the battery?
valentine1210 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #6798
Jeeper
 
BeerChameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tucson,AZ
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanruck View Post
I was looking for a cheap way to do on board air, but I did not want to pay $300+ for an ARB compressor. I decided against a tank as I will not be powering air tools. I searched around for the best compressor for the price and found the SLIME 2x Heavy Duty Double compressor: 40026 Slime 2X Twin Cylinder Heavy Duty Tire Inflator
I bought it from Wal-Mart online for $65.
Slme 2X Heavy Duty Tire Inflator - Walmart.com

Steps:
1. I did not have enough room in the traditional spot for an air compressor because I have an air conditioner, power steering, and cruise control so there is no more space in the spare battery compartment. And as I was probably going to spend $50-$60 towards a fabricated metal holder for the compressor I decided to go a different route. I decided that if I put $25 towards an air filter I could then place the compressor INSIDE the existing air intake box.
2. I used the foam inside the SLIME box to pad the air intake box.
3. I cut a hole in the top of the air intake for the on/off switch.
4. I spliced the wires and cut a hole in the air intake in order to have it permanently connected to the battery.

This is a really quick air compressor. It takes 1.5 minutes to air my 32" tires from 25-35 PSI, and the green hose that comes with the air compressor is also great at letting air out of the tires (Dual purpose).

So there you have it ... better air filter, and on board air compressor for $99.

I can air up bike tires, air beds, and tubes when camping as well as air up my tires after airing them down in order to get through some snow/ice in the mountains.
Omg!! That is sweet!! I might do this!! Also I have an unused tray where abs would of gone, you think I could use that? Lol

Awesome mod!!
BeerChameleon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #6799
Jeeper
 
elclipo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerChameleon View Post

Omg!! That is sweet!! I might do this!! Also I have an unused tray where abs would of gone, you think I could use that? Lol

Awesome mod!!
I don't have abs either. Where is this tray you speak of?
__________________
Semper Fi
elclipo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #6800
Jeeper
 
blkrubi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clayton NC
Posts: 23,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by elclipo View Post
I don't have abs either. Where is this tray you speak of?
The drivers side. It's where I mounted my compressor


__________________
I can only please one person a day and today is not your day and tomorrow is not looking good either!



CHRIS
blkrubi88 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #6801
Jeeper
 
elclipo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 723
Sweet. I think I've seen your posting before about it.

Harbor freight compressor?
__________________
Semper Fi
elclipo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #6802
Jeeper
 
blkrubi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clayton NC
Posts: 23,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by elclipo View Post
Sweet. I think I've seen your posting before about it.

Harbor freight compressor?
Yes sir.
__________________
I can only please one person a day and today is not your day and tomorrow is not looking good either!



CHRIS
blkrubi88 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #6803
Jeeper
 
thedaringmove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Riverside CA
Posts: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrubi88

Yes sir.
Is it reliable? Have you ever filled more than just your jeep up without stop?

I mean like two jeeps?
thedaringmove is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #6804
Jeeper
 
viperx6x9x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norfolk Va.
Posts: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryangb7 View Post
That's how I have been storing my windows...I got the larger reclining chair so the bag is bigger and the windows fit better

might have to find one, is there anywhere to find a cheap one because I don't have a use for the recling ones so much. I really just want the bag.
viperx6x9x is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #6805
Jeeper
 
BeerChameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tucson,AZ
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrubi88 View Post

The drivers side. It's where I mounted my compressor
That looks sweet too!! Where did u get your compressor, this method looks like less work
BeerChameleon is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #6806
Jeeper
 
blkrubi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clayton NC
Posts: 23,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove View Post
Is it reliable? Have you ever filled more than just your jeep up without stop?

I mean like two jeeps?
I've never really used it on my jeep yet, the place I wheel has a free air machine that's real fast, but its there if I need it. I don't think it would run air tools, bit I don't take those with me anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerChameleon View Post
That looks sweet too!! Where did u get your compressor, this method looks like less work
Harbor Freight.
__________________
I can only please one person a day and today is not your day and tomorrow is not looking good either!



CHRIS
blkrubi88 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #6807
Jeeper
 
Gunz n tractorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Rising sun md
Posts: 1,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrubi88
I've never really used it on my jeep yet, the place I wheel has a free air machine that's real fast, but its there if I need it. I don't think it would run air tools, bit I don't take those with me anyway.

Harbor Freight.
Whn u use it can you let us know how it works please?
Gunz n tractorz is online now   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #6808
Jeeper
 
Soli Deo Gloria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 39
All ya need is a some leather and some stamps!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4111051819.jpg
Views:	719
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	203492
Soli Deo Gloria is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #6809
Jeeper
 
elclipo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli Deo Gloria View Post
All ya need is a some leather and some stamps!!
Nice
__________________
Semper Fi
elclipo is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #6810
Jeeper
 
2004_Silver_Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli Deo Gloria
All ya need is a some leather and some stamps!!
Hell yeah that's awesome!

__________________
04 Sport with 3" Savvy Front Springs, 2" Rear BDS Springs, 1.25" BL, 1" MML, 33" Cooper STT's, Currie TJJ Front Track Bar, RE Quick Discos, and other junk.
2004_Silver_Sport is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cheap JK mods please share NEWWRANGLEROLDCJ7 JK General Discussion Forum 1050 07-09-2014 04:11 PM
Cheap, Easy Mod for the Doors Off Guys (and Gals) 05GT-O.C.D. TJ General Discussion Forum 31 09-22-2013 03:53 PM
cheap mods EricTheHorse87 TJ General Discussion Forum 2 04-27-2013 12:45 PM
Cheap mods? jeep7797 TJ General Discussion Forum 23 01-07-2013 02:21 PM
cheap mods davidc128 Builders Corner 2 03-15-2011 05:57 PM


logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid
» Rates
Get low rates on auto insurance in Canada!

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC