Since I added a 2" BB yesterday.... I figured I could make some quick disconnects pretty cheap from my stock end links.
-I got some 3/8" SS shaft and 1" solid stock at 2" long.
-Bored the center of the 1" stock to 1/2"... then to 3/8", but only 1.5" in.
-Got a 1/4" retaining pin for connection.
-I cut the OEM 1/4" up from the axle bushing end to give some meat to weld to.
- I then drilled into the 3/8" shaft with 1/2" bit so the cut bushing end would 'press' into the shaft prior to welding. SS shaft was cut at 1.5"
- I welded up all the ends... dressed them up to look decent.
-Took all the pieces to the drill press and drilled 17/64" holes at 3/4" up from bottom of 1" stock to accept the 1/4" pin with a little play for easy install.
- aligned the bushing side of the Disco and oriented correctly and marked for drilling.
- used a reamer to clean all the edges of the holes
-Reassembled and painted with satin black
-Installed and stepped back for some pics....
Now... when I disconnect.... the length of the upper portion of the disco fits PERFECT in the coil bucket cavity at the frame under a bit of tension!
HOW SWEET IS THAT!!!
Wasn't actually planned but I could have played it off... LOL!!!
I'ld say I had a pretty productive weekend....