Well, this project is now dead in the water. I went to do a second wheel today and it is turning out much different than the first. The wheel I worked on today didn't take as well to the paint stripper and where it did there are some very deep machining marks from the manufacturer. I don't have the time or patience to work on polishing those out. So I'll be repainting them black.
This was the first one I started. If they all looked like this, I could deal with them until I got around to removing some of the stray spots.
I'd like to get some beadlocks eventually but I have other stuff I want to do to my Jeep first. The 1k it'll cost for some nice alloy beadlocks, I could do much more to make my rig more trail worthy. As long as these Duratracs are lasting me, I should be ready to jump up to 35s by then with the brake and steering upgrades as well as front/rear lockers with regear.