Downsize BL Help - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
Jeeper
 
thedaringmove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Riverside CA
Posts: 977
Downsize BL Help

So after deciding on many different routes ive decided to do the 3" sus lift by Zone and reducing my 2" BL to 1.25 or 1". The BL is also Zone. Besides the Pucks the Lift had all this stuff with it...

Features
-A radiator relocation system is included to ensure proper air flow
-Transfer case linkage relocation is included to avoid binding the shifter
-A Steering carrier bearing relocation bracket is included to correct the steering linkage angles

When I take out the pucks and shave em, Which of these do I need to remove? Which can I leave?

I plan on doing a MML not a Tcase drop so will not make the radiator relocation a problem?

FYI: I have 33" tires.

thedaringmove is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
TalkIsJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southington, CT
Posts: 289
Wait, so you're completely deleting your old BL and doing the 4.25" combo by zone? You should just be able to take the old spacers out and pop the new ones in their place.

Sweet lift BTW, good choice. Did you order through the vendor on here?

TalkIsJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
thedaringmove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Riverside CA
Posts: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkIsJeep View Post
Wait, so you're completely deleting your old BL and doing the 4.25" combo by zone? You should just be able to take the old spacers out and pop the new ones in their place.

Sweet lift BTW, good choice. Did you order through the vendor on here?
Basically will have the zone combo. I'm buying the 3" only though. Just gonna take out my old pucks and cut them down. Just wondering if ill need to remove/modify any of the other lift components.

I am not going to get it from AOR... I wrote him a message but I have a friend who can get me parts and kits at cost so im going that route. No shipping cost either that way.
thedaringmove is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
TalkIsJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southington, CT
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove

Basically will have the zone combo. I'm buying the 3" only though. Just gonna take out my old pucks and cut them down. Just wondering if ill need to remove/modify any of the other lift components.

I am not going to get it from AOR... I wrote him a message but I have a friend who can get me parts and kits at cost so im going that route. No shipping cost either that way.
Where were you when I got mine?! Hahaha if you shave them down to 1.25" it will be exactly what the 3" suspension lift would come with in the combo, although with my combo kit I didn't have to relocate the radiator...maybe that just comes with the kit when you don't order the 1.25" spacers and the 1" MML...so if you're doing it that way I think you'd be okay without relocating it..
TalkIsJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-15-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
thedaringmove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Riverside CA
Posts: 977
Yea I did some hardcore research... (zone website lift componets pictures side by side ) and It seems everything is pretty easy. Ill just need to shave and redrill a couple holes in the t case bracket to make it shorter and trim the bumpstops... thisll be an easy job. Looking forward to a taller beast.

TalkIsJeep: You should post some updated pics of your jeep in your jeep profile. I'd be interested in seeing it.
thedaringmove is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
TalkIsJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southington, CT
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove
Yea I did some hardcore research... (zone website lift componets pictures side by side ) and It seems everything is pretty easy. Ill just need to shave and redrill a couple holes in the t case bracket to make it shorter and trim the bumpstops... thisll be an easy job. Looking forward to a taller beast.

TalkIsJeep: You should post some updated pics of your jeep in your jeep profile. I'd be interested in seeing it.
I'm on my phone, can't do profile pics at the moment but here ya go..

Before:


Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121015_210713.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	169264

After:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121015_210828.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	235.9 KB
ID:	169265


I recently took off the nerf bars, HUGE difference looks wise and clearance wise. I'll take a better pic tomorrow. I'll update my profile when I get new tires..I hate seeing it like this hahaha
TalkIsJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
thedaringmove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Riverside CA
Posts: 977
I remember the lift/stock tires days haha. I only had the two inch though so not as drastic. I really didn't realize how much longer the unlimited is. Looks good. Yea nerf bars won't hold up to a good sized boulder. I'll be fabbing a set of rocker guards with help from friends after the lift and cb/pa system.
thedaringmove is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
TalkIsJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southington, CT
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove
I remember the lift/stock tires days haha. I only had the two inch though so not as drastic. I really didn't realize how much longer the unlimited is. Looks good. Yea nerf bars won't hold up to a good sized boulder. I'll be fabbing a set of rocker guards with help from friends after the lift and cb/pa system.
Nice!! Im ordering up some rocker guards soon..where are you mounting your cb / pa speaker?
TalkIsJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
thedaringmove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Riverside CA
Posts: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkIsJeep

Nice!! Im ordering up some rocker guards soon..where are you mounting your cb / pa speaker?
Well the PA I figure will go under the hood wherever I find room. The CB will mount overhead on a mount I made from a thread on this forum
thedaringmove is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Old 10-16-2012, 05:39 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
TalkIsJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southington, CT
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove

Well the PA I figure will go under the hood wherever I find room. The CB will mount overhead on a mount I made from a thread on this forum
Sweet! Not sure if it's exactly the same, but on my LJ my PA had a perfect fit on the drivers side under the hood

TalkIsJeep is offline   Quote Quick Reply
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Download our Mobile App

» Featured Product

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC