Does your Jeep get out of front end alignment easy? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 539
Does your Jeep get out of front end alignment easy?

It seems like every time I got off the road I mess up my front end alignment. I don't go over bumps or holes fast or anything.

IWANNAOFFROAD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Imped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 3,269
Your 'alignment' is held in place by linkages. The only way the alignment will change is if the length of those linkages change. That can only happen if they bend or adjust. So, your turnbuckles are either not fastened down tight enough or you're bending one or more linkage bars. Figure out what you're doing wrong and prevent it from happening. Simple as that.

__________________
Daily Driver Rock Rig
IndyORV
Imped is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Neil F.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Marlton, NJ
Posts: 5,003
Images: 1
How are you verifying it is out of alignment? The only alignment to set is the Toe. You can do that yourself very easly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Your 'alignment' is held in place by linkages. The only way the alignment will change is if the length of those linkages change. That can only happen if they bend or adjust. So, your turnbuckles are either not fastened down tight enough or you're bending one or more linkage bars. Figure out what you're doing wrong and prevent it from happening. Simple as that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWANNAOFFROAD View Post
It seems like every time I got off the road I mess up my front end alignment. I don't go over bumps or holes fast or anything.

You slammed into a curb no too long ago.
__________________
2003 TJ, 33" BFG AT, 2" BL, 2" BDS spring lift, Truck Lite headlights, Homemade sunrider top.
Neil F. is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 539
I had my alignment fixed since than thought. I just got brand new 31 inch mud tires and since than it pulls to the left a little bit.
IWANNAOFFROAD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
UnlimitedLJ04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWANNAOFFROAD View Post
It seems like every time I got off the road I mess up my front end alignment. I don't go over bumps or holes fast or anything.
I go over bumps and pot holes plenty fast. I even hit dips at speed and use the bumpstops for what they're designed to do. I often jump curbs too.

My alignment hasn't moved one bit in years, unless I did something deliberate to change it.
UnlimitedLJ04 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Rolly32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pharr, Tx
Posts: 413
Images: 1
If it pulls a little to the left or right, I'd consider that normal. I have hit very big potholes and nothing has ever happened to my alignment. I think you are over reacting since you said you had an alignment done.. probably at a shop, they would bring it to your attention that something isn't right. At least alignment shops around my area do.
Rolly32 is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolly32
If it pulls a little to the left or right, I'd consider that normal. I have hit very big potholes and nothing has ever happened to my alignment. I think you are over reacting since you said you had an alignment done.. probably at a shop, they would bring it to your attention that something isn't right. At least alignment shops around my area do.
Ok thanks
IWANNAOFFROAD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWANNAOFFROAD View Post
I had my alignment fixed since than thought. I just got brand new 31 inch mud tires and since than it pulls to the left a little bit.
Could be the tires tracking the road. What's the psi in them?
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 01-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn

Could be the tires tracking the road. What's the psi in them?
I'll check

IWANNAOFFROAD is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



logo carid shop wrangler parts carid fender flares custom wheels store avs deflectors at carid

» Network Links
»Jeep Parts
» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC