DIY Lift Kit - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
stumpbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ct
Posts: 403
dude you gotta be like 12 years old///


IM FAWKING SAYING YOU CANT TELL THE OP HE NEEDS ALL THIS STUFF RIGHT OFF THE BAT,

you are missing the whole boat and im so done with you its unreal

the kid doesn't need to do all the things I mentioned in my first post
end of story

__________________
......_____
......\o____o
../----L- []IIIII[]-
...............====
()_) ()_)=o==)_)..
RUBICON ON 37'S
stumpbuster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #32
NJO
Jeeper
 
NJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpbuster View Post
I stand by what I say even after the long winded discertation that pertained to my simple explanation of the op not "needing" the components I mentioned. sorry fellas but stop telling these newbies that they need all this extra thousands of dollars of parts when its hardly the case and what comes in the kit has worked for many, and this guy may be a part of that bunch.

but instead explain to the op the benefit of aforementioned parts ilo saying ne needs them and scaring them off.

nothing what I said is misleading
Agree, a lot of the expensive components are not needed, but to do it text book "right"(ie: no half @ssed TC drops etc), you are going to spend more money up front. But in the long run you most likely will save money, time and hassle.

With that said, a lot of the "budget" kits incorporate less than optimal components, like the mentioned "TC drop", or use spring rates that many times don't jive with an owners rig, use less than stellar shocks, poor control arms, etc etc.

Nothing wrong with having a budget or trying to do things on the cheaper side, but many times this is where lots of diligent research pays off.

People here who know me and my build, know I spent a good amount of money on my buildup, but I did it over the course of a few years AFTER doing a ton of research to get me up to speed on the Wrangler platform, and everything I did buy(be it cheap or not) was only bought once. I did not waste a single penny rebuying any components.

NJO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #33
Jeeper
 
MFsoftball22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpbuster View Post
dude you gotta be like 12 years old///


IM FAWKING SAYING YOU CANT TELL THE OP HE NEEDS ALL THIS STUFF RIGHT OFF THE BAT,

you are missing the whole boat and im so done with you its unreal

the kid doesn't need to do all the things I mentioned in my first post
end of story
Im sure many have very similar feelings towards you. I'm actually 26 y/o and own all of my own stuff including the house I live in (dont have to go to my mother's basement "brah") By the way you speak I would guess your like 17-20 y/o. Could be wrong but just guessing though. Also I wasn't the one that made that post, and if you actually read my post I agreed with what you were saying, only pointing out that you were just as wrong by saying that he wouldnt need it. You have to at least point out the fact that some of these are possible upgrades depending on his current setup and mod intentions.
MFsoftball22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
stumpbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ct
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFsoftball22 View Post
Im sure many have very similar feelings towards you. I'm actually 26 y/o and own all of my own stuff including the house I live in (dont have to go to my mother's basement "brah") By the way you speak I would guess your like 17-20 y/o. Could be wrong but just guessing though. Also I wasn't the one that made that post, and if you actually read my post I agreed with what you were saying, only pointing out that you were just as wrong by saying that he wouldnt need it. You have to at least point out the fact that some of these are possible upgrades depending on his current setup and mod intentions.
dude they are all possible upgrades ofcourse
everyone on here notorious for scaring newbies away saying they have to break the bank, when all they want to do is simply lift their jeep and friggin drive the dayum thing....
again I wasn't referring to you in the first place
__________________
......_____
......\o____o
../----L- []IIIII[]-
...............====
()_) ()_)=o==)_)..
RUBICON ON 37'S
stumpbuster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #35
Jeeper
 
Dextreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 3,546
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpbuster View Post
dude they are all possible upgrades ofcourse
everyone on here notorious for scaring newbies away saying they have to break the bank, when all they want to do is simply lift their jeep and friggin drive the dayum thing....
again I wasn't referring to you in the first place
I don't want to jump into the middle of your spat...but with Forums, people are going to want to share their opinions, experiences, etc. The flip side is that people also regurgitate information based on the posts and experience of others.

Some people try to help...some love to troll. Fortunately WF has more people "trying to help" than troll.

OP...do what you are going to do, but just understand some of the "got ya's" that will likely follow after your installation of that kit.

-Dex
__________________
'99 Chilli Pepper TJ Wrangler "Mistress"
33x12.5 DuraTracs
Zone 4.25"
Dextreme is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
stumpbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ct
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextreme View Post

Some people try to help...some love to troll. Fortunately WF has more people "trying to help" than troll.
-Dex

you forgot "some give misinformation that pushes intentions to certain death"
__________________
......_____
......\o____o
../----L- []IIIII[]-
...............====
()_) ()_)=o==)_)..
RUBICON ON 37'S
stumpbuster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
Imped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 3,270
Standard WF.

Ignorance is bliss.
__________________
Daily Driver Rock Rig
IndyORV
Imped is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
Rubicondon53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: pennsylvania
Posts: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpbuster View Post
dude they are all possible upgrades ofcourse everyone on here notorious for scaring newbies away saying they have to break the bank, when all they want to do is simply lift their jeep and friggin drive the dayum thing.... again I wasn't referring to you in the first place
You obviously don't get it . If one wants to simply lift a non rubicon jeep 2"s or less, cool, lift it and drive.. No problem... 2"s or more, in this case 4"s , it is. NOT a simple matter of lifting it and merrily driving off into the sunset. To tell a newbie to lift it 4"s and just drive it, is a non- truth, born of ignorance, and a disaster waiting to happen, and. an injustice for a new person partaking in our hobby.. I don't know everything, I'm still learning, and I've been in the hobby for well over 25 years, and been overlanding for the past 17 years... When you are in the outback, 6 or 7 hours from the nearest little town, you figure out very quickly what works well, what just works, and more importantly what does NOT work.. and yes, I am a nerd, a backcountry nerd, and very proud of it...
__________________
04' Rubi, with all the gizmos we need for long range excursions, / home modified excursion trailer;

96' Lexus 450, locked, loaded and ready to roll..
'12 VW New Beetle
Rubicondon53 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #39
Jeeper
 
MFsoftball22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpbuster View Post
dude they are all possible upgrades ofcourse
everyone on here notorious for scaring newbies away saying they have to break the bank, when all they want to do is simply lift their jeep and friggin drive the dayum thing....
again I wasn't referring to you in the first place
I agree with you and wasnt trying to bash you either. That is why I said that I agreed with some of the things that you were saying. I was simply trying to expand on what you were saying, to point out to the OP that he could run into some problems and might need more than just the lift kit.
MFsoftball22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
stumpbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ct
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicondon53 View Post
You obviously don't get it . If one wants to simply lift a non rubicon jeep 2"s or less, cool, lift it and drive.. No problem... 2"s or more, in this case 4"s , it is. NOT a simple matter of lifting it and merrily driving off into the sunset. To tell a newbie to lift it 4"s and just drive it, is a non- truth, born of ignorance, and a disaster waiting to happen, and. an injustice for a new person partaking in our hobby.. I don't know everything, I'm still learning, and I've been in the hobby for well over 25 years, and been overlanding for the past 17 years... When you are in the outback, 6 or 7 hours from the nearest little town, you figure out very quickly what works well, what just works, and more importantly what does NOT work.. and yes, I am a nerd, a backcountry nerd, and very proud of it...
yes, you are still learning, and yes I do get it since I have lifted numerous jeeps in my 36 years on this earth 4" and infact, get this, drive off into the sunset. there are many other choices the op could make that would better his ride, but what he is trying to do is more than feesable. I don't care about your past, just stop telling the op he needs to break the bank in order to simply put a 4" lift on. done it I wanna say about 7 times by now with the budget friendly lifts.

and heck im sick of it, look at this post that happened no more than an hour ago for godsake...http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/rubi...ts-312969.html

this is getting old quick with instances such as this^, and ill always defend the newbies on here who are looking to do something not out of wack....
and you will see exactly where im coming from and what people LOVE doing on this site.
__________________
......_____
......\o____o
../----L- []IIIII[]-
...............====
()_) ()_)=o==)_)..
RUBICON ON 37'S
stumpbuster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #41
NJO
Jeeper
 
NJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,388
To the OP: A LA kit is not necessarily an upgrade over a standard short arm kit. Many times its actually a downgrade.......this is why you need to spend time and effort on research etc.
NJO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #42
Newb
 
Jdmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 12
A good lift for an 05 jeep rubi

Hey guys! I wanted to see what was the best lift for a daily driver. I dont want to drop $1000.00 on a crazie lift. I dont go rock climbing at all. I may take it on some trails to prospect for camping and hunting sites. I want a lift from 2 to 4 inch range. Thanks for your help guys.
Jdmat is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #43
NJO
Jeeper
 
NJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmat View Post
Hey guys! I wanted to see what was the best lift for a daily driver. I dont want to drop $1000.00 on a crazie lift. I dont go rock climbing at all. I may take it on some trails to prospect for camping and hunting sites. I want a lift from 2 to 4 inch range. Thanks for your help guys.
A grand doesnt get you a crazy lift......trust me on that. For a quality ride DD lift expect to spend between 7-800 on a kit from a company like OME.
NJO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #44
Jeeper
 
Dextreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 3,546
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmat View Post
Hey guys! I wanted to see what was the best lift for a daily driver. I dont want to drop $1000.00 on a crazie lift. I dont go rock climbing at all. I may take it on some trails to prospect for camping and hunting sites. I want a lift from 2 to 4 inch range. Thanks for your help guys.
Many people with your same requirements will just install a 2" Budget Boost (~$100) as it will retain most of your stock ride handing and is just fine for mild jeep trails and/or nasty forest service roads.
__________________
'99 Chilli Pepper TJ Wrangler "Mistress"
33x12.5 DuraTracs
Zone 4.25"
Dextreme is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #45
Jeeper
 
MFsoftball22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicondon53 View Post
You obviously don't get it . If one wants to simply lift a non rubicon jeep 2"s or less, cool, lift it and drive.. No problem... 2"s or more, in this case 4"s , it is. NOT a simple matter of lifting it and merrily driving off into the sunset. To tell a newbie to lift it 4"s and just drive it, is a non- truth, born of ignorance, and a disaster waiting to happen, and. an injustice for a new person partaking in our hobby.. I don't know everything, I'm still learning, and I've been in the hobby for well over 25 years, and been overlanding for the past 17 years... When you are in the outback, 6 or 7 hours from the nearest little town, you figure out very quickly what works well, what just works, and more importantly what does NOT work.. and yes, I am a nerd, a backcountry nerd, and very proud of it...
Don,

I have been here in this same situation before with this very same person, and I am here again. You make very good points and are making an effort to educate and push the OP to get a better understanding on the subject. I would have to say that you maybe jumped the gun a little bit with some of your suggestions, but your intentions were good. I got what you were getting at and hopefully the OP got the idea also. I dont think that you were trying to scare him into not lifting his Jeep but rather look more into the subject.

Stumpbuster, you are also somewhat right. The OP does not necessarily need any of these things that Rubicondon was talking about. He might put on the lift and his Jeep might function and work good for him, but needless to say it is not going to be a top of the line lift. For some, they are ok with that, for others, they are not. But these things must at least be discussed, not at least pointing these facts out to the OP would be bad advice.

So hopefully the OP got some good information and at the end of the day he can choose who's advice to take and who's advice to ignore.
MFsoftball22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #46
Jeeper
 
MFsoftball22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmat View Post
hey guys! I wanted to see what was the best lift for a daily driver. I dont want to drop $1000.00 on a crazie lift. I dont go rock climbing at all. I may take it on some trails to prospect for camping and hunting sites. I want a lift from 2 to 4 inch range. Thanks for your help guys.
don't lift it!!! Simple as that!!! Lol
Attached Images
 
MFsoftball22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
stumpbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ct
Posts: 403
lol
__________________
......_____
......\o____o
../----L- []IIIII[]-
...............====
()_) ()_)=o==)_)..
RUBICON ON 37'S
stumpbuster is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #48
Jeeper
 
MFsoftball22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJO View Post
A grand doesnt get you a crazy lift......trust me on that. For a quality ride DD lift expect to spend between 7-800 on a kit from a company like OME.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextreme View Post
Many people with your same requirements will just install a 2" Budget Boost (~$100) as it will retain most of your stock ride handing and is just fine for mild jeep trails and/or nasty forest service roads.
Both good suggestions depending on what he is wanting to do and what he is looking to spend. Cant really go wrong with OME kits if you are willing to spend a little extra for them.
MFsoftball22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #49
NJO
Jeeper
 
NJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextreme View Post
Many people with your same requirements will just install a 2" Budget Boost (~$100) as it will retain most of your stock ride handing and is just fine for mild jeep trails and/or nasty forest service roads.
Yep, while killing suspension travel and requiring significant bumpstopping. BB's are basically worthless.
NJO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
MFsoftball22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJO View Post
Yep, while killing suspension travel and requiring significant bumpstopping. BB's are basically worthless.
Allthough I agree with you, some people, because they dont do any off roading, feel that it is not worth the extra money running lift springs over BB. It works for them and what they do. My uncle is one of them. He has a 2" BB and it works for him. But like you said there are a lot of shortcomings with BB. But they do provide a cheap way of getting a little air.
MFsoftball22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #51
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJO View Post
To the OP: A LA kit is not necessarily an upgrade over a standard short arm kit. Many times its actually a downgrade.......this is why you need to spend time and effort on research etc.
How could a long arm lift be a downgrade from a short arm? Granted, I'm not the most knowledgeable person in this department, but I do know a bit about geometry and larger arms make for a smoother arc of travel and less movement and wear at the joints. So please enlighten me of the negatives.
xgijosh is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #52
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 14
And thank you all for your advice. This is my first Jeep - and not one I plan to keep forever - so I'm trying to walk that frugal line while I learn about this expensive hobby.
xgijosh is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #53
Jeeper
 
Dextreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 3,546
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgijosh View Post
How could a long arm lift be a downgrade from a short arm? Granted, I'm not the most knowledgeable person in this department, but I do know a bit about geometry and larger arms make for a smoother arc of travel and less movement and wear at the joints. So please enlighten me of the negatives.
One negative is that those long arms are more prone to hang up on trail stuff as they are essentially now in your belly clearance.
__________________
'99 Chilli Pepper TJ Wrangler "Mistress"
33x12.5 DuraTracs
Zone 4.25"
Dextreme is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #54
NJO
Jeeper
 
NJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgijosh View Post
How could a long arm lift be a downgrade from a short arm? Granted, I'm not the most knowledgeable person in this department, but I do know a bit about geometry and larger arms make for a smoother arc of travel and less movement and wear at the joints. So please enlighten me of the negatives.
Just by the components used themselves for one. Second, you can and actually do hurt breakover angles on top of it. 3rd, most kit LA kits have poor geometry period. Id rather have a 2" SA lift vs. a 4" LA kit as an example for a number of reasons. If I had to do a 4" lift though, Id be doing a custom/mid arm setup, 3 link up front, triangulated 4 link out back. But for me, I did a 2" lift/10" travel SA setup(soon to be 12" travel), went with custom fenders and tucked the belly.
NJO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #55
NJO
Jeeper
 
NJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFsoftball22 View Post
Allthough I agree with you, some people, because they dont do any off roading, feel that it is not worth the extra money running lift springs over BB. It works for them and what they do. My uncle is one of them. He has a 2" BB and it works for him. But like you said there are a lot of shortcomings with BB. But they do provide a cheap way of getting a little air.
THe only proper way to do a BB, is to get new shocks with proper compressed/extended lengths that match up with the new spacers and bumpstops. To do that, your basically at the price of a traditional spring/shock kit. In other words no point.

And that's regardless if its a DD or not. Even if it is just a DD a 2" BB basically cuts your useful travel down from 7" roughly to 5-6". On a Jeep that will only hurt ride quality. Especially going over bumps that you wouldn't normally bottom out on.........now your raising the potential for that to happen, and on a regular basis too. Low travel and live axles don't mix.
NJO is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #56
Jeeper
 
MFsoftball22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJO View Post
THe only proper way to do a BB, is to get new shocks with proper compressed/extended lengths that match up with the new spacers and bumpstops. To do that, your basically at the price of a traditional spring/shock kit. In other words no point.

And that's regardless if its a DD or not. Even if it is just a DD a 2" BB basically cuts your useful travel down from 7" roughly to 5-6". On a Jeep that will only hurt ride quality. Especially going over bumps that you wouldn't normally bottom out on.........now your raising the potential for that to happen, and on a regular basis too. Low travel and live axles don't mix.
I didnt disagree with you and understand the need for longer shocks and decrease in suspension travel. But there is a pretty big difference in price as coils are ~3 to 4 times as much as spacers. For ride quality there realy is no comparison, lift springs win hands down. I wouldnt run BB on my Jeep but they might work for a person on a tight budget.
MFsoftball22 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #57
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
Hey I am also a newbe. Bought a 2002 wrangler sport, automatic. I also want to put a 3 inch lift so I can do 16 inch rims and 33 tires. I have no idea what to get or where. I have a mechanic to install once I buy one. I don't want to change lines and other stuff and spend a fortune. Any ideas on what lift I want and where to look for it?
thx for any help
techstevet is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #58
Jeeper
 
Dextreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 3,546
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by techstevet View Post
Hey I am also a newbe. Bought a 2002 wrangler sport, automatic. I also want to put a 3 inch lift so I can do 16 inch rims and 33 tires. I have no idea what to get or where. I have a mechanic to install once I buy one. I don't want to change lines and other stuff and spend a fortune. Any ideas on what lift I want and where to look for it?
thx for any help

This recent thread has some clues/idea for ya: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/lift-kits-313193.html (post #13)
__________________
'99 Chilli Pepper TJ Wrangler "Mistress"
33x12.5 DuraTracs
Zone 4.25"
Dextreme is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #59
Jeeper
 
2JeepsThatRun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmat View Post
Hey guys! I wanted to see what was the best lift for a daily driver. I dont want to drop $1000.00 on a crazie lift. I dont go rock climbing at all. I may take it on some trails to prospect for camping and hunting sites. I want a lift from 2 to 4 inch range. Thanks for your help guys.
I did the 2" OME lift and did lca in the front and Uca in the back. I used washers to get the t-case in the right spot about between 1/8" or 1/4" can't remember, but it was less than the inch they have in the kit. With 31s, a good spotter, and some driving skill it will take you just about anywhere. If anyone is familiar with jellico, tn or natural bridge, ky this set up will take you through over 90% of the trails with one or two winch lines thrown.
__________________
2000 TJ 2.5l, 2" OME Lift, Winch, Adjustable Control Arms, Rokmen Gas Tank Skid, Warn Sliders, CCFabs 3" Hood-lines, Engine Skid, Rock Crawler Bumper Front & Rear
Ohio River Four Wheelers- www.ORFW.org
2JeepsThatRun is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #60
Jeeper
 
2JeepsThatRun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgijosh View Post

How could a long arm lift be a downgrade from a short arm? Granted, I'm not the most knowledgeable person in this department, but I do know a bit about geometry and larger arms make for a smoother arc of travel and less movement and wear at the joints. So please enlighten me of the negatives.
If the kit uses the stock brackets on the axles it will be hung up a lot, but ones that don't like the Clayton system are much better about it and the Clayton kit gives you more clearance at the axle tubes because the shock mounts and control arm bracket are much higher than stock.

__________________
2000 TJ 2.5l, 2" OME Lift, Winch, Adjustable Control Arms, Rokmen Gas Tank Skid, Warn Sliders, CCFabs 3" Hood-lines, Engine Skid, Rock Crawler Bumper Front & Rear
Ohio River Four Wheelers- www.ORFW.org
2JeepsThatRun is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Tags
2006 , diy , lift kit , rough country , upgrade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.



Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC