Ok so I got my Christmas bonus this past weekend and I am looking at spending a big chunk of it on my Jeep. First some pics so you guys know what I am working with.
I do have the original fog lights, though I just got the bumper on and the wires weren't long enough. Fixed them when I got back from the outing.
Funny, I don't have a pic that my Jeep isn't covered in mud.
1. Tires. I need new tires my Goodyear 31" MT/R's have had much better days and are almost bald. Best time to upgrade Tires and wheels, to black wheels and 33" tires. I like the low price and the slight variation of the norm of the D windows here
. Looking at BFG KM2, INTERCO TrXus Mud Terrain. I would like a low road noise tire because I ride with my top off in the summer as there is nothing better. My Jeep is a weekend warrior and I am on a 2.5" suspension lift(don't worry more on clearance later). Suggestions on where a good place to get them are? Also should I get them mounted and balanced already or keep that for a local shop?
2. Fenders. My fenders like all of the Wrangler fenders have faded to a nice gray.... I don't like gray fenders. I am looking at replacing them with flat fenders or tube fenders(BTW need to follow VA vehicle laws, must have some tire coverage). Here
. Maybe I should get some wheel spacers too, to get better tire clearance.
3. Winch. I think I need to wait on this one still as the money could be better spent in other areas first. Though I want the XRC-8 comp
, that comes with a synthetic line. More of a look upgrade than real necessity anyway, locker first, winch second.
4. Locker. Looking at the PowerTrax Lock-right locker
or lunchbox locker for my front diff. Won't be going on stuff that requires me to get much more than that.
5. Rocker Guards. I do have plenty of protection having the stock Rubicon rocker guards and side steps that are welded to the frame. Though the PO had some bigger rocker guards on her that he took off when he traded for a Rubi so I am left with bullet holes all over the sides below the doors. Would like to get ones that have a bar step on them for me an the wife. WTF!!! I just found these
! I would have gotten them in the first place if those were out when I was looking. The problem was that all the ones I found were easily over $300 because they had to be tall enough to cover right below the doors and that was without the steps. It cost me about 200 to get the steps and get them welded on.
6. Battery. I am pretty much convinced I want the Odyssey battery. Though where is the best place to get it? I usually look for the cheapest prices but they are cheap for a reason, need a place that will honor the warranty.
7. WF Membership. Last but not least I am going to get a membership to the WranglerForum.com it has helped me save plenty of money on mistakes and has given me great advice that it is worth supporting.
Ok well that pretty much sums it up. I will be getting new tires, the rocker guard and a battery. I know I will get the best advice as to where to pick up what and how you feel a product is worth getting at all. Hmm... looking more like a Christmas Gift List right now. Thanks